“Average Days Inn”

Days Inn Alexandria South
Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
California
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Really nice place to stay. Although the building is aging, the staff doesn't a great job at keeping the rooms and proerty in really great shape. The rooms are always clean, smell good, no bugs and the staff will bend over backwards to assist with anything, with a smile!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinn6852, General Manager at Days Inn Alexandria South, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest,
I thank you for providing positive feedback. We utilize your feedback as a daily tools to upgrade our facility. Thank you for staying with us.
Giri
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Days Inn last month, my husband was in DC to run the Marine Corp marathon and we wanted to stay a little farther away from DC. We made a nice vacation out of it and stayed at a few different hotels as we traveled around. This Days Inn, by far, had the MOST comfortable bed. Seriously, it was pretty awesome.

The staff was very nice overall. The only thing I wish, and I do understand why they couldn't but still, I wish they would have let us have a late check out. I explained that my husband was running the race and would need to come back and clean up. I know they needed to get to the rooms but I was hoping they could figure something out. It has never been an issue for us at any other hotel and he has run A LOT of races that we go out of town for...but they were very nice about it.

The breakfast was pretty good. They had fixings to make an egg muffin type of sandwich- I just had the eggs and sausage which were OK. They had other typical fare and 2 waffle makers. At first we were a little concerned about the neighborhood b/c it seemed that they has a security guard on duty but it is on a huge street and very well lit. There were never any suspicious looking people hanging around- we felt safe. I would definitely stay here again if in the DC area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We thank you very much for taking time to provide positive feedback to us. Most of the beds are new and we are in the process of changing remaining ones. Thank you for your valuable time and thoughts.l
Giri
Gladesville
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Convenient location, big room with excellent facilities. Good, varied breakfast.
Poor soundproofing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I see a fair amount of negative reviews, but I think the days inn is a solid place to stay for business or solo. Rooms are clean and very spacious (tv, fridge, microwave), easy access to public transportation (or if you have a car, free parking and easy access to 395/495). It's no Ritz hotel but at the price point it is a great value.

have to also give a shout out to the manager, dave.. very on top of things, helped me settle a small billing discrepancy. Very courteous and professional. I am staying at the days inn long term (30+ days), and service like his is a large part of the reason.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business