All reviews van dorn free shuttle metro station front desk room was clean waffles shuttle service free breakfast dc area upgraded to a suite outdoor pool water pressure hot breakfast two queen beds the breakfast area fresh fruit staff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Overall, we had a great stay. Let me get one problem over with and I'll get to the good stuff. If I could have given 3.5 stars I would have and let me explain why. In my mind, when I check in we always start at 5 and go down from there depending on what goes on. This place lost half a star each night but I'll be fair and happily leave the 4 because it was a better than average. This location offers beer and wine for sale. They advertise it proudly near the checkin desk and charge a lot for it. For 3 nights in a row I got in the elevator, went down from the 5th floor, asked for beer, and they didn't have any.."sold out", "haven't restocked", "sorry"..etc, 3 nights...you would think after night 1 it would have triggered a restock run. Night 1, no, night 2, nope, night 3, no, sorry...I don't get it. It may seem trivial, but after a long day it would have been nice. I didn't see a store nearby and didn't feel like driving around looking for one. Even with the crazy prices I would have gladly paid...anyway, on to the good. The place was clean, which is very important in our book. I thought the beds slept well and the pillows were comfortable. The staff was friendly, especially the housekeeping staff. The whole place just looked and felt clean, so well done. Hotel is conveniently located very close to a metro station that will take you right into DC, which is what we were there for. Not only that, they offer a free shuttle service which we never had to wait longer than a minute for...they were on the spot. The shuttle only goes to the metro station, which is fine, but the hotel is also a close Uber ride away from Old Town, which we really enjoyed. I also felt very safe in the area which is always a plus. We (6 of us) all enjoyed the breakfast each morning and the staff did a good job of keeping it stocked and clean. There was plenty to choose from with both hot and cold items. It was really nice to start the day eating a quick breakfast right there and heading out for the day. Again, overall, a great stay. The beer issue wouldn't keep me from staying at this location again, it was just a little annoying that it was 3 nights in a row. Other than that, happy with our stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your comments on the "good parts".

We apologize for being out of stock on beer during your stay. In Virginia we are not allowed to go to the local store to purchase beer/wine, we are required to use distributors who have set delivery dates which unfortunately didn't stock us up while you were with us. We will look into increasing our inventory level to prevent this problem going forward.

I would like to comment on the prices we charge which are certainly higher than if you go to the grocery store but much lower than any hotel in our area that sells beer in our area.

Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed here one night in a king suite. This hotel is reliable as is the majority of the choice hotels. Front desk staff was extremely friendly and checked to make sure my room was acceptable. The bed slept very well, the couch is comfortable, water pressure in the shower was great. I have absolutely zero complaints about my stay here and will stay here again on my next visit to Northern Virginia, the armpit of the East Coast.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Thank you for deciding to stay at our hotel and thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

We stayed here on a trip to D.C. It was clean and comfortable. The desk attendant was very nice when we checked in,,She told me about a good Chinese place that delivered A good breakfast was offered. I loved the pillows..

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your very kind comments.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Great location with free shuttle to the metro station. Employees were so helpful with my many questions on visiting the city. Clean room. Hot breakfast to start your day.
Would definitely stay again when passing through or returning to visit the city.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Thank you for staying with us and letting us know you enjoyed your stay. It is great to hear that you will stay with us again during a future trip to our area.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Comfort Inn wasn't a bad place to stay. The breakfast was good, the rooms were clean, and the staff was nice. The beds are a little firmer than I typically like, and the traffic will keep you up at night but all in all it's not a bad hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Thank you for letting us know that you felt our hotel was a good value for your travel dollar. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.