Morrison House, Autograph Collection
US$276
Hotels.com
US$205
  • Restaurant
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$214
US$156
US$149
  • Pool
All reviewsold town alexandriaking streetboutique hotelkimpton hotelssmall hotelhandwritten notewine receptioncorner roommini barfavorite hotelthe entire staffvalet parkingwonderful hotelking roomstreet parkingshops and restaurantsroom was clean and comfortable
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Our stay at the Morrison House was wonderful. The rooms were elegant and comfortable, the staff was friendly and extremely helpful. I asked for two dining recommendations and both great establishments. I usually try to save $20 or so by staying at other hotels, but decided to splurge a little. It would be hard for me to stay anywhere else in Alexandria now, the Morrison House will be at the top of my list.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2010

Dear Avwedding,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. I'm glad you had a good time at our property and also happy that the staff's restaurant recommendations worked out. Alexandria is a fantastic dining town!

We want to be the best loved hotel in Alexandria. If there’s any additional feedback you have on how we can continue work toward that goal simply contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. Thank you again and I hope we see you soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2010

My wife and I spent Easter weekend at the Morrison House for our very first time. The positive reviews here on Trip Advisor were right on the mark!
From a pleasant, efficient check in which included valet parking to an easy check out with no lines this is an excellent Hotel choice for anyone visiting Alexandria.
It is small with only 45 rooms but has an excellent location to visit Old Town, is only 8 blocks to the Metro but is right off the main shopping street and even offers dinner plus a pleasant relaxing bar with a piano player.
This Hotel is exactly what we seek out when we travel - small and personal with excellent service and attention. You will definitely love it
and plan to return as we have already decided to do.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2010

Dear LancasterTraveler,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. What a perfect time of the year to join us! I'm also glad you had a chance to enjoy our famous Piano Bar; we've got a stellar lineup of musicians who've been drawing crowds for 20 years. It's an Alexandria classic.

If there’s any additional feedback you have on how we can continue work toward being the best loved hotel in Alexandria simply contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. Thank you again and I hope we see you soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2010

We went to visit our son stationed at Quantico, and we stayed at the Morrison House in Alexandria, Virginia. The location was the best: not far from the beltway and the major travel arteries around Washington. Also, the Metro was a short 8 block jaunt with its many connections into the District.
Our room was great, the staff exemplary, the food and service superb. In a perfect world, The Morrison House would be the place to stay while away from home. As luck would have it, we found ideal accomodations here.

Dear Chrlea,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. While we can't put a Morrison House in every city, we can certainly look forward in welcoming you back to the one in Alexandria.

If there’s any additional feedback you have on how we can continue work toward being the best loved hotel in Alexandria simply contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. Thank you again please pass along thanks from all of us to your son on his service to our county.

Reviewed 30 March 2010

My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend at the Morrision House in Alexandria.
We were treated with graciousness, and experienced an elegance that I thought was only a product of a by gone era. Every single person greeted us by name, with a smile and eagerness to help. We plan to make the Morrison house our "home" for any weekend in either Northern Virginia or Washington DC as it is a quick Metro ride or cab ride away.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear KeikoMcg,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're glad you were able to make it during this past month, it's been a beautiful spring!

Reviewed 28 March 2010

I'm a Kimpton In-Touch member, and if you manage to stay in 10 of their hotels in a year, you get two free nights, so I've stayed in most of the one's in the DC area. I've stayed at the Morrison House twice, most recently in February.
What's great: the rooms are a good size, there's free internet, it's on a side street so not as loud, and the cookies on your pillow when you check in, along with the chocolates, are a nice touch. It's also pretty convenient if Old Town is where you want to be and/or you don't mind walking 15 minutes to the metro (I don't. others might)
Less great: the library theme would work better if the books they summarized on the little cards they leave you were summarized/paraphrased accurately--as it is, it seems like an interior decorator's idea of a book-focused hotel. It's got an older/slightly precious vibe, which is a bit at odds with most Kimptons. Finally, they, like another Alexandria Kimpton, recently charged my credit card for the $10 free stuff you get from the minibar as part of your loyalty membership. They took it off when I called, but it's a hassle to have to watch your statement like that.
Overall, the bad is petty, the good is good, and if you get a good deal, it's a comfortable and convenient hotel, but I kind of like the other Old Town Kimptons better.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business

Dear Travelinggrrl,

First of all, our thanks to your loyalty toward Kimpton Hotels. We want to be the best loved hotel company in the industry; your loyalty and your constant feedback is what will get us to that goal.

I appreciate your feedback about the book theme at our property. Like every Kimpton Hotel, ours tells a story and here at the Morrison House its Literature. That said, we absolutely want that story to be relevant and approachable in the eyes of our guests. We're updating some of the quotes on the guest cards we use and have introduced two this year with updated quotes.

I'd like to apologize for the challenges you had with our Raid the Minibar Program. We're working to ensure that this type of frustration is minimized in the future; we don't want any guest relations program to cause frustration or inconvenience to any of our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback and above all your loyalty to our hotels. Please feel free in using me as a resource whether for future stays at the Morrison House, or anywhere in the Kimpton brand your travels take you to.

Best,