“Nice stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Prospect Hill, North Carolina
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Staff was very nice and helpful. Hotel is an older one and somewhat dogeared in places, but it was clean. Room was comfy and pool area was nice. Breakfast was good and restocked. It could use some renovation, but that did not take away from my stay at all. Overall, I would return.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ohplease40

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The burial of a good friend was the occasion that brought several of us together in Altavista. The inn is close enough to the freeway (between Lynchburg and Danville) to find easily and far enough away so you don't hear the noise. We found the desk staff of this inn very, very helpful and accommodating to our particular needs - holding a room for us when one of our number was late in arriving (the motel was full for the weekend), allowing us to check out two hours late, helping us locate the church and cemetery, even providing us with tape, paper and marker so we could leave a notice on the church door directing people from out of town to the cemetery. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed with all the usual amenities. The hot breakfast got us off to a good start the day of the service. While the inn is older and could use some refreshing, it was very clean and comfortable. I can't imagine I will ever be in Altavista again, but if I am I will plan to stay at the Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor. There is no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vancouverval
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights on a recent trip out east. The Inn needs some TLC, a deep cleaning and some maintenance issued dealt with. Internet access is extremely slow, so much so that I could not do any work on line at night. Early in the AM access was ok. Saturday morning breakfast was not as good as Friday mornings. With limited amenities, we felt the price was a bit much for what you receive.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Don N
north carolina
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We had three days planned at Family Weekend at Liberty University in Lynchburg but ended up booking a hotel 20 minutes away in Altavista. Since the weekend was planned full of activities in Lynchburg, we only needed a hotel to spend our two nights in comfortably. Here is our experience during the weekend of October 19 - 21, 2012. There were four of us; my wife, my 21 year old son, my mother and myself. We arrived around 8pm Friday evening and the hotel was easy to find right off Highway 29. The only real disappointment with our stay was the fact that this two story hotel does not have an elevator, so all luggage went to the second floor by hand, including that of my 70 year old mom. Our room was clean with sufficient room for the four of us, including an area with a comfortable love seat and coffee table, which I enjoyed. The hotel had wireless internet that was adequate to do what we needed each night. There was a dorm size refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave that we used. One of the benefits of this hotel was a hot breakfast that included a waffle maker, eggs, sausage and many of the continental breakfast type items like cereal, fruit, milk, juice, etc. This wasn't a great hotel or new hotel, but it was a good place to spend a couple nights for my family!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank unceddie
Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night, while traveling. Front desk attendants were polite and efficient. Room was large, clean and comfortable. When I first arrived, it smelled kind of musty, but the A/C was off. After it ran for a short period, the smell dissipated. The hotel has obviously got some age on it, but has been well-maintained. Some of their linens should be replaced (dingey/worn), and the in-room coffee was lousy, but that's usually the case everywhere). Great hot breakfast. Yes, I'd stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Butterbeet
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel when visiting my mother-in-law. It is right off of Hwy. 29. Our room was on the first floor, and was clean. There were plenty of clean towels in the bathroom. The hotel was full, and very quiet. Breakfast was awesome as they had make your own waffles, eggs, bacon, bagels, bread, cereal, juice, and milk ( I was expecting packaged "breakfast" danish and juice and coffee ). They had donuts and coffee as well.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Renate C
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 May 2012

this hotel was half the price of the rooms in lynchburg but equally as nice. also, very pet friendly. the manager gave me a room at the end of the hall, right near the dog walking area. the central buisiness area was very nice. will be sure to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank rebeccas658
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altavista
Days Inn Alta Vista
#20 of 23 in Lynchburg
Best Western of Lynchburg
Best Western of Lynchburg
#16 of 23 in Lynchburg

Been to Quality Suites Altavista - Lynchburg South? Share your experiences!