“Great place for lite meal and drinks” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Bar, Pub, American, Latin, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for lite meal and drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

This was our first visit to Eat Bar and we will be back. Been to Tallula and Eat Bar captures what was really good when Tallula opened. Love the corn dog bites. The bacon popcorn balls were ok. Good happy hour on wine and beer. Nice place. Great service

Indianapolis, Indiana
“out of the box food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

good tasting food and drink with a wide selection. They have adventurous food if you are willing to try it. Happy hour drinks are priced well, but food in general is on the expensive side since portions are so small. Our server was very busy and left us hanging, but another staff memeber came along and was very nice.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
VA
“Excellent bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

We come here for drinks and bar food. Beer and wine selection are both good. Bartenders are ok but pretty uneven, they seem to have a lot of turnover. Food is always good to great. Never slammed but always busy.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
DC
“Eat at the Eat Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

I went to Eat Bar with a buddy after catching a concert in DC. We got there a little before the kitchen was to close, but unlike some other places I've been to, there was no attitude or issue with ordering so late. We kicked it off with some great fries that came with a dipping sauce that tasted like sour cream and onion potato chips (in a yummy way). We ordered the mushroom risotto balls, which were very good, but I wouldn't spend the time at Eat Bar ordering them again. Nothing wrong with them, mind you, just other items on the menu were more memorable. My buddy got the catfish sub, which he said was outstanding, and I got the lamb burger, which was killer. The lamb was perfectly seasoned and cooked, with a tasty tzatziki sauce along with an unusual feta/curry combo that I was dubious about but won me over. House made drinks were excellent, including an infused bourbon of the day (this one was infused with apple and cardamom - just a hint). The charcuterie/cheese plate was "make your own", with four choices (price per choice) of meat, four for cheese, and I think four for "garnishes." The pork terrine was excellent, and the housemade strawberry jam garnish had nice depth and complemented the meat and cheese perfectly. I was seriously tempted to just spoon the jam right out of the ramekin, but I controlled myself.

We ate at the bar, and the bartender (Steve) provided great service and stimulating conversation. There was generally a good buzz inside, and even though by the time we left there were only around 12 people still there, the energy level was still high. We definitely had a great night hanging out at Eat Bar, and I'll definitely be coming back to try more of the menu.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Travellin_Sean
Alexandria, VA
“Delicious food and great wine deals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Must haves: Skillet Corn Bread, Risotto Fritters, Lamb Burger and Eat Burger. All very delicious. This is a really cool spot, and a very interesting atmosphere. There is a bar area, as well as a lounge area in the back. They also have pretty good wine specials, so make sure you go in during happy hour to take advantage :)

• Visited April 2011