Days Inn Alexandria
Kimpton
US$150
US$321
US$257
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$137
HolidayInn.com
US$241
US$214
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Okay everyone is complaining and stuff but um it's not that bad. Like for reals I went this week the doors were fine, so was the vents, the bed was clean, the mirror area was pretty though. Although I'm not gonna lie but it's dirty on the way from the lobby to the room the pool is dirty too, but overall it was average.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 16 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 11 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was in town for the Presidential Inauguration and all other places were booked. I did not have much of a choice.

This was the sketchiest place I have ever stayed. The lobby was scary. The walk from the lobby to the room was worse. Some of the doors were missing the number placards and rather than replacing them, the number had been scribbled on the door with a sharpie. The room was absolutely terrifying. You could see that the door had been kicked in a number of times. There was blood inside of a drawer. The shower was peeling and decrepit. It was so gross I showered with socks on and threw them away after. The sheets had black curly things on them. I tried to convince myself they were not pubes, but deep down I knew better. I slept with a corkscrew in my hand, just in case.

I wouldn't buy drugs from this place. But if you are after drugs, this would be a good place to go.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2014

If you are looking for a place to stay for a night or two just to sleep there it is an inexpensive and clean place to stay. The personal is o.k. and not overly friendly. I was traveling with family (children) and I would not stay there again with children. It is not the safest place. I am a smoker (shame on me), but while smoking outside I was offered drugs. Also at around 11 pm the police came and picked up a woman. Police men ran around and finally the screaming and yelling black woman was handcuffed by the police and thrown into a police car. I am ashamed to say that my sister and I watched the whole spectacle which lasted about 40 -50 minutes and found it highly entertaining. I could however see, how someone who wants to sleep and is not mean like us and slightly drunk like us, might not appreciate that type of entertainment. My sister was visiting from Germany so we thought it was entertaining. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was surprisingly good (with the exception of the coffee, but then I am European and I like my coffee strong). Overall it is ok to stay there if you are alone and you only need a place to sleep. It is rather inexpensive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family