“Smiling Faces”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Altavista
Altavista
“Smiling Faces”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I entitled it this way because the experience reminded me of the song. I arrived late at night with my confirmation for a handicapped room. I was given a room on the second floor because all they had was smoking on the first floor. I asked at the front desk the next morning and my reservation did not indicate handicap. They commited to move me though. I called customer service to express my feelings and they said that my reservation didn't indicate handicap. Luckily I had kept my original email that indicated handicap. I forwarded it to customer service. When I got to the hotel that evening the desk person said that he felt that I didn't want the room so he changed it!! The hotel is good enough, but keep your confirmation because it could change on you!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

raj s, General Manager at Days Inn Alta Vista, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Let us apologize for the misunderstanding on our part for the confusion concerning your room type request. We have found that many online reservations are placed incorrectly by small oversights, and we sometimes overlook details as well, however; we do our best to accomodate our guest's wishes upon their arrival. We hope that you enjoyed your stay overall and we look forward to serving you in the future if you are in our area. Again thanks for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel is close to the highway, had free wifi and free breakfast. It was a good value for a business traveler, but not the best choice for little kids. I agree with the other reviews, you cannot complain when the breakfast is free and it is a good place to stay when passing thru.

Pros: Rooms were clean
free breakfast
location
free wifi
friendly staff

Cons: this hotel is being converted from smoking to non-smoking. the smoking rooms smell, but the hotel staff was happy to let us switch rooms
pillows were old and lumpy
rooms were damp
rooms are loud, no sound proofing
limited tv stations for little kids (to keep them from disturbing neighbors)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor if you can handle the stairs (less damp). Make sure you get a room...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. The issues that you brought to our attention are in the process of replacement and deep cleaning. We are pleased that you were satisfied with your stay. We strive to ensure that our guests have a pleasurable stay while away from home. We welcome you and your family to return in the future and thanks again for the review.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

If you find yourself in Altavista and you need a place to stay, then Days Inn is pretty good. It is quiet, except for that occasional freight train, and clean. I enjoyed my one night here and recommend it. The bed was comfy, the shower was good, and the room overall was nice.

Breakfast is your typical hot waffle iron, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and machine dispensed OJ. So I can't really complain but will also not say it is great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
raj s, General Manager at Days Inn Alta Vista, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are pleased that you slept good while staying with us. Our staff depends on reviews such as yours to inform us of the areas that need attention or improvement. We hope that you will return if you are in our area. Have a great day and thanks again for the honest review.
surfcity
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We checked in late after driving 9 hours in traffiv and were greeted with friendlybstaff. Out room was clean and brrajfastvwas very good. The hotel and staff made our visit pleasent...
pros....atmosphere, location, room cleanliness, staff

• Stayed April 2014
raj s, General Manager at Days Inn Alta Vista, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Its always nice to see a positive review. This lets us know that we are on the right track. Its always nice when you are away from home and can have a pleasant nights sleep. Please be sure to consider staying with us again if you are in our area. Thanks again.
fletcher
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Well the hotel was okay. I can't really say much more. No elevators, breakfast was mediocre, Sunny D for juice cause they ran out of the reconstituted orange juice and then they ran out of Sunny D. I love my OJ in the AM. Points off there, Bed was hard and not very comfy. If you stay at a hotel the whole reason is to get some rest, so points off there. One phone didn't work...no biggie cept why have a phone that doesn't work. Good internet so points plus there. The folks that wrote comfortable bed must have had a different room than mine. This hotel would be okay for a passing thru night on your way to wherever. If you get a good rate then I guess it would be satisfactory. There is a comfort suites across street but I didn't stay there, the redeeming point of this property is that it used to be a Holiday Inn Express, so some of the good points of this place where carried over from the previous chain. The owners who also work the front desk were very nice, but it's obvious they are budget conscience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank steve p
Thank you for leaving us a review. We do extend our apologies for the less than satisfactory stay. We are in the process of replacing mattresses at this time. However, this is a lengthy process. Our breakfast is usually most satisfying so we do apologize for you not being satisfied. Please know that we take your feedback seriously into consideration which helps us to improve our standards for our guests. We hope that you will consider staying with us again if you are in our area and thanks again for the time it took to leave feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altavista
Quality Suites Altavista - Lynchburg South
Comfort Inn & Suites Lynchburg
Hampton Inn Gretna / Altavista / Chatham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lynchburg at Liberty Univ.
Hampton Inn & Suites Lynchburg
Kirkley Hotel
Kirkley Hotel
#9 of 23 in Lynchburg

Been to Days Inn Alta Vista? Share your experiences!