“Good Rate, Not So Good Location”

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
Ranked #33 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good Rate, Not So Good Location”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Gave me a good rate and an "upgraded room" but the location wasn't too great. A mile walk to the Huntington Metro station. The floors were dirty and sticky, but the rest seemed to be fairly clean. I didn't use the maid service so I don't know if they do a good job. Get a room that faces the back and it will be quieter.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Customer feedback is a great tool, it allows us to improve our product ad our service. I am working with my clean team to ensure each room exceeds the expectations of our guests. Thank you for your comments.

Shirley Jordan General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We met some relatives at Red Roof Inn in Alexandria for two nights last weekend. We had a fabulous time!! The hotel was well located, clean and the staff was excellent. I can agree with the other positive reviews of Ms. Mills. She helped us with early check in, getting a room next to our relative's room, restaurant recommendations etc.. and was just a delight. Thanks so much. We hope to be back soon. PS Juliano's Pizzeria down the street from Red Roof is FABULOUS!! (Especially the crispy bacon pizza)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review.I am very glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Our goal is to provide a clean room and great service.My team is awesome, and Ms. Mills is always willing to go above and beyond to meet the needs of our guests.We look forward to seeing you very soon.

RRI.Alexandria Va.
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Alexandria on a trip to DC. I reserved the room through Priceline and got a fantastic rate. The room was clean and well-kept, but the AC was broken. Luckily the hotel attendant, who was extremely friendly and helpful (Ms. Mill), quickly got me new, upgraded room. I'd highly recommend this hotel to DC or Old Town Alexandria travelers on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Guest, Ms. Mills is always on point! Her objective is to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. I am very happy to hear that she , again, was able to do that. Thank you for your comments. I will be certain to pass this along to her.

Shirley Jordan, General Manager
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Ms. Mills (property name RRI169) was very nice and friendly, made us feel like home. We would like to thank her for her hospitality.

We also liked that the place is smoking friendly and it is located really close to the beautiful city of Old Town Alexandria.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your comments. Ms. Mills is truly a team player. We really do appreciate her hard work and dedication. I will be sure to pass your compliment on to both her and Marina. We look forward to seeing you again.

Shirley Jordan, General Mnanger
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Great hotel! Clean rooms, super comfy beds, and the staff were excellent! Accepted our cat into the room with no pet fee. Quiet outside despite the traffic. Everything worked great, wifi had great service. Overall I'd definitely go there again. We were in room 105 and checked in around 8 and out at 11 with no problems at all! Love the floors without carpet, and the beds were some of the most comfortable hotel beds we've ever had!

• Stayed August 2013
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Guest, We are glad that you found us. Thank you for the positive comments on our newly renovated rooms, we are very proud of the results. Offering good service and being pet friendly is what sets us apart from some of our competitors. So glad we were able to accommodate all of your family members.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

My circumstances found me on I 95 from Miami Bch to Margate City NJ...after an exhausted 14 hr run to attend a funeral,and trying to find a pet friendly hotel that was not a flea infested dump I found this facility. I arrived to be greeted by two lovely women (debi) and her manager who first served a welcoming delicious cup of fresh coffee and then a clean modern fresh room!!! I have traveled the world and not received this attention in 5 and 6 star Hotel chains... I was truly appreciative to have this happen and will pass on this review to any traveler!!!
Ladies if ever in South Beach dinner is on me and "SUGAR"
Brava!!!!

1 Thank Jikosmin
Dear Guest, often we forget the simple things that can a persons day. It was a pleasure meeting you and sugar( your dog). Please come back to visit us real soon. You actually made our day!

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed at the RRI in Alexandria recently and Ms Mills was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and the price was very reasonable. I will definately be staying in this hotel again. Ms Mills was very helpful in suggesting places to eat and shop. You dont find to many friendly staff now days.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Your comments are much appreciated...Ms.Mills is an asset to the team, thank you for letting us know. I will be sure to pass this information on to her. (We really look forward to seeing you very soon!)

Shirley Jordan G.M