“I always stay here”

Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
malibu, United States
“I always stay here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Whenever I am in the northern Virginia area, I always stay at this hotel, and have been staying here for years. I used to stay at various other "higher end" hotels in the area, and on one stay the hotel where m reservation was made me "walk" (hotel talk for being overbooked) when I arrived late one night (delayed flight). They sent me to this Hampton Inn, and I've been staying there ever since (well over 10 years). The hotel is nothing fancy, but everything is first rate, from the staff to the rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Turkish first
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed from March 15-21, 2014. Check in and out was a breeze. Beds are very comfortable. Rooms are very clean. Shuttle service to King St and Shirlington is awesome. All shuttle drivers, breakfast (Hilaria), cleaning and front desk staff are very accommodating and friendly. Loved our visit! Great value! Would highly recommend!!

2 Thank kjhtulsa
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

No complaints! All positive...clean, accommodating, great breakfast, awesome staff. Would definitely return. Very happy with our 6 night stay! Especially the free shuttle to King Street and Shirlington! Housekeeping staff did a great job each day tidying our room and replenishing towels and necessities.

1 Thank kim w
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

The check in process was very smooth and the staff very friendly. I found my room to be very clean and spacious. The hotel was conveniently located to I-395 and to the downtown Washington area. Breakfast was very good and the breakfast area was very clean and well organized. The hotel was very quiet and I was able to sleep undisturbed. I found the rest of the hotel to be very clean as well. I would definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank drrosenthal
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I spent one night with my family here. Staff was attentive to your needs. Room was nice and spacious (I booked 2 doubles), beds clean and bathroom reasonably updated and clean. Parking is free (not common around DC area, be aware). Breakfast was good and they had breakfast - to - go bags to take out. If you don't need to be walking distance from DC, this is a great option.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PandaMD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Our family of 4 stayed at this hotel for a 3 night family get-away. We were pleased that when we arrived at 11:00 AM our room was ready and we were permitted to check in. Parking was great- right by front door. The complementary shuttle runs to metro station in morning then starting again at 3:30 PM. Front desk clerk called a cab for us but then manager offered to take us so they canceled the cab (saved us $15). The manager pointed out historical sites along the way and would not accept a tip, We were very impressed. We were in and out of the hotel for 3 days and every single time we had the staff greet us kindly. The breakfast was always good, coffee, fruit and cookies always nice and fresh. Thank you for making our stay very pleasant! We will be back!

Room Tip: we stayed on first floor and heard no noise entire time.