“Protect your account information and credit cards”

Courtyard Arlington Rosslyn
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
New York
“Protect your account information and credit cards”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel from May 12 - 15 when we were in town for my son's graduation. We booked two rooms were were nice enough, but small. The staff was friendly and nice, and the price/location/parking was fine. This hotel should offer a full breakfast restaurant rather than just a small counter/concession area. Also, they should offer complimentary coffee in the lobby. But overall, the amenities were not bad.

However, we had two problems with credit cards and the internet. One morning, my mother-in-law was up early and used her credit card to purchase breakfast. A few days after we came home, she had an issue with identity theft. Fortunately, the credit card company caught it, and canceled the card and issued her another one. The questionable transactions were traced to Virginia, where the hotel is located (we live in New York). Clearly, someone at the breakfast concession area accessed the credit card.

The second problem was related to the wired internet in the rooms and private information being hacked from the computer we had plugged in the room. I left a message with the manager when we got home to inform him of the problem. I never heard back. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank carolanngo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Baltimore
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My SO suprised me with a mini vacation and we stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Arlington Va. for three days..
I was under the impression that this was a higher end hotal chain so my exceptations my have been to high..

The Good
The bed was amazing!!! My Fiance and I slept like babies... The bed made up for alot of the rest of the things...
The hotel is beautifully decorated. The decor is very chic and mordern. I love the colors. Most of the staff is very attentive and responsive to the guests needs.
The food... The staff at the Bistro were very nice The food was pretty good...
I had a muffin for breakfast the first day and the breakfast platter the second. I had the crabcake dinner with fries.. Not as great as I expected just ok.

The Bad..
The parking is really high 16 dollars a night.
The drinks were not good at all... I had to return my cosmo and my fiance' had to return his mojito.. Not good...
The elevator on the right hand side kept opening and closing while we were going to our room
And
Please be sure to put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on your door because someone busted in the room on us.. We thought they were knocking across the hall but no it was our room.. He apologized but wow...

The ugly!!
We waited until the last day to go to the pool and the workout room... (Which was the whole reason we book that hotel).. And I will say I was disappointed:/ The pool is small and not refreshing looking at all!! The whirlpool spa had bubbles that looked like soap in it while the spa was not on... I asked the lifeguard what it was she said it was nothing and turned it on... we get in.. and the water was hot but it had a really strong smell... Then the bubbles started to form again but this time the bubbles had dirt in them. OMG it was so nasty.. Needless to say we flew out of there and went to our room to shower...

Overall I do not think we will be returning to that particular hotel again...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mc2012
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Our family of 5 stayed over Memorial Day long weekend. The hotel is typical Marriott quality - everything works, is well maintained, facilities are great. But you want to stay here because the hotel is in an excellent location - easy to get to the subway to all of the DC attractions like the Smithsonians etc, easy to get to freeways and excellent restaurants within walking distance! One of our favorite places in the morning was a bagel shop called Brooklyn Bagels - you have to go there for breakfast and coffee.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank KLACE
New York
Reviewed 6 July 2011

All around a great Courtyard. Convenient to the metro and good indoor parking. Rooms are comfortable and well maintained. Updated lobby...only complaint is the new breakfast setup. Prefer the much quicker and more convenient buffet vs ordering a la carte.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank FrequentTripster
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 June 2011

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend in June. The room was very nice, along with the lobby. We enjoyed our stay except there was no hot water during BOTH days and they refused to comp us our parking for the inconvenience. Fine, that did not ruin our experience. However, we left an important item behind and I have called FIVE times over the last three weeks. The first time I was told the item would be sent and it wasn't. A week later I called back and was assured it would be sent that night. It is now a week and a half later and still no sign of my left item. I have called 3 times this week and left a message and have not received a phone call back. I think this is extremely unprofessional! Make sure if you stay at this hotel you do not leave anything behind, because you will not get it back! Needless to say, we will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ptc091
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I stayed here 3 nights on business. The location is excellent for my purposes but for others, the slog to public transportation up and down the hill in summertime temperatures may be a chore. There is adequate garage parking and at $10/day it is comparable to local rates.
My room was big enough for my needs but larger groups or families may find them lacking in space. The decor is pleasantly neutral, the television is a decent size, the channel selection is good and the free Internet works well. The air conditioning was effective at beating back the DC heat and humidity too. The gym is smallish but has a couple of good newer treadmills and some free weights. There is a pool long enough for laps but put some vacationing families in there and you won't be able to. Hours are limited at 4-10pm.
The biggest demerit for some may be noise. The rooms are not well insulated from each other or the hallways so if you are a light sleeper this may work against you. Add to that, this building and neighborhood are in the flight path of Reagan National Airport and the building is poorly insulated from the outside and you may find yourself a little irked at these aural intrusions.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank GeorgeRex
USA
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We stayed at the Courtyard Arlington/Rosslyn for 4 nights in May, 2011. We opted for this hotel because we thought it was close to the metro and we needed to be in the City for graduation activities. Well, first off, it is not that close to the metro. It's a LONG 4 blocks, and arriving at the metro with wheeled bags, we had to drag them up very steep streets to get to the hotel. It's in a business area so during the evening and weekend the area is pretty deserted, and you have to walk fairly far to get to any restaurants. Overall the hotel itself isn't bad. You are greeted with a strong smell of chlorine as you walk into the hotel lobby which is obviously coming from the indoor pool. They offer the standard free access to computers with internet connection, but not the complimentary coffee/tea bar that other Courtyards offer. The room we got was really poky and small and the pull out sofa bed was TERRIBLE, with the springs sticking into you all night. We asked for a cot which was much better but took up most of the room. The room was supposed to include free internet, but for the life of us we couldn't figure out how to connect to their system, so we finally gave up and used it downstairs. We use wireless a lot, so this was a mystery as to why it wouldn't connect. Our rate included a breakfast which was ordering off the menu in the restaurant. Overall it was a pretty good deal and the choices were reasonable, including oatmeal and juice or coffee, or other breakfast sandwiches or eggs. However, I would never stay there again as the location did not provide easy access to the metro and it was so desolate after hours, even the Starbucks across the street was closed!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family