“A family favorite for at 15+ years”
Review of Silverado

Silverado
Ranked #1 of 121 Restaurants in Annandale
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Delicatessen, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Silverado has been my family's favorite restaurant for many years. When everyone is in town and we want to get together (maybe once a year tops), we always go to Silverado. Like all of the restaurants in the Great American line, the food is fantastic, the atmosphere welcoming, and the service impeccable (you are served by a team).

It sounds silly, but as a person who is nearly 40, I always order the chicken tenders, and sub the fries for their smashed garlic mashed potatoes. The tenders are indescribably good, and definitely not a child's dish. They come with a delicious vinegary and herby honey mustard sauce that I swear I would drink if nobody was looking. My father always gets the ribs and they are fantastic. My mother always gets a small steak which she oohs and aahs over the entire meal.

Oh, and order a cherry coke. They bring you a cola, having added cherry syrup and a maraschino cherry. You'll never be able to appreciate the bottled version again.

One person at our table has a stomach condition and cannot eat small seeds. She mentioned this when ordering her salad, and the manager promptly came over to talk with her about exactly what her needs and concerns were, and didn't make her feel like she was being any trouble (which is usually what happens at other restaurants). It was very considerate, and made her feel comfortable and confident that they understood her needs.

We normally go to Silverado for a birthday in the family and this year was no different. My family did manage to tell the staff that it was my birthday, and they brought out a delicious hot double layer chocolate waffle with hot fudge and ice cream. I have included a picture, because they also added a candle, a chocolate star (logo of the restaurant), and scrolled the words "Happy Birthday" beautifully on the plate in chocolate and cherry sauce. It was just a nice touch!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

A small American style but quality menu made in a showpiece kitchen. The daily fish special is a must and try the house labelled beers.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Part of the Great American Restaurants chains ... this one is the most laid-back one. The food is good, but I would prefer Sweetwater Tavern in nearby Merrifield/Falls Church..

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Silverado is one of our family favorites with consistantly great food, wonderful service, and an interesting, cozy atmosphere. When our kids come home from New York and Chicago, this is the place they love to break bread! It has a great neighborhood feel, and rare is the time when we don't see friends there. We highly recommend!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The salads are great as is the ribeye steak! The bar is a fun place to hang out and has a very "Cheers" atmosphere

1  Thank Judy P