“Best Sushi in Old Town”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is our favorite spot for sushi in Old Town. The restaurant is very small. I would recommend calling ahead to get take-out and enjoying it back at your house/hotel, particularly if you don't want to wait.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

During DC cherry blossom, it is good idea to eat Japanese food. We purely pick up this place based on tripadvisor review. We arrive a little bit late, around 8:30pm.
It is small and packed. When we arrived and waitress told us we need wait for 30 mins and a couple of guys ahead of us. We felt starved and we decided to takeout. My daughter is sushi lover. She ordered some sushi. I am not very fan to sushi outside of Japan. So I ordered some hot food and noodles. During waiting, It only took about 5 mins to get seated. This is not kidding. Because we lost spot and is not polite to change mind and so we kept our plan to takeout. That's a big mistake. First, we don't know how far it is from MoMo to our hotel. We total follow GPS to get this place. Second, if we missed something, it was impossible to come back. After about 20 mins waiting, eventually we got our food and we were hurry to get to our hotel. They didn't ask phone number and anything at all.
During driving, I encouraged my daughter to eat sushi and it would not that bad if she did. But she insisted to have dinner together after arriving hotel. When we arrived hotel, OMG, we missed sushi. You can image how angry we were. After long day, we don't have enough food. That's really really bad experience with MoMo. I regret not insisting eating at restaurant.
They refunded us the money but that doesn't make me feel any good even today.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I like the restaurant, everything was super fresh and delicious. Service was nice and food very good. I recommend it.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Yes you will wait, or you can order take out. This small charming sushi house is top notch. You will NOT be disappointed. The only thing I might mention, is that if you are on a budget, ask for the price of the specials before you order. They were much more expensive than the other items. This being said, the specials were off the chart wonderful.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've been here several times with friends and always have high-quality, delicious sushi. I recommend it to anyone looking for sushi. Maybe not recommended if you have a large group as it is tiny. Upstairs is a little more spacious. Service is efficient and although it's not cheap, it's worth the price for the high quality meal.