“Not elegant”

Ranked #47 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Hancock, New Hampshire
“Not elegant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was passing through so just needed a place for one night, and chose this place on the price.

Only one person on reception, which I felt was a little understaffed. She was pleasant and helpful.

The room was clean but a tiny bit shabby, but for the price OK.

A free continental breakfast was provided, I felt a little uncomfortable with the other breakfast eaters, (maybe that was because they were mainly men) with a couple of women still in their PJ's.

I had a couple of hours to spare and thought I might go and explore the area until I heard a police siren heading towards the hotel and 4 police cars, pulled into the parking lot. So I stayed in my room until check-out.

I'm glad I was only staying one night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Alexandria, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I will look into your complaints and discuss it with our staff. I hope this does not hinder any future reservations as we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Marienville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

overall good experience. Friendly and helpful staff. Very attentive to my needs and wants. Helpful with information concerning the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Days Inn Alexandria, Landmark. We will share this with our “Guest Satisfaction team” as we strive to make a positive impact to each and every guest. We look forward to your next stay at the Days Inn Alexandria, Landmark.
Northern Cambria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

The price was very cheep, but you do get what you pay for. All the Front Desk workers were very nice and accommodating. The 1st two rooms I was sent to was not ready and both time I went to the office to let them know. The 3rd room the manager went and inspected for be and was in working condition except no internet service (you had to got to the lobby for that) and no HBO.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business