All reviews front desk across the street dc area shuttle service parking garage drug store breakfast buffet general manager the hotel staff indoor pool mark center free shuttle metro station old town edna manna lobby
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Terrific location and room rate! Good breakfast but a little pricey. Free coffee station. Great pool! Really nice rooms and staff. Prepare to stay for parking. Front desk staff understaffed during our stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
HHGBGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Becky W,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am happy to see that our services and amenities met and possibly exceeded your expectations. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

After staying at a Washington, DC, hotel with a poor A/C, I was excited to move to a Marriott property...where I knew the A/C would not be an issue!

The rate at this Courtyard is a bit lower than other DC-area CY’s, and I assume it’s because it’s not located near a Metro station. I had a car, so this issue was irrelevant for me.

Standard CY room. Exactly what I expected...and wanted. I love the consistency of Marriott.

Many CY’s have begun charging for parking as a way to generate additional revenue. I do not love this trend. I was told this CY normally charges $20/day for parking...but had slashed the price to $10/day as part of a promotion. I thought $10 was fair; $20 at this location is not appropriate.

Btw, the A/C worked great!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
HHGBGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

dcdude,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear that your air conditioner was to your liking. For future reference we do have a courtesy shuttle that goes to Pentagon City Metro from 5a-11p daily. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

We've stayed at many Courtyard level Marriotts over the years and this property DOES NOT measure up to their usual level of quality. We stayed for two nights. The property is old and run down. We had an "accessible" room that seemed to be missing furniture (there was furniture in the hallways that we could only assume was removed form the rooms for some reason). It just felt dirty and worn and tired. Most of the guests were students on their Senior trip. Staff not particularly helpful or friendly. I'd never stay here again.

What really defined the difference is that immediately after staying at this Courtyard we traveled to New York and stayed at the Chelsea Courtyard Marriott. Night and Day. The NY property was bright, clean, renovated, happy staff and a COMPLETELY different experience. I cannot believe that Marriott would put the same brand name on these two completely different levels of quality.

Room Tip: I doubt that there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank kristainco
HHGBGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

kristainco,

Thank you for your review. I am so very sorry that you did not have the type of experience that we aim to provide all of our guests. Your comments have been shared with the team leaders on property and we will use them to better our operation. While we are certainly not the newest property in town, our staff service and cleanliness are two of the areas our guests generally appreciate, so it is disappointing to hear that was not your experience. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

If I could give zero stars, I would. I am highly disappointed in this hotel. It is definitely not a normal Courtyard Marriott. How it is a 3 star hotel is beyond me. First, they charge for parking. Never in my life have I had to pay to park at a hotel and if I had known that prior to booking I would've stayed somewhere else where the room cost was a little higher but would've been cheaper including the parking fee. I didn't know they charged for parking when I booked it and once its booked it isn't like you can cancel it once you know you have to pay to park so you just have to deal. Next again without telling me they charged me $100 deposit for incidentals. I've been charged for this at a hotel before but I've always been told ahead of time. The only way I found out about this was because the next day I checked my bank account and noticed it. I tried calling the front desk and was simply told "there's a sign that says we charge". Well I'm traveling with my two children and had left them in the car and was in a hurry to get back to them because there also isn't really a spot to park while you check in as the spot in front of the doors was blocked off by shuttle vans. (this also made it extremely difficult to find a spot to load the cart with, ended up just doing it in the road that leads to the parking garage). So to require that their guests read a sign in order to know they are being charged without actually telling them is ridiculous. I've tried to call the onsite manager 4 times. The first call I was told he'd be in at 9. I called back at 9 and he wasn't in. At 9:30, still not. 10, nope and finally at 10:30 still not! The response I got from the front staff was "well it is saturday, I'm not sure when he'll be in". What kind of response is that? My suggestion, stay somewhere else and don't be fooled by the reviews like I was.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank MissyLovesJamaica
HHGBGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

MissyLovesJamaica,

Thank you for your review. Per our offline correspondence, I am happy that this matter was resolved immediately by myself. To reiterate, all of our third party partners, such as the one you booked through have access to all of our property's policies and procedures and post them on their websites. Yes, we do charge for parking, which is very common in the Northern Virginia area and yes we do require an incidental hold to cover miscellaneous charges such as parking, telephone calls and food/beverage purchases. Per our prior conversation, I apologize that these items were not made clear to you at the time of booking. We will review your comments with both the front desk team as well as our third party provider to ensure this type of information is more easily accessible to future guests.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel is older and we had some maintenance issues with the room. The staff took care of them but it was an inconvenience and not what we expected to deal with at a Marriott property. The property is not near a Metro line if that is important to you.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Franklimom
HHGBGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Franklimom,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your guestroom had a few issues that were able to be resolved by our Engineering team. We aim for a defect free guest experience, and unfortunately it appears as though we missed the mark this time. While our property is not within walking distance of a Metro station, we do provide a courtesy shuttle to the Pentagon City Metro Station daily from 5am-11pm.

We thank ;you for being our guest and hope you will consider us again in the future.