“Disappointed”

Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times. Most of the time I overlook minor things. Not anymore. I am tired of being treated as if someone is doing me a favor by letting me check in. I am an Honors member but because of a mistake by Hilton my level has remained Silver and the front desk acts as if you are nobody. I am not going to accept finding someone else's hair on the bathroom floor or the pee stains around the toilet! I also would like a bedspread that doesn't have a four inch rip in it. I know the area well and there are many other hotels for around the same price. I intend to try another brand next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom C
Dorene S, Manager at Hampton Inn Alexandria/Pentagon South, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time yesterday to speak with me regarding your recent experience. I apologize once again that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of your guest room was of concern. I have also spoken with our front desk team members regarding your comments to make ensure others do not feel the way you have. Thank you again and I hope that you will stay with us the next time you travel back to the area. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist with your reservations.

Dorene

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Turkish first
Coshocton, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Couldn't have asked for kinder, helpful staff. They helped us to understand and master the Metro. Clean rooms and delicious breakfast. The shuttle took us right to the Metro station. Cintia Cortez at the front desk answered every question we had with a smile. Tony the shuttle driver was kind and full of good information about the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Brenda B
Decatur, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel was an excellent choice as we were preparing to relocate my sibling to the DC metro area. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean, neat, and wonderful decor after a long day of driving from GA to northern VA. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

malibu, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Whenever I am in the northern Virginia area, I always stay at this hotel, and have been staying here for years. I used to stay at various other "higher end" hotels in the area, and on one stay the hotel where m reservation was made me "walk" (hotel talk for being overbooked) when I arrived late one night (delayed flight). They sent me to this Hampton Inn, and I've been staying there ever since (well over 10 years). The hotel is nothing fancy, but everything is first rate, from the staff to the rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Tulsa, OK
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed from March 15-21, 2014. Check in and out was a breeze. Beds are very comfortable. Rooms are very clean. Shuttle service to King St and Shirlington is awesome. All shuttle drivers, breakfast (Hilaria), cleaning and front desk staff are very accommodating and friendly. Loved our visit! Great value! Would highly recommend!!

2 Thank kjhtulsa
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 March 2014

No complaints! All positive...clean, accommodating, great breakfast, awesome staff. Would definitely return. Very happy with our 6 night stay! Especially the free shuttle to King Street and Shirlington! Housekeeping staff did a great job each day tidying our room and replenishing towels and necessities.

1 Thank kim w
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The check in process was very smooth and the staff very friendly. I found my room to be very clean and spacious. The hotel was conveniently located to I-395 and to the downtown Washington area. Breakfast was very good and the breakfast area was very clean and well organized. The hotel was very quiet and I was able to sleep undisturbed. I found the rest of the hotel to be very clean as well. I would definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business