“A Wonderful Nights Sleep”

Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South
Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Treated my two nieces to a weekend in Washington,DC and chose this hotel. Keith the manager and Edna at the front desk could not have been friendlier and nicer. They gave us an adjoining room. My husband and I were upgraded to a suite and the girls had a very nice room with queen sizes beds. The bedding was wonderfully comfortable and we all got a good nights sleep. The girls used the indoor pool which they loved. The hotel was in a great location, close to restaurants and close to DC without the noise and hassle. The place was very clean, everyone was friendly, prices very reasonable for the area and for what you get. Would definately stay there again. We had a totally wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Connie L-Wow, thank you for such a wonderful review about your stay. I will happily share your comments with Edna and the rest of the team. I am very pleased that we were able to create such a great and memorable stay for you and your family. We definitely look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the DC area.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was very accommodating and offered us to stay longer. I really appreciated the welcoming front desk staff. Parking is really close. Nice Lobby, updated nice hip design.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Tovah M- Thank you for your great review. I will proudly share your positive comments with our front desk team and I am very happy to hear that you appreciated our staff. We definitely look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the DC area.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

During our family trip to Alexandria Virginia, there was pandemonium on 95N Saturday morning through 3 pm. We arrived at our most indulgent king suite 604.The view from the suite was breath taking. I really appreciated the quiet spot of the suite. I was sound asleep by 9 pm. The plush pillows were exceptional, but too soft for my neck. Nonetheless the experience was dazzling.

Room Tip: Rooms on floor 6 are quiet, they're well kept and the view is to die for.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Wendy A- Thank you for so many kind words from your recent visit to the hotel. I'm very pleased that the view from your suite was breath taking and that your experience with us went beyond your expectations. I will be happy to share your comments with the entire team at our upcoming staff meeting. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is nicely situated by some major attractions that's just a mile away. The staff was friendly and the lobby was nice and clean.most of all the bed was so comfortable and I had a good night's rest.The clerk was very helpful and overall it was a great value .....

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rodney C
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Wendy A- Thank you for your wonderful review. I will proudly share your positive comments about your room with our team and I am very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We definitely look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the DC area.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

What else can I say. The staff, day and night were great with attention. So much so, that I want to come back at the end of the month for another five days.

My only drawback was that my room was so far up and away, that I lost my Internet signal at times. I will request a room close to the Internet source.

The hotel is located in the perfect spot, with banks, laundry, stores and restaurants within a two minute ride on their courtesy van.

I will return to this hotel in the near future.

Room Tip: I had an end unit wich was high and far away from noise. I knew I had neighbors, but never heard the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danilo B
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Danilo B - Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate receiving your valuable feedback in order to improve the quality and service of our hotel. We hope to have you return for any future stays.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I absolutely loved my stay here! This was quite possibly one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I had access to a rental car during my stay. For others, the metro is not even a five minute walk away. There was a theater, a few restaurants including a sushi restaurant that was in the same plaza as a 7-eleven. Further down the road, I also found a Whole Food Market which I fell in love with. It is a good location that is a little tucked away from the hustle and bustle of downtown DC.

I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. There was a parking garage. With elevator access to the main hotel that is only accessible with swipe card access. Staff were friendly enough. My sister had items Fedexed to the hotel prior to our stay. There were no issues with the wifi.

Complaints: The rooms do not come with microwave access. I believe there was a microwave at the reception desk area to be used. Also when in the bathroom, I could hear when the people next door were showering and flushing the toilet...awkward!

In closing, this was one of my favorite hotel stays ever!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

CDRD87 - Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Based on great reviews from our guests, we always work hard on improving the quality and service of our hotel. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed all 3 nights only because other hotels were full.

I looked to change hotels after first night because I told front desk of 3 problems in the room. I was told they would fix it but they never did. Door would not close when we would leave until I used a paper to hold the latch closed and slid out after it was shut.

AND NO CLOCK IN THE ROOM!

Pool was only open week nights and weekend. Daughter and I love a morning swim but could not. Never told or saw this when we booked.

Carpet was very dirty, I walked on it with white sox and needed to throw out after I noticed they were ruined.

Only reason I give them a second star was because of the van transport to the metro.

Stayed: July 2014

Matt L - Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We appreciate your valuable feedback, it’s one of the best tools we have in order to improve the quality and service of our hotel. We always strive to provide the highest quality of service and accommodations, and regret to learn that your visit was not on par with your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.