“Pleasant Surprise” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Oak Park, Michigan
“Pleasant Surprise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

The location of the property is just ok. The outside of the property was just ok. But the lobby was a pleasant surprise. It had been newly renovated. The person at the counter, Ms. Mills, was very professional but yet friendly and personable. After we were assigned our rooms, five people arrived also wanting to check into their rooms. Ms. Mills promptly and in a very efficient manner completed the checking-in transactions. By the way, she was also tastefully dressed.

Our rooms were wonderful. They had been renovated also with beautiful dark-wood accents.

I will return soon for another joyful family event.

Room Tip: Eat before you come if you are looking for healthy choices in the area.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank She B
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Sometimes it's just the people that make the place. A lot of our returning visitors look forward to seeing her smiling face. Please visit us during the spring, I am certain you will be very pleased with our landscaping-). See you soon

Shirley Jordan General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

On Feb 16-20 I stayed at his Hotel and the entire stay was excellent. And the Customer Service was top-notch. The Professional Lady whom cleaned was my room- 336 did a great job. I would reccommend this Hotel Chain to anyone. Thanks for all and be sure to inform the Mangement there I was happily satisfied. The Professional Manager there is a Black Lady. Ensure to tell her- she has the Best Hotel in Washington DC. Have a good day

Anthony Mickens (Retired TSgt, United States Air Force) 20 years & 12 days

Room Tip: All rooms are great because mine was in room 336.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mickens2
Thank you for reminding me that I have the best hotel in the area. Having a great team makes it easy. Thank you so much for your comments. I will pass them on to my team.

Shirley Jordan General Manger
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

The hotel is neat and newly renovated - free parking and a great service and staff. Ms. Mills at the desk was awesome! Very courteous and helpful. Thank you for the great rooms :) will definitely stay here again

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Hazedspin
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. We are very proud of our renovated property and Miss Mills is an asset to the team. I will be sure to pass this along to her.

Again, Thank you
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I love your weekend night front desk associates Keyshawn what a beautiful pleasant friendly person she is made me feel right at home and also miss mills these two women really showed me amazing hospitality this company should be very proud of these two remarkable young women

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Cammy1216
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Kyshawn will be very pleased to read your comments. She is good at what she does and I am fortunate to have her on the team.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was very nice. We felt welcome during the entire stay. Ms. Mills was especially helpful and made us feel at home. We would recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Your comments are appreciated. We are very proud of our renovated rooms. My team loves it when our guests notice. Thanks for your comments and we know we will see you the next time you are in the area.

Dania Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

I visit Washington DC & Maryland three to four times a year. When I do, I always stay here. The front desk staff are great! Ms Mills and Ms Jinny were very nice to me on my Dec.visit.This inn is clean, new rooms and good space. What's really cool about staying is how close you are to everything! Washington DC & Maryland are minutes away! And you can't beat the great price!

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Miss Mills and Ginny are real team members. They go above and beyond to make certain all of our guests have an awesome stay. Thanks for letting me know, I will pass your comments along to them.

Raleigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I was very impressed with this motel. For half the cost of other places in the area, you get a comfortable, quiet room with decent amenities and best of all free wifi! As a single young female travelling alone, I felt quite safe, especially as I noticed a security officer patrolling the premises at night. Extremely convenient to National Harbor where I was attending an event. The front desk staff were some of the friendliest I've seen. Very highly recommended; I'll be staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Heidi S
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to take the survey. This means a lot to me and my team. We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Glad we were able to exceed your expectations.