“Amazing Customer Service!”

Ranked #32 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing Customer Service!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The customer service here is outstanding! Ms. Mills goes above and beyond to make sure you're settled in and everything is sorted out. She is super helpful and very professional and nice. The rooms are very spacious for the rate, and always have been clean each time I stay here. The beds are super comfortable, and it's nice to have a microwave + fridge in the room, as there is a Wal-Mart up the road where you can stock up on cheap snacks if you don't want to go out or order in for a meal. Will absolutely be back!

Room Tip: The rooms on the front side of the hotel have the best working internet!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Shirley J, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you for your comments. This lets us know, we are not meeting our goal, it gives us a clear idea of what areas need improvement. We are dedicated to being able to provide a clean, comfortable room to all of our customers. We know you will notice the difference on your next visit. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Shirley Jordan General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Overall, a good place to stay. The price is right. Only things negative were that there was a small pile of hair and dirt in the bathroom corner like someone had swept it together but never picked it up. It was pretty gross so I picked it up myself. Also, the room was always so hot when we got back in it. Always had to turn heat down and put cool air on!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Shirley Jordan General manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I had a great experience here. As soon as I came in, Ms. Mills who works at the front desk was extremely helpful and got me a room very quickly. The stay was wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone else coming here.

• Stayed April 2014
A clean room and awesome service is what we do, and Miss Mills does it very well. Thank you for taking notice.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Front desk checked us into an already occupied room (not excuseable with computers!), then put us in a room in need of cleaning (white socks turned brown quickly!). Yes, hard floors need to be mopped and even small carpeted areas need to be vacumned daily! Our Superior King was not an all new Next Gen room as advertised. Sure, the furniture, TV and sink was new but the bathrooms are old, exhaust fan loud, door squeaks, tub drains slow. Housekeeping and maintenance shabby. Little evidence of pride or attention to detail here. Will not be back!

Room Tip: request a room facing the back of the property, U.S. 1 road noise is bad
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank DisappointedWith169
Clearly we failed to meet your expectations-and you are right on point, renting an all ready occupied room is not acceptable. Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I am in the process of re-training my entire staff. This will prevent this type of problem from reoccurring in the future.It truly is our goal to provide exceptional service to all of our guests. We would appreciate another opportunity to "GET IT RIGHT".

Princeton, West Virginia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at this Red Roof Inn! When I arrived the representative that was working at the time was so friendly and helpful. Good customer service seems hard to come by these days and I was pleasantly surprised by the staff at this location. The property itself was clean and very well maintained. The room I booked looked like it was recently renovated and was really nice. I liked that is was very clean and cozy. Upon departing I needed directions and some dining recommendations and the general manager just happened to be the one that helped me and I couldn't help but to bring to her attention how wonderful I thought her property and staff was. I would recommend this location to anyone who needed a nice clean affordable place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Shirley J, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Your review puts a smile on my face. My staff knows how much I appreciate them, but when it comes from a visitor, they are overjoyed-). We are proud of our renovated rooms (thanks for taking notice). It was our pleasure to WOW you and we look forward to seeing you again, very soon.

Shirley Jordan General Manager/and her awesome team.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This was the first time we stayed at a Red Roof Hotel and it was a most pleasant surprise.
When I checked in I was greeted by Sarah the receptionist and she said your room is ready and it was already heated when we walked into the room. There was snow outside and it was cold but the room was nice and warm.
We stayed here because we have a new Labradoodle puppy and Red Roof is not only pet friendly but they do not charge extra fees. They had a nice area to walk the puppy.
We plan on staying at Red Roof in our future travels. Friendly, professional service and clean rooms. Great safe location. We highly recommend Red Roof Alexandria. -Wes

Room Tip: We had a room on the back side. Quiet and close to dog walking area with pick-up bags. Very clean ar...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you for the awesome review, Sarah read it and was very happy to know that she meet your expectations. Being pet friendly really does give us a heads up on some of our competitors- We look forward to seeing you very soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 March 2014

After an 800+ mile drive, it was a great relief to know that customer service rep. Ms Mills had taken care of our requests and had us all ready to go with our accommodations as soon as we pulled up to the hotel. Her smile and wonderful personal skills were just what the doctor ordered for two weary travelers. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank johnmwalk
Ms.Mills is very good at what she does. Making our visitors happy, really does energize her.We know that traveling can be exhausting. My team works very hard at making that first impression a very positive one. It sounds like you will be visiting us again!