“Good value, good location”

Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 15 June 2009

We searched and searched for a DC hotel that wouldn't break the bank but would give us everything we needed. We definitely found it at this hotel. Through a special deal it was $119 a night for a one bedroom suite. The adults were in the bedroom, the 8 year old on the pull out sofabed, and our toddler in her pack & play. There was almost a full sized kitched (no oven). The room and the entire hotel were very clean. Our main complaint was that the rooms were a bit small. It was very cramped with the sofabed pulled out and the pack & play set up, so those tasks had to wait until right at bedtime. There wasn't really a place to put the suitcases out, so we had to totally unpack everything and then stash the suitcases in the closet. Likewise, we had to fold up the stroller and stash it in a different closet. Also, we only had three towels in the bathroom, which didn't make sense since this was a suite meant for more than 3 people. Otherwise, we were pleased overall. The daily breakfast bar was very good. It featured both hot and cold items and really hit the spot each morning. The staff was very friendly and helpful all the way around. Four nights a week there was a complementary dinner. We had it one night and it was fair. Some of the food was a little cold, but it was better than nothing (which was our attitude at that point). The hotel itself is just a five minute walk to the Metro station, which was one of our requirements for a DC hotel. This was very convenient and was how we traveled while we were there. Other nice features were free Internet, easy self-parking, guest laundry (we needed it!), computer with a printer just off the lobby, and free cookies at the front desk. No swimming pool -- that would've been nice. But all in all, this was a great place at a great price and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 May 2009

Well first of all, i am here on extended stay and have been here a little over a month. First off, IT IS NOT A FULL kitchen!!! it has a microwave, dishwasher, full size fridge and two stovetops, but NO OVEN! That may not matter to some on a short stay, but i will be on business for 5 months, and i am moving out next week because of this. Other than that i do agree that the staff here has a "language barrier" and it can be frustrating sometimes. If you are coming for a short trip, i recommend it here. Short walk to the metro (on a hill) and to the grocery store (safeway) which is not that clean of a store...and its UP the hill. i must say the hotel is very clean, but you may not get extra towels or toilet paper in your room when you need it. The only other hotel i see close is th Hyatt. You may want to compare rates. Oh one other negative, if you are staying here for extended period of time and need to do laundry, they have machines here, but they always break or not working. I have complained several times about this and they seem they do not want to fix them.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2009

after much review of where to stay for a DC visit, we settled on this property. we had taken the red eye from the west coast and it must have shown because they checked us in upon arrival. that's a extra plus in my eyes. after breakfast and a quick nap, it was off to the subway which is just a pleasant walk from the hotel.
the "couch" was worn and the linen on the beds was worn/thin. the floor was not always vacuumed. these brought down the actual value for the room. but to have a breakfast w/a very courteous staff on hand was nice to have instead of the hassle of a restaurant. especially w/kids. the elevator broke down the day we were leaving so 1/2 of the hotel was utilizing one lift which was another hassle. the stairs (which i preferred) transferred outside on every floor which again was a hassle.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2009

We stayed here two nights over Easter weekend. The staff was friendly, the kitchen staff at breakfast very helpful and friendly. We had a one-bedroom suite. The bedroom was a little tight but not tiny. Plenty of room for the four of us to sit and watch tv, work at the desk, etc.

It was only about 10-15 minutes to get to the National Mall/Monuments via car. Also near Metro I think if mass transit is preferred. About 5 minutes away by car were plenty of shops and restaurants in Arlington. Some within walking distance.

We stayed at another hotel not far from this one a couple years ago and it was very nice but I preferred this Residence Inn and would stay here if I was going again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Very nice hotel. The room was very neat with a fully equipped kitchen. The service was excellent.
The hotel is just 3 mins walk to the Rosslyn Metro Station. Starbucks Cafe and many eateries are close-by.
Great location....great price.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2009

The hotel was very nice. A 3 minute drive to lincolin memoral, Capital and everywhere in washington. Metro took at the most 5 minutes to walk to. Not bad walk at all. In the moring the breakfast was an awesome way to start the day they had some good food. The rooms have comfortable beds fully stocked kittchens but a very small bathroom. The sink is out side of the bathroom and so is the mirror???? Not sure why. Front desk people were ok, helpful for directions but hard to understand sometimes. There is a grocery store accross the street making it easy to cook in your room. Parking was 12.00 a day. Just about the cheepest parking around. Most Hiltons wanted 30.00 a day. No pool or restruant or room service but thats why its inexpensive!

Only bad thing is that they ask for a credit card to hold incase you break anything in your room. What they dont tell you is that if you use a debit card it will have a 40-60.00 hold on your account for a week after you have checked out of the hotel. I also wanted to pay for parking at the end of my stay with cash and when I woke up in the morning there was a bill on my door that they charged parking to my debit card. Also the plates in my kitchen looked like there was food on them.

Overall a great hotel that is inexpensive and very close to everything. Bring your walking shoes and some bandaids for those blisters. Lots of walking. I do recomend to take the tours on the busses over self led tours.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2009

I was here on a business trip and my wife accompanied me.

ROOMS: We were in a one-bedroom suite for 2 nights. My back was sore when I woke up the first morning because the queen bed (they don't have kings) was worn out. The springs creaked and it was caved-in in the middle. The sitting area is very small. The sofa is a settee, shorter than a standard sofa and has an arm on only one side, making it uncomfortable for more than one person to sit at a time. The cushion on ours was worn out - heavily creased and mushy in the middle. I might have asked to move to a room with non-worn out furnishings (especially the bed), but I had already experienced the difficulty front desk staff have with understanding (and speaking) English, and I just didn't want to deal with both the language barrier and a move itself. The kitchen is nice with full-size fridge and dishwasher. Both TV sets are small and are the old outdated tube-TV's. The rooms do not have wireless Internet access, so you're confined to the length of the cable, which means you either sit at the desk or on the sofa. It's free, though. The room was very clean. Towels and bedding are good quality.

FRONT DESK STAFF: In addition to communication problems, the front desk staff do not smile or greet you and they speak in a brusque manner. I had ordered a pizza for delivery one night from a local restaurant and when the delivery driver arrived at the front desk, I was given a call from staff letting me know he was there. I thought they were calling to verify the delivery before they let him proceed on up, so I confirmed that I had indeed placed the order. The female staff person replied impatiently and gruffly that I "needed to get down there" to meet him. A simple polite request to please come down or a quick explanation that they don't allow non-guests past the lobby would have sufficed. A big plus, though - we were allowed to check in early, with no hassle or extra charge.

BREAKFAST: Variety of choices (eggs, sausage/bacon, oatmeal, fruit, waffles, cereal, yogurt); however, the eggs are tasteless and I suspect they are EggBeaters, rather than real eggs.

BUSINESS CENTER: Consists of one computer and printer, which is woefully insufficient, as evidenced by seeing 6 other people who came down while I was waiting to do our online flight check-in. It's free, though.

MISC: My wife and I went out one evening to sightsee and for dinner. The Metro station is a bit of a hike; add in strong, blustery winds and freezing temps and you have a very unpleasant walking experience. I was surprised that the hotel doesn't offer an airport shuttle. Other Residence Inns where I've stayed have shuttles to and from the airport.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business