Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$175
US$167
Hampton.com
US$298
US$276
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$113
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$185
US$255
US$231
  • Restaurant
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$127
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfrench doorsthe club loungeharris teeterking streetold townroyal restauranttrader joesacross the streetnice suitebraddock roadfront desk staffliving roomairport shuttlesuite hotelwet barpool and hot tubstreet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at the Sheraton. Many of the staff are new and are very friendly, accommodating and professional. We stayed on the club floor and it included morning breakfast and afternoon appetizers. Wifi was available in the room on the club floor. The staff servicing the club room were very pleasant and courteous. I am glad to see the staff are more positive and helpful from our previous stay last year. We had a very negative experience last year. It is the people skills and positive attitudes that make the difference from a good to bad stay. The hotel offers a shuttle every 30 minutes to Regan National where we catch the metro to the national mall and smithsonian museums. There are numerous restaurants with a 1-3 block walk and a trader joes 2 blocks away. A new grocery market is being built across the street. A giant food Mart is one block away. The hotel offers a shuttle to King street starting at 6.30pm - 9.00. We will stay here again as long as the customer service is maintain at a positive and courteous level.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank haileythegolden
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Ive stayed at this hotel many time for business and pleasure and I've always had great accommodations and service. On my last stay (which was for 5 days on vacation) the staff went above-and-beyond to make our experience exceptional. As a SPG Plat/Ambassador level guest, I stay at a lot of hotels and this one is one of my favorites. Here's a few tidbits...

- Location is awesome. The hotel is in a nice, cozy neighborhood about a half mile from the heart of Old Town. It's a great historical walk down there. If you want to go into DC, either take the shuttle to the station (every 30 min) or walk about 3/4 of a mile to the Braddock station. It's a quick trip into DC. You can see DC sights by day and then chill in Old Town at night.

- Service is exceptionally good... especially this last stay (thanks to Jocelyn). They went above-and-beyond the call of duty making sure that we were all comfortable. This is a key reason why I keep coming back here.

- The Club Lounge, though a tad small, has above average fare. The evening is especially good with a few hot dishes, chips/salsa, and other snacks. Breakfast is also good but I would not mind seeing hot oatmeal up there. Overall, it's all very good.

- The rooms are smaller, comfortable suites. If you have kids, it gives you just enough separation. There are two TVs, a fridge/cooler, and very comfy beds.

- The hotel layout is cool as well. There's nooks to sit outside, the 2nd floor pool deck is a good place to relax, and it's a real quick walk to the rive park/trail system.

I really like this hotel for business or pleasure. It's my go to hotel for DC.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have the same layout. We had no noise issues at all.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jayson B
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Good morning Jayson,
Thank you for being a loyal customer and completing survey on TripAdvisor. It is always nice to hear from a fan of our hotel. I was particularly pleased that you noticed Jocelyn's excellent service
she takes great pride in what she is doing and I will make sure to pass on your kind comments.
I believe we will see you again in the near future when your travels bring you back to Old Town Alexandria.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Had a good time here. Even though the front desk help needs some serious improvement. The staff in the club lounge was out of this world, expecially Jocelyn. So full of energy and personable. She was uplifting when we came in tired from a long day. Pool was a little disappointing only 3 ft all the way around. Kind of hard for a 6ft+ tall adult to enjoy. Shuttle service to metro was a huge convenience. All and all not bad could use a little tweaking.

• Stayed: August 2014

Hello Dave,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor survey. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed our Club and the excellent service Jocelyn provides. I will make sure to pass on your kind comments.
I trust we will see you again when your travels bring you back to Northern Virginia.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

A nice combination of being in a charming neighborhood, while still only being 10 minutes away from DCA airport. The airport shuttle that runs very 30 minutes was handy and where it stops is the metro train line. Step out of the hotel and everything from restaurants to services are steps away.
This all suite hotel has very comfortable rooms and beds. The bathrooms are average, but well stocked with amenities. There is a very nice bar downstairs and sitting areas fro privacy around the property . The Club food was better than average and the staff during the evening shift fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kahoru w

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our great location to stroll into Old Town Alexandria or to hop on our complimentary shuttle to explore Washington DC.
I hope we will see you again in the near future when your travels bring you back to Northern Virginia.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Located a short distance from the DC tourist sites, we found the Sheraton Alexandria to be a good choice for the Washington portion of our vacation. At non rush hour, the drive to the National Mall and Museums was < 15 minutes. Even without a car, it's convenient enough to take the free shuttle to/from Reagan National Airport and use the Metro from there. The hotel was clean, rooms not overly large for suites but perfect for our family of four with a separate king bedroom and pull-out for the kids. Breakfast and service in the restaurant were very good. Overall staff very friendly. I felt that wandering too far afield between central Alexandria and the hotel might land you in some sketchy neighborhoods, but we didn't have any issues at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith M

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and our great location to access Washington DC using our complimentary shuttle or strolling into Old Town Alexandria.
I trust you will visit us again when your travels bring you back to Northern Virginia.
Regrads,