“After living there for a month...”

Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“After living there for a month...”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Besides the location which, COULD NOT BE BETTER ....All I have to say is that the place was super clean, and the staff was super nice, mostly the kitchen staff, I believe her name was Maria, she was so sweet and so pleasant that made us feel right at home (she even went to get us soy milk since we don't drink the other ones they had).... I would not hesitate to stay there again...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Valparaiso, Florida
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed here in October on Army Ten Miler weekend. I was thoroughly impressed with this hotel. The room (studio suite) was clean and spacious. The walk to the Metro is about five minutes (two blocks). This is the only Marriott property I've ever stayed at that gave a welcome gift for silver members. I didn't try the breakfast because I was at the race, but the breakfast room was warm and inviting.

The area is definitely a business area overall, but there are several restaurants on Wilson Ave as well as a Safeway and CVS. These could be useful for stocking the kitchen on a longer stay.

When I'm in the area I often need to be near the airport, but if I'm in town for longer than my one night airport stays this property will definitely be high on my list.

Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I had a brief stay at the hotel.. only 1 night so my experience is limited. The staff member checking me in was great. The room very spacious and had all the comforts you could wish for (it had a kitchenette) a great deal for $119 (OCT '13)

My only negative would be, I asked a staff member for directions and she was not able to tell me (it was for a place 10 min walk away, as turned out later). She did look on Google but could only come with a way where I would have to change busses twice)... I understand staff may not know all of Washington but at least the area around the hotel. As criticism goes that's a minor issue.

The good:
- metro is close
- room is spacious
- great to have a kitchenette

The not so good:
- ... nothing springs to mind.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the 2013 Marine Corps Marathon. I could not be more pleased with my decision. We got to the hotel early Saturday morning, and we were able to get in to our room right away. The front desk employee gave us a printed sheet advising us that breakfast would start early, at 5 AM, to help out runners and their families. We were also given easy directions to the start of the marathon and returning from the marathon. Getting to the start from this hotel was a simple walk. It was maybe a mile, but it didn't seem that long. There were lots of others walking to the start as well. The hotel is even closer to the finish, maybe a quarter a mile. The hotel was nothing to fancy, but very comfortable, and everyone was nice and more than helpful.

Besides being an ideal location for the marathon, it was a great location for sightseeing. Just a block or two from the Metro, everywhere is easy access. It's also just a short walk over the bridge to Georgetown.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have stayed at this property before, but this time around was an experience I would like to forget. The front desk person, Cecile, was rude and argued over parking. My confirmation said parking was $14 per night. She said it was $16. I have never had a customer service person argue over $2 before. Then the room was was smokey, even though it was a non-smoking hotel. The air conditioner was loud and the overall experience left me with a bad impression of the care the personnel at this hotel gives to it's customers. There is a Courtyard Marriott up the street thatI would recommend. Parking is less money and although there is no breakfast included, the hotel is clean and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank karinsk
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We chose this hotel because the price was right and the location close to Rosslyn metro and the easy key bridge walk into Georgetown (on dedicated pedestrian/bicycle lanes), but were pleasantly surprised by the nice little suite, very well equipped. But I especially want to say the breakfast room was well run. While the food was pretty much your standard breakfast room fare, there was better than average variety, but most notably we were welcomed as we came in by Maria, who also went around with a fresh coffee pot topping off coffee. Everything was kept well supplied, which as we all know, isn't always the case.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cwanderseattle
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for nearly 10 years. It is always a real pleasure to check-in. The front office staff is amazing. The great thing is that the staff has been the same for years, which is positive. The dining staff is also great: always ready to help: by bringing you more coffee, helping removing your plates. The housekeeping is great, thanks to Miss Fatiha Harir: The room are always clean, bathroom, shower, bed sheets and pillows always fresh. The entire staff is always ready to do the extra mile for you. Kudos to all of them.
In addition, this hotel is really centrally located: few minutes from the metro, not for from downtown DC, Arlington cemetery, just name it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business