“A nice place to stay--Friendly staff, great price”

Days Inn Alexandria
Ranked #48 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Elkins, Arkansas
“A nice place to stay--Friendly staff, great price”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Okay, this isn't the Ritz. The rooms show their age, and the televisions are tube type. But at this price, hey, it's GREAT!

First of all, the location is convenient to transportation. The Metro bus stop is less than a block away. In the morning you go really quickly to the Pentagon or another Metro stop.

Also, there are a lot of fast food eateries right around the hotel. The neighborhood is fine. It's not exactly a gated community, but it feels safe. There's a MacDonald's, an Arby's, a Boston Market, a Chinese carry-out, a Chinese buffet, a Thai place, and a kabob place all within a five-minute walk.

The hotel beds are comfy and clean. And the staff is awesome. (A special shout-out to Al & Charles on the evening shift. They smile, are polite, and are SUPER helpful if you need directions, an ironing board, or most any other request, those guys are terrific.)

I can't say enough good things about this nice (if not aging) Day's Inn. And at 1/2 the price of rooms in places a few blocks away, it's a great deal.

I am in DC a LOT, and this is my home away from home.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I reserved a no smoking room. I was put in a smoking room that had baby cockroaches in the sink. Two managers were extremely unhelpful, one saying I'd have to change rooms twice during my stay. Finally the night man Charles (wouldn't tell me his last name) took ownership of the problem and fixed it. He stuck with me until all the problems were resolved. Kudos to an employee who pays attention to customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The receptionist was short and somewhat rude until she learned that I was a rewards member, then she did a "service 180" and was helpful for getting checked in. The hotel is huge for a Days Inn. The breakfast was cold cereal or yogurt (no hot anything, no waffles, muffins, etc.), and the breakfast area was so small that there wasn't room to get to anything, there were too many people in the way.

The room itself didn't smell like smoke.

Overall I am never going back to this Days Inn. I stay at Days Inn whenever I can, generally they are very nice. This is one that breaks the trend. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go here, ever.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Alexandria
Reviewed 25 June 2014

No shampoo, no iron, and coffee maker didn't work. The breakfast was ok. Cereal, bread, fruit, oatmeal, juice, yogurt. Free internet worked great. Pool was clean, but not an inviting space. No chairs. Basic room worth the low price.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

General M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Alexandria, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our accommodation especially our breakfast area; I will look into the seating availability as we do provide an extra seating area during our high occupancy time. We look forward to your next visit.
Orlando
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this place on the fly, we were traveling to New Hampshire and this was midway. Expedia had it listed with 3.5 stars so we decided to take a chance, HORRIBLE MISTAKE! Upon arrival, there were several random strangers loitering at the entrance to the lobby, and there was VERY loud music inside, the clerk 'Charles' had to yell so I could hear him check me in, he states there was a wedding party going on. Check in was quick, however upon arrival in our non smoking room, it reeked of smoke. The furniture was very run down, the bathtub stained and dirty, and the remote was missing. I called down to the office and Charles' answer was come get one. This room was not cheap, I could maybe expect these conditions at a $40 a night place, but for almost $100, I would definitely expect a better level of service. Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else but here!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It appeared we had a function in one of our meeting rooms that apparently was too loud . I do apologize for this inconvenience will look into this further and your comments to prevent such a stay. I hope this does not hinder any future stays.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

i used to be a hilton diamond member untill i stayed at a wyndham property and from now on all i stay at there properties.i travel alot stay at at a lot of days inn and with out a doubt the days inn at 110 south bragg steet in alexandria va. is the best stay the property it self is clean,safe. the room are spot less.and the people from the gm david,to the front desk charles,liza,damingo,house keeping and maint.people are up and above respectful,helpful,just spot on there job. i am disabled and they went above and beyond to help me if u want a good stay this is the place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our accommodation and our staff . We strive for making your stay a memorable one. We look forward to your next visit.