“Unexpectedly delightful”
Review of Unicorn Winery

Unicorn Winery
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We arrived at our inn during the week and discovered almost all of the wineries were closed. Our innkeeper found the Unicorn Winery and we were uexpectedly delighted. The owners are retired military and gracious and friendly. She did a wonderful job of introducing the wines and taking the time to answer all of my husbands questions on cultivating grapes. We were surprised to try the frappevino. We both loved the frozen wine drink,which goes with either white or red wine, buying a box to serve with red wine for friends at home. The setting at the winery is peaceful and idyllic with a small pond with water fountain and seating nearby.We enjoyed the Table Rock White and the Chambourcin, since we tend to like the sweet wines.

1  Thank Carl-Lisa F

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Not being a big wine drinker, I should not judge wines, but I can say there was nothing here which I would rave about. The store itself is very small and the employees are not terribly inviting, but if you are out in the area I would suggest you stop in for yourself and see if you like what you find.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

The owner was so nice and told us all about each wine as we tasted. Then she went out of her way to help us pick a place for dinner. The vinyard was cute, as was the store. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

The wine didn't knock my socks off but there were some interesting offerings- Traminette with hints of basil and the Slightly Embarrassed (a rose' with a blushing unicorn- would probably make a wonderful apology gift). They also pushed a slushy mix (mix in your wine of choice and freeze). The tasting room opens onto the gift shop, which felt a little like a lobby, but the grounds outside were pleasant and included several seating areas and a pond with turtles and a fountain. Pack a picnic lunch and order a glass of the slushy to make your trip complete. Tastings were $5 and the smallish glasses are available for an additional $3 or 2 for $5 (they have unicorns on them!). The only food offerings we were aware of were the house-made cheese ball nibblers- with garlic, onion, and pecan, they were definitely an unexpected pairing for the sweetish Chambourcin grapes in their Crimson Sunset.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Richard and Sandy LePage were awesome hosts for our 1 day trip to the winery. They are long time friends and we new it was going to be great. My favorites are the blush and they have this unique red that is served cold that I just loved. They have a slush mix for wine that they sell...it's the bomb! I think they do a great job on the red wine. Make sure to go just up the road to see the covered bridge and then don't miss the canyons.