“Under renovation”

Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 30 December 2013

If you don´t mind staying at a construction site with limited facilities and service, this is the place for you. I would have appreciated to have been informed about the renovation before I made and prepaid the stay.
The hotel is situated a 3 minutes walk from Rosslyn Metro Station and bus to Dulles Airport. A further 10 minutes will take you over the bridge to the restaurants and shops of Georgetown.
The rooms with full kitchen and work area are nice, but the rest of the hotel was a big mess. The very basic included breakfast is served in a small meeting room next to the reception. All served on paper and plastic ! The service in the reception was fine, when you could find somebody there. At check-in I had to wait for quite a while until somebody turned up a little surprised that there were guests wanting to check-in...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for about a month with my two cats. The location is amazing; it's walkable to Georgetown and has two metro lines to access DC and VA. I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and that they changed the food every morning. The evening receptions during the week were nice as well. I was a little disappointed with the kitchen stove since it didn't get hot enough for me to boil water. The cleaning staff was very nice and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My boyfriend and I have recently realized that we now prefer to stay at Marriott hotels over any other. This hotel just adds to that line of thinking. Located in a quiet, safe area. Staff was quite friendly, check-in a breeze. Underground parking at $14/day - quite cheap for the area. The room was impeccably clean and comfortable. Located within a short walk to the Rosslyn Metro station. Also a Ruby Tuesday & Starbucks very close by. Marriott bed = always comfy. Signs were posted that the hotel is being renovated, but you'd never know it - we experienced no noise issues. We got a great deal on the room also at $79/night (booked Aug '13 for stay Dec '13) - which is an absolute steal. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed for four nights to visit DC with the kids for the first time. This location was perfect. We parked the car at the hotel and took the subway into the city each day which was just a short walk from the hotel.
The room was comfortable and the breakfast buffet was a great way to start the day - one of the freshest and cleanest I've been to.
The front desk was very helpful and able to answer all of our questions. We would certain recommend and will stay here next time we visit DC.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Christopher C
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Besides the location which, COULD NOT BE BETTER ....All I have to say is that the place was super clean, and the staff was super nice, mostly the kitchen staff, I believe her name was Maria, she was so sweet and so pleasant that made us feel right at home (she even went to get us soy milk since we don't drink the other ones they had).... I would not hesitate to stay there again...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed here in October on Army Ten Miler weekend. I was thoroughly impressed with this hotel. The room (studio suite) was clean and spacious. The walk to the Metro is about five minutes (two blocks). This is the only Marriott property I've ever stayed at that gave a welcome gift for silver members. I didn't try the breakfast because I was at the race, but the breakfast room was warm and inviting.

The area is definitely a business area overall, but there are several restaurants on Wilson Ave as well as a Safeway and CVS. These could be useful for stocking the kitchen on a longer stay.

When I'm in the area I often need to be near the airport, but if I'm in town for longer than my one night airport stays this property will definitely be high on my list.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I had a brief stay at the hotel.. only 1 night so my experience is limited. The staff member checking me in was great. The room very spacious and had all the comforts you could wish for (it had a kitchenette) a great deal for $119 (OCT '13)

My only negative would be, I asked a staff member for directions and she was not able to tell me (it was for a place 10 min walk away, as turned out later). She did look on Google but could only come with a way where I would have to change busses twice)... I understand staff may not know all of Washington but at least the area around the hotel. As criticism goes that's a minor issue.

The good:
- metro is close
- room is spacious
- great to have a kitchenette

The not so good:
- ... nothing springs to mind.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business