Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
Ranked #32 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
College Station, Texas
“OK stay”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

First time here; we stayed for 3 days. It was ok, but I was happy when it was time to leave. Floors were dirty with hair all over and bathroom looked like it had not been cleaned. Everything else looked ok but the state of the bathroom makes you wonder what else wasn’t cleaned. Rooms have been remodeled. Beds are comfortable and we had good, quiet sleep all 3 days despite the AC. AC worked very well but was positioned in such a way that the air blows on the face of the people sleeping in the bed farthest back. I was freezing and could only sleep by putting my head under covers which I don’t like to do. Pretty location set in the trees with grocery and restaurants within a few minutes driving. Good location for in and out of DC. There are restaurants and groceries nearby but you will need to drive there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Teresa G
Shirley J, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Our goal is to exceed your expectations! we failed and for that I apologize. Your comments truly help us to focus on the areas that need improvement. Thank you for providing us with that information. We really do hope that you will give us another opportunity to GET IT RIGHT.

Shirley Jordan General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and i stayed there the first of the month and it was excellent. Workers gave great service,rooms were clean and no smoke. Got what I asked for. We stayed from monday thru saturday. Great location everything u could want is right there in the area. No trying to find where to eat, u have walmart,target and every drug store chain u could think of is right there.

Room Tip: I prefer 2nd floor not a lot of noise at the time.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We know your time is valuable, and we really appreciate you spending some of it sharing your experience with us. My team works very hard at providing the best service possible. I will share your comments with them. We look forward to seeing you very soon

Vansant, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Miss Mill's that checked us in was exceptional. Housekeeping was awful. We left notes for them to leave extra towels and washcloths sever all days to only have to go to the front desk every evening. We left one for and extra pillow, nothing. Went to front desk to find out they don't have extra ones. Things we left on the night stand could not be found in the afternoon. We ask housekeeping to change a light bulb, it never was changed. They never left us a ice bucket liner. Overall housekeeping was TERRIBLE.

• Stayed July 2014
Your comments have alerted us to an opportunity for great improvement. We are in the process of retraining our Clean Team. Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again.

Shirley Jordan General Mnager
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights over the Fourth of July weekend. The Washington D.C. area was packed. This hotel was up to the task. The check-in process was thorough yet quick. The rooms are remodeled. The room cleaners do a great job. To top it all off, Ginny is on top of everything if any issues arise. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Glad to hear we were able to accommodate you on short notice. Ginny is an asset to the team and is always willing to go the extra mile-thanks for noticing.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We moved to the Red Roof after a few nights in downtown DC and we were so happy we did! Great service from Debie and others, close to Metro stop with parking. The price was much more amenable than the prices downtown and the commute was easy!

• Stayed July 2014
Debie was very happy to read your comments. It's always good to hear that my team is doing a great job. Thank you very much and we hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family and I stayed here this past weekend and we had a decent time. The room was decorated nicely, but we soon found a lot of quirks, especially in the bathroom.

However, the one positive thing is Miss Mills who got us through our check in process in a heartbeat. She also gave us extra towels and shampoos. AND THEN she gave us great advice on 4th of July and the best ways to get into the city. GO TO MISS MILLS if you're there. She's funny and gives a great impression of DC hospitality.

Room Tip: Wifi is rocky and intermittent.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Miss Mills was able to turn a not so memorable experience into one that left a positive impression. Thank you for your comments and believe me when I say, she has already read them-). She is very good at what she does and is an awesome team member.

burke, va
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We moved back to the DC area a few days ago. The house we rented was supposed to be unlocked but upon arrival, found it was locked up tight. It was close to 11 pm and after driving 12+ hours with two cats, we wanted to sleep. I tried to find a hotel that would accept pets near the house. Thought I'd found one, but when I went to check in, the NO PET sign was up. I asked it he knew of any that did and said he did not. We were leaving the parking lot and the security guard stopped us and said that the Red Roof Inn down the way did. I was so happy.

I went to the lobby and was greeting by Anthony. He was so pleasant and told me about the rooms. It was just as he said. Wood floors and temperpedic bed. We settled right in and had a glorious sleep. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel or Anthony.

I did just see that someone else posted that the rooms are small. Yes, they are but you are just sleeping there. I love the wood laminate floors. No icky carpet. They give a military discount too!

1 Thank artgirl45
Being Pet friendly sets us apart from most chain hotels. Sorry to hear you were not able to settle into your home, but glad to hear we were able to relieve a little stress. Anthony loves what he does and it show. Thank you for you comments, we hope to see you again.