“Comfortable, convenient to airport and metro, quiet. Would stay again!”

Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria
Ranked #18 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Comfortable, convenient to airport and metro, quiet. Would stay again!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Overall we had a really good experience. Housekeeping responded very quickly to our requests for extra towels and blankets. Club lounge was part of our reservation - excellent staff, good food, great service. We were amazed at how quiet the hotel was even with the airport 3 miles away. A grocery store is about a block over from the hotel which is a great option for food and snacks. Laundry is FREE which was a very nice surprise. The shuttle leaves every half hour which worked great for us getting to / from the airport metro as we spent a lot of time in DC. The beds were very comfortable. You have the option to get a food coupon instead of housekeeping for each day not used. We didn't take advantage of that but it was a nice option. We also requested down-free bedding in advance and they honored that request. One time after a long day in DC we waited for the shuttle at the airport and the shuttle was full. I called the hotel and they confirmed they had already sent an extra shuttle out right away and we only had to wait about 5-10 minutes instead of 30.

Wifi isn't free but cell service is fine so not a big deal. There are new computers and a printer in the lobby that are available for use. The only quirky thing is the key to the room but once you get the hang of it, it's not a big deal. Great stay, would stay again!

Room Tip: We had a room with a view of the Potomac which was really nice.
Green Features: You have the option to get a food coupon instead of housekeeping for the day. We didn't take advantage of that as we had 2 adults and 2 teens sharing a king suite but it was a good option.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa S
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and the many services we have to offer including the convenient shuttle service. The nearby grocery store is very convenient and in just a few weeks we have a Harris Teeter opening across the street from us that will offer even more conveniences. I trust that we will see you again when your travels bring you back to Old Town Alexandria.
Alfred Matter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
Miami
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I enjoy this hotel overall but what's especially nice is when Ekram is working the front desk. She always had a smile for me at checkin and goes above and beyond to make me happy and my stay as pleasent as possible. As a platinum member with SPG I can tell you that people like Ekram are hard to come by but when a hotel finds one they should do everything in there power to keep them and let their other employees know that that's the person to emulate

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Praietor
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review. I was glad to learn that you are a fan of our hotel and that you recognize Ekram's excellent service. We are looking forward to your next visit and I will make sure to share your kind words with Ekram.
Highland Village, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Great staff that really makes you feel welcome and appreciated. Good food and craft beers at Fin and Hoof. Good running path nearby as well. Lots to do and explore around the hotel. Neighborhood fee. Easy cab / drive into DC for business / site seeing.

Stayed July 2014
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hello John,
thank for taking the time to give us feedback on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to learn that you rated us five stars and that you enjoyed our great staff as well as our location that gives you easy access to Old Town Alexandria or Washington DC with an easy cab ride or using our complimentary shuttle to the METRO.
We are looking forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Old Town Alexandria.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

You want a great place to stay close to some fun? Try this Sheraton out! Check in is a breeze, but there are a couple of issues. Breakfast in the lounge is so-so, not much there that's hot! Also, don't you dare take a bottle of water in the bar after a run or you'll get chewed out by some guy that thinks he's the bottled water police! Geez! Really? Look...I've stayed here many times and what always takes me back is the ability to run on the river....all the way to some Yacht Club! Now I'm not really into sail boats, would probably capsize it if I was in charge, but they are great to look at. I'll stick to ski boats! The run along the water is fantastic. Then after a quick wash off....you're ready to hit the town. It's walking distance, just far enough to walk the burn off, about 5-7 min! Irish pubs, great restaurants, shopping, you name it, they have it all! Close to the airport when you've wore yourself out and a quick ride home!

Room Tip: They asked if this was a romantic hotel. My response is any hotel is a romantic hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Good morning,
thank you for giving us feedback from your recent stay. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed our location and the proximity to the Potomac River and the many great bars and restaurants within walking distance that Old Town has to offer.
I trust you will visit us again when your travels bring you back to Northern Virginia.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

All of our wedding guests had a fantastic time at the hotel. The rooms were all clean and the staff responded quickly to requests for additional changes to room arrangements. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Good morning,
thank you for rating us on TripAdvisor, I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding reception was a huge success.
Please visit us again in the near future, you don't need a wedding to come and enjoy the many amenities we have to offer.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here for about a week for work, and now will consider this my first choice in Alexandria. The rooms were nice, the service was good, and the location is just what I wanted...not so close to everything that you have noise issues, but not too far away either.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Good afternoon,
thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to we have earned to be your "Home away from Home" in Old Town Alexandria.
It is always nice to hear from a fan and I will be delighted to make your future stays more enjoyable if there is anything I can do. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
amatter@sheratonalexandria.com
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here overnight for business. Check in was quick and easy and the staff was friendly. My room only had a view of the building next door, but it was well appointed. There's a great bar about a block away that was showing the world cup match. The shuttle drivers were very friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Good morning,
thank you for completing a survey on TripAdvisor, I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay including our location that allows our guests to walk to many great restaurants and bars.
I hop you will stay with us again in the near future when your travels bring you back to Old Town Alexandria.