Days Inn Alexandria South
  • Room Service
US$172
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$169
US$317
US$283
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflescontinental breakfastmetro stationnice stayoutdoor poolfree parkingyellow lineconvenient locationshuttle servicewalmartmicrowavecerealdryerubervernonclerk
Reviewed 14 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just spent 5 nights here. The room was CLEAN. Really clean. Cleanest room I have stayed in in a long while. Yes, this is an old hotel. It is on a busy street. Our rooms faced the apartments. When people were in their rooms, all was quiet. However, some folks seem to think that hanging around outside being loud, talking trash is appropriate behavior. Uhh, no it's not. I feel that since prices are so low they attract workers from out of town and others who may not realize that I don't want to hear them at 5 am. But, I guess I knew that getting a low cost hotel room. We (my son and I) had 2 dbl beds that were very comfortable, tv with cable (it worked), 2 chairs, table, dresser. Adequate towels. Wifi was sketchy. Seemed only to work well in early AM. Need more bandwidth. Breakfast every morning consisted of: english muffins, toast, muffins (blueberry, chocolate), egg patties (?), you make waffles, cold cereal, oatmeal, juice, coffee, tea. The area was kept clean and full of food. The staff here was very helpful and friendly. Seemed to work very hard. We were here to see DC, so we drove to the Metro (there is a hotel shuttle there, pickup is $6 per room) in Huntington (all day parking $4.95) and took that into DC. Bought the fast pass ($2 for card, $8 of travel). People working station were very friendly and helpful. Trains were clean. Bathroom at metro was...interesting-try it for the experience. We did not spend much time in the room except to sleep and get ready. Left fan blower on and that ensured a good nights sleep. My son wore ear plugs because apparently I snore. There were 2 washers and dryers on our floor. $1.50 each and adequate to wash and dry-bring soap. Down the road this hotel is on there are tons of chain restaurants, target, walmart, lowes, etc. Interesting service drives makes turns and such easier. Very busy roads. Would stay here again.

1  Thank kathryn747
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had to make an unplanned stay over due to car issues. I had the Wyndham people find me a hotel nearby, it wouldn't have made the cut if I did research. Our first nonsmoking room reeked of cigarettes, they switched us to the room next door which was a little better. Loud noises all night, shower wasn't clean. A real eye opener for my kids , we screen really well, now they know why.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family