“Excellent food, great beer selection”
Review of Rustico

Rustico
Reserve with OpenTable
Rustico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 769 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Potomac Greens
Transit: The nearest metro stop is on the blue/yellow lines at Braddock Road.
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I had another great repeat experience at Rustico earlier this week. You gotta love a place where most of the 30 beers on tap are unfamiliar. Bartender Will made some great suggestions for me and my wife based on our preferences, and offered up some samples before we decided on our pints.

We had lunch at the bar; I did the white pizza and she opted for a burger. Both were excellent; the burger was cooked to perfection, moist and juicy on a roll that did not collapse under the weight. The pizza really hit the spot, with a crisp, thin (but not too thin) crust and plenty of gooey cheese.

The service was excellent from start to finish, friendly and attentive without hovering. The prices were also quite reasonable. We'll be making excuses to take the trek from Annapolis to Alexandria, I saw lots of other tempting menu items, and there are so many more beers for me to sample.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This place has quite a selection of great beers! Mainly bottles, but that is better for us craft beer lovers. THey do have a decent selection on tap as well. My all time favorite pizza is the goat cheese, spinach and mushroom pizza. To die for! The panzanella salad and bibb lettuce salads are fantastic too.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

No matter what time of day you visit Rustico, it is great: lunch, mid-afternoon or evening the food is well-prepared, a little innovative and the service always polite and accommodating. Rustico is a great stand-by for us when we'd searching for reliable, comforting food and service.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We are on visiting from California and love coming for pizza. The problem might be it was Sunday night during football our food server kept hanging out at the bar
Never coming back even after waving him down Twice.Food is good service bad on Sunday night.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Ate lunch here recently, hoping to get a patio table, was surprised how busy on a week day. We opted for inside so we didn't have to wait. Our service was good, food and beer came quickly and the server was attentive throughout. We 3 each had a sandwich, the chicken panini was excellent and large enough to take half home for dinner. The salmon blt also was good, and generously sized. The eggplant Parmesan sandwich was a little soggy, but what did I expect? An odd choice for a sandwich and I was curious.
The downside is the noise, and it is quite dark, even on a bright sunny day.