“Great Stay for the Marine Corps Marathon” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
“Great Stay for the Marine Corps Marathon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

This hotel was perfect for the Marine Corps Marathon runners if they are ok with staying outside Washington DC. The hotel provides a free shuttle bus that can bring you to Reagan National Airport, as well as the nearest Metro Stop (Pentagon City). Both are roughly a 10 minute drive away. It's close to the start/finish line, and also provides a shuttle bus to bring you as close to the Pentagon as possible (start line). They also provided brown bagged breakfasts (bagel, fruit, peanut butter, water, coffee) on the morning of race day for free.

Regular breakfast was not free, $11 for a full buffet which was well worth it. Eggs, homefries, pancakes, bagels, fruit etc.

Quiet for sleeping, guards stay in each hallway all night as well to prevent disturbances. Late checkout for 6 oclock is available for $50 per room.

Great stay for the marathon!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank bwentworth2
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
bwentworth2 – Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. We were happy to have you with us during the Marine Corps Marathon. I am happy that to hear that our shuttle helped you get to and from the marathon. I will be sure and share your comments about breakfast and to go breakfast with our food and beverage staff. We hope to have you with us next year for the MCM.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 6 nights, we were there for the marine corps marathon and the hotel was part of the official hotel list of the marathon. However we were very pleased for the service and convenience of the location since they have a shuttle service to one of the main train stations for day to day transportation and a shuttle service directly to the nearest point of the start line the day of the marathon. Special thanks for the amazing service of Zach and Stephanie. We also noticed the team work of the staff, don't remember the name if of the manager but he was also always there. There were another couple of front desk ladies that were very kind all the time, I wish I could remember their names also. In summary, great location to stay but mainly driven by the service since you have so many options around, go for the service

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Juan F – Thank you for the great review of your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that your service experiences were so memorable. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire front office team. I am very excited to read your comment about team work, I will never get tired of hearing that my staff worked together to make your stay a successful one. We hope to see you again next year for the MCM.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I had such a great experience. the staff was fantastic and helpful. Beza at the front desk was so accommodating.. The room and hotel itself is very clean. I didn't eat at the hotel; but, they had breakfast "brown bag" for us who were running the Marine Corp Marathon..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
mapeugoh22 – Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We were happy to have you with us during your visit to DC for the Marine Corps Marathon. I will be happy to share your comments with Beza, she will be pleased to hear that she had positive impact on your stay. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again for next year’s MCM.
Green Cove Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here while visiting a friend in the area. Rooms were comfortable but not spacious. No breakfast is included only a hotel coffee maker but there is a 7-11 across the street for a good coffee + in the morning. The hotel restaurant is a little pricey for breakfast. Parking is in an adjoining parking garage, again a little pricey, $19 per day. Staff was friendly and hotel is located an easy drive to Washington for sightseeing. Our room was a comp because of another booking problem so we can't complain. Next time in Washington we will look for something with a full breakfast included. Wi-Fi was included at no charge, definitely a plus.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
gringobill - Thank you for your review. I appreciate the honest feedback and will certainly evaluate our price points for parking and breakfast. I hope that we would be able to have you with us again on your next trip to the area, I encourage you to look up some of our packages that would include breakfast and parking during your stay. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them and I hope to see you again soon.
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

With my spouse and son I stayed 11 days in Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South.
The responsiveness of the hotel team was excellent !!! Rooms and all hotel areas are very clean.
The food and beverage services deserve a special gratitude. F&B staff are very friendly, responsive and perfectly manage their duties. F&B quality is also very high !

I recommend this hotel for families, business and all other guests.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Otabek R – I am pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We know you have many options when staying in the DC area and we were happy to have you with us for such a long stay. I never get tired of reading comments from guests stating that the staff was “excellent”. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. We hope to see you again soon.
Poulsbo, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I travel a great deal and have done so for many years. The Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South was a great visit. Easy to maneuver around DC with easy access to highways to ensure you have options to avoid the DC traffic. Location is perfect to access restaurants or after hours business meeting venues. Old Town Alexandria (one of the neatest parts of DC) offers much...the hotel offers a shuttle service to get you there and back if needed. With all of that the most important aspect of the hotel for me was the staff...they remembered me, was responsive and were very friendly...always nice to hear a cheerful "hello" after a long day. All of the staff was simply superb...from the cleaning staff to the maintenance personnel. I'll be back....keep it up!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rick W - Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am pleased to read that we were able to accommodate you during your visit to the DC area. It is always great to read the comments about the staff and how warmly they treated you. I will be sure to share your comments with them during our October staff meeting. We look forward to your next visit.
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed for 3 nights while visiting the DC area. Convenient location, clean room and hotel. Friendly staff and good breakfast. My husband really liked the parking garage also. The shuttle to pentagon city metro was really a great plus of the hotel also. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am pleased to read that we were able to meet your needs and expectations during your recent stay. I know there are many options to choose from when staying the DC area and we greatly appreciate your patronage and look forward to your next visit.