“Excellent hotel”

Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed for one night in August.
Room was very large and included a decent sized flatpanel TV, kitehenette with a dishwasher ,hotplate, microwave and full sized fridge (some plates and utensils as well).
bed was comfortable, room was clean, AC worked well.
Some of the staff seemed indifferent about your requests while others bent over backwards to help make you happy.
We didnt know we had to turn on the ice maker in the fridge to get ice (no ice machines in building)...I called the front desk and the one woman told me I had to wait for ice or come tot he desk and she would get some from the kitchen for me, When I got to the desk with bowl in hand another woman told me to return to my room and she would send someone up with the ice. She seemed like she would carry me and the ice back to my room if I had asked! I didnt get her name but she really wants to see the customer looked after.
An online booking service had booked my reservation twice so I had 2 rooms reserved and paid for. David at the front desk informed me of this and said he would get me the number to call to cancel one of the reservations. Moments later I got a call from the woman at the front desk telling me not to worry she had called and gotten the second reservation cancelled for me.

Good hotel, GREAT customer service (if you deal with the right people).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cdnmr

Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed at this location for five days during our vacation trip to Washington DC. A very nice clean property with excellent service from all the employees. The hotel was about 2 or 3 blocks from the Metro Subway and within walking distance of the Iwa Jima Marine Corp Memorial. Very nice, safe area, with restaurants, grocery store, and pharmacy all very close by. We only used our car once the whole time we stayed here. Excellent free breakfast and dinner on most nights. The only bad thing that I could say about this property is that it did not offer a room with two beds that I could find. The kids had to use the sleeper sofa, which took a good share of the room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank thanse39
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I just came back from a two day stay in DC. Everything was ok, but the wireless internet sucked. I called to complain but all they could do was send a maintenance guy to my room who told me that was the best it could do. I could pick up other hotels in the area, but not the hotel I was staying at. How suckie is that!

Also, I complained multiple time about the printer in the breakfast room not having toner. I was there for two days and no attempt was made to replace the toner. I get the sense that they preach customer service....but they don't really practice it.

Another thing that bothers me a little is that they don't offer any courtesy van service. The walk from the local metro stop is all up a hill and pulling your luggage and the DC humidity is a hard combination to take. A courtesy van to come and get you would make this hotel so much of a better option.

I usually stay at the RI Arlington Courthouse, but this time it was booked up.

So the hundred dollar question, would I stay here again. For business...nope. I need my computer to have internet access and their horrible signal is enough to drive me away. For personal time, probably not. The climb up the hill is enough to wave me off and send me to another hotel that is a little more considerate of its customers to supply a courtesy van.

Room Tip: Ask for a very low room. They are a little closer to the internet signal.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Great hotel and only a few blocks from the Rosslyn Metro Station. Nice ample rooms, good complete breakfast, and nice neighborhood for restaurants and walking. Have stayed here many times and never disappointed! Can also walk to Georgetown within 10 mins and about 5 mins walk to Ivo Jima Memorial. Rosslyn Metro Station also serves the Blue, Yellow and Orange subway lines. Perfect!

Room Tip: Junior Suite is a real bargain on some days.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank DerekDonuts
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Excellent choice on a budget -- A 5-minute walk to Metro. (Total trip from the hotel to the Smithsonian - 25 minutes). The rooms had a lot of space and were well kept. Huge thumbs up to the free breakfast, actual scrambled eggs (not the microwaved circles), sausage, waffle iron, etc. Only ding was that the desk clerk was minimally helpful at registration.

Room Tip: Most rooms have one bed plus a pullout couch. If you need a rollaway, they only have a few.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Stayed here many times over the years but might take it off my list because they are scrimping on housekeeping. Safe battery was dead and there was a broken headlight inside the safe. It took 2 days for housekeeping to put on the comforter cover, wallpaper near the tub is peeling because no exhaust fan, rust and peeling caulking on the tub, noisey planes, the Safeway seems dangerous with beggars outside and you have to walk through a parking garage to get to the entrance, eating area has tiny tables and is not relaxing. Small and old beds, laundry rooms on 4 floors...banging doors and noise.

Good things: kitchinette with supplies, dishwasher, large refrig, huge TV with optional $10/day TV Internet keyboard,

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Of all the hotels I've stayed, this hotel has the best FREE hot breakfast buffet :-) During our stay here, there were different hot breakfast entrees and it was delicious!!! It was also very nice that we were able to get early check-in in the late morning upon the arrival. The 24/7 coffee in the lobby is very convenient and tastes great (so are the yummy cookies at the front desk). The full kitchen facility is so convenient that we were able to fix some simple meals with the stuff we got from Costco-Pentagon City on the way to the hotel from DCA airport. It saves lots of money from eating out. The parking is $14 per day (I heard it's reasonable in the area), and it's very secured (but the space is very tight, and we had some trouble "once in a while" to get the garage gate to open when we returned to the hotel). There are two PC & printers near the dining area and you can print your boarding pass, map/directions, etc. In the hotel room, there are both wired & wireless internet access through some ISP service (and you need to get the code from front desk to login). However, for some reason, my laptop was getting dropped from the service from time to time (despite many calls to the service company's technical support, or replacing the ethernet cable with another one, etc). It was an easy walk (a couple blocks, downhill) from hotel to the nearby Metro station; but it's quite a walk from Metro station to the hotel (i.e., uphill, especially when you were carrying some stuff, or tired after a day of events). Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel when you visit D.C. or nearby area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family