“Best Place to Stay”

Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South
Ranked #30 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This place is awesome and the customer service is SUPERB!

Rooms are booked by a system based on what is available. When we were taken to our room, it turned out that the room was not vacant (system error). The front desk agent on duty, Aimen (he's GREAT) upgraded us to a suite.

On our last day there was a plumbing issue that delayed us from meeting the check out time, so the agent on duty (Beza, who is absolutely AMAZING), waived the parking charges.

Overall, the hotel was clean, excellent, and in great location due to its close proximity to the interstate.

Definitely would recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms are booked by a system based on what is available. Call a few hours ahead to make sure the roo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Roodlande J
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Roodlande J - Wow, thank you for such a great review. I’m very pleased to read that your stay was awesome and the customer service was superb. I’m sure that Aimen and Beza will be very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward on seeing you when you visit the DC area.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stay in DC regularly for business. This month, my children joined me for some vacation Tim as well. The entire staff was wonderful -- from the front desk folks to the shuttle drivers. The service and courtesy is as fine as at a Four Seasons or a Ritz Carlton but at an affordable price. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2014

Demknicks - Thank you for your wonderful review. I will proudly share your comments about your stay with the front desk team and the shuttle drivers. I’m very happy to hear that the service you experienced was as fine as a Ritz Carlton or a Four Seasons hotel. We certainly hope to see you on your next trip to the DC area.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was my third stay in Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South (two times with family) since 2008, in fact this is happening in my each D.C. visit. Everything is well organized and operated! I met the same welcoming & smiling faces. I believe that any organization/hotel, which appreciates its staff more, appreciates its customers/guests even more. Seeing previous nice and committed faces, including the same shuttle drivers, who basically remembers every guests, we ascertained the due customer care of the hotel !

Room Tip: I believe any
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Otabek2014 - Thank you very much for such a wonderful review of your stay with us. I’m very happy that you found our staff welcoming and that everybody had smiling faces. I’m also very glad that we met your expectations and that you found everything well organized and operated. I will definitely share your comments with the team in our upcoming meeting. We look forward on seeing you on your next trip to the DC area.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Wanted to see the captial city so my 7 yr old daughter and myself stayed here two nights for one last getaway before school begins next week. The hotel staff is very friendly and very informative about both the hotel amenities and the city. It is exceptionally clean, smells good, the king bed room was quite roomy. The Bistro in the lobby offered really good choices for dining and the food was quite tasty. The shuttle is awesome-it takes you to the metro station which saves you from driving and parking in that hideous DC traffic. The price was affordable, I suggest booking the package to include parking and breakfast as it is better deal than booking the room alone. I would recommend this hotel to others and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

O G - Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm very happy that you found the hotel staff to be very informative and helpful. I will proudly share your positive experience at the hotel with our team and I'm very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We definitely look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to the DC area.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Marriott Courtyard - Pentagon South with my family. It was a 2 day stay.
The hotel was outstanding in every way, but the customer service experience was outstanding.

No one exemplified this "my pleasure to help you" attitude more than Stephanie Wheeloch.
I observed her helping and serving customers at the front desk with an attitude that it rare to see.
She was competent , kind, helpful and in several cases - went out of her way to anticipate customer needs. To the point of she say me take an aspirin with my last sip of coffee because I couldn't find a water. She anticipated a need, and was there to serve. One example of an outstanding representative of this fine hotel.

It is now my place of choice when I come to DC.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

john h - Wow, thank you for such a great review. I’m very pleased to read that the hotel was outstanding in every way. I will make sure to share your positive comments with Stephanie and the team. We definitely look forward on seeing you when you visit the DC area.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My friend and I stayed at Courtyard in July.We found everything perfect, clean bathroom,nice room, We were very impressed with the great customer service of the staff. As our first time in the area, the reception desk provided us with maps and clearly explained how to reach some places we had planned to visit.. The bistro staff were very friendly. We enjoyed the food. and the service. One night my friend got sick and had to go to the ER. The hotel assigned the shuttle service to take us to the hospital and later picked us up. We highly recommend the Courtyard Alexandria

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Maria S- Thank you very much for such a wonderful review of your stay with us. I’m very happy that you received great customer service from our staff and that everything in your room was perfect. I will happily share your comments with the entire team in our next meeting. We look forward on seeing you on your next trip to the DC area.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Good place for a quick stay. We stayed here for a long weekend away from home. Its located in a more urban type area. The highway runs next to the hotel. The parking deck is next to the hotel. You need your room key to access the parking garage, especially at night when returning late.

When checking in there isnt a lot of room for cars to unload luggage. The Lobby is nice and newly decorated. The elevators are small and compact but that probably due to building age. Corridors are fine. Our room showed signs of water damage. We stayed on the top floor, so the roof was above us. Wall paper was bubbled and some damage to the ceiling. Other than that no issues. The room did have a microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom was fine and had adequate water pressure and hot water for our 4 family members. The King bed was nice.

There is good access to Arlington VA and DC. They are both close.

Overall the staff was nice and pleasant. We enjoyed the breakfast each day in the lobby area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FitzD
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Fitz D-Thank you very much for your review and I apologize that your stay was not what you have come to expect from our hotel. We strive to ensure that every guest has an memorable stay and we unfortunately did not meet your expectation and our own. I will be sure to address every concern you have communicated with my staff to ensure it does not happen again. I'm happy that the staff and breakfast met your expectations. Thank you again for your review and feedback.