“Very convenient location just outside DC.”

Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Jersey Shore
“Very convenient location just outside DC.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2009

We stayed here two nights over Easter weekend. The staff was friendly, the kitchen staff at breakfast very helpful and friendly. We had a one-bedroom suite. The bedroom was a little tight but not tiny. Plenty of room for the four of us to sit and watch tv, work at the desk, etc.

It was only about 10-15 minutes to get to the National Mall/Monuments via car. Also near Metro I think if mass transit is preferred. About 5 minutes away by car were plenty of shops and restaurants in Arlington. Some within walking distance.

We stayed at another hotel not far from this one a couple years ago and it was very nice but I preferred this Residence Inn and would stay here if I was going again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2009

Very nice hotel. The room was very neat with a fully equipped kitchen. The service was excellent.
The hotel is just 3 mins walk to the Rosslyn Metro Station. Starbucks Cafe and many eateries are close-by.
Great location....great price.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Elyria, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2009

The hotel was very nice. A 3 minute drive to lincolin memoral, Capital and everywhere in washington. Metro took at the most 5 minutes to walk to. Not bad walk at all. In the moring the breakfast was an awesome way to start the day they had some good food. The rooms have comfortable beds fully stocked kittchens but a very small bathroom. The sink is out side of the bathroom and so is the mirror???? Not sure why. Front desk people were ok, helpful for directions but hard to understand sometimes. There is a grocery store accross the street making it easy to cook in your room. Parking was 12.00 a day. Just about the cheepest parking around. Most Hiltons wanted 30.00 a day. No pool or restruant or room service but thats why its inexpensive!

Only bad thing is that they ask for a credit card to hold incase you break anything in your room. What they dont tell you is that if you use a debit card it will have a 40-60.00 hold on your account for a week after you have checked out of the hotel. I also wanted to pay for parking at the end of my stay with cash and when I woke up in the morning there was a bill on my door that they charged parking to my debit card. Also the plates in my kitchen looked like there was food on them.

Overall a great hotel that is inexpensive and very close to everything. Bring your walking shoes and some bandaids for those blisters. Lots of walking. I do recomend to take the tours on the busses over self led tours.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2009

I was here on a business trip and my wife accompanied me.

ROOMS: We were in a one-bedroom suite for 2 nights. My back was sore when I woke up the first morning because the queen bed (they don't have kings) was worn out. The springs creaked and it was caved-in in the middle. The sitting area is very small. The sofa is a settee, shorter than a standard sofa and has an arm on only one side, making it uncomfortable for more than one person to sit at a time. The cushion on ours was worn out - heavily creased and mushy in the middle. I might have asked to move to a room with non-worn out furnishings (especially the bed), but I had already experienced the difficulty front desk staff have with understanding (and speaking) English, and I just didn't want to deal with both the language barrier and a move itself. The kitchen is nice with full-size fridge and dishwasher. Both TV sets are small and are the old outdated tube-TV's. The rooms do not have wireless Internet access, so you're confined to the length of the cable, which means you either sit at the desk or on the sofa. It's free, though. The room was very clean. Towels and bedding are good quality.

FRONT DESK STAFF: In addition to communication problems, the front desk staff do not smile or greet you and they speak in a brusque manner. I had ordered a pizza for delivery one night from a local restaurant and when the delivery driver arrived at the front desk, I was given a call from staff letting me know he was there. I thought they were calling to verify the delivery before they let him proceed on up, so I confirmed that I had indeed placed the order. The female staff person replied impatiently and gruffly that I "needed to get down there" to meet him. A simple polite request to please come down or a quick explanation that they don't allow non-guests past the lobby would have sufficed. A big plus, though - we were allowed to check in early, with no hassle or extra charge.

BREAKFAST: Variety of choices (eggs, sausage/bacon, oatmeal, fruit, waffles, cereal, yogurt); however, the eggs are tasteless and I suspect they are EggBeaters, rather than real eggs.

BUSINESS CENTER: Consists of one computer and printer, which is woefully insufficient, as evidenced by seeing 6 other people who came down while I was waiting to do our online flight check-in. It's free, though.

MISC: My wife and I went out one evening to sightsee and for dinner. The Metro station is a bit of a hike; add in strong, blustery winds and freezing temps and you have a very unpleasant walking experience. I was surprised that the hotel doesn't offer an airport shuttle. Other Residence Inns where I've stayed have shuttles to and from the airport.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

I have stayed here many, many times since the hotel was built and during this most recent stay was pleased to see management keeps the look fresh and clean. A decent breakfast is offered plus hit or miss snacks in the evening. Check in and out is always flawless. Often full so book in advance to avoid the rack rate. The location is excellent as is the value for the price point.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank 4whatitsworth2day
Washington, D.C.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2009

We stayed in the Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn over the New Year's Holiday. We chose it because of its proximity to the Metro, and the price of $109 for a studio seemed reasonable when factoring in the free breakfast buffet.

This brings me to my biggest problem with the hotel. Athough the breakfast buffet is touted by the hotel, it was very disappointing. On the first day, there was no juice of any kind, they ran out of milk, the single waffle maker was not working properly, and they had no maple syrup. The food was identical each day, and not particularly appealing. I've had much better buffets at other hotels. Otherwise the hotel was fine.

Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Kissimmee, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2009

We Stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn in Rosslyn,Arlington and it is so convenient to everything. Our Room was spotless, Our Bed was confortable and The Breakfast was excellent they had Eggs,Hashbrowns,Toast,Waffles,French Toast, Sausage,Fruit,Yogurt,Oatmeal,Bagels,Breakfast Burrito's, Full drink machine with sodas,orange juice and apple juice, The Manager was very helpful in helping us plan where to go for our second wedding anniversary and New Years Eve. Housekeeping was extremely nice and even folded our own blankets. I would definetly stay here again and would recommend to all my friends and family. Thanks for making our trip so wonderful. We will be back again!

• Liked — Location, Friendliness of Staff, Breakfast Bar.
  • Disliked — No Pool or Hottub.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)