“Kind of like being home”

Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I've been traveling for years and I can honestly say I feel more at home staying here than at any other hotel. I can't think of anyone working there that I don't enjoy being around, but there are three young men at the front desk that definitely stand out. These three (Kelvin, Adam and KC) are just like visiting family members,,, that you actually like. This trip was the first cross country business trip that my wife came along with me. I'm not sure if she made their day or they made hers but I'm sure it was mutual. Spend time down at the front desk, they will make your stay much better.

Room Tip: Rooms xx20 have a nice view looking over the Pentagon
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank djgdroid2013
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

We really love reviews like yours. Our associates are our greatest assets, and we are well aware of that. I will be sure that the three you mentioned receive recognition for the hospitality they have shown you and your wife. We also are pleased that your meetings went well and I hope we will be able to host more for you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and do all they can to accommodate requests. The shuttle service provided by the hotel is very convenient. Most services are within walking distance including the Pentagon City Metro station. Rooms are equipped for relaxing as well as getting work accomplished. The lobby is also structured with spaces for work and relaxation. Views from the North side of the Hotel are spectacular. I highly reccommend this hotel.

Room Tip: North facing rooms (even numbers) have excellent views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thnk you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Your comments on the room and lobby layout are exactly what we were going for when we completed our full renovation earlier this year. Sometimes you need to get out of your hotel room, but still need to get work done. Our lobby spaces provide nooks and crannies that accommodate a single person preparing for a presentation, or a small group going over business plans. Thanks again for sharing.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stay at this Residence Inn regularly, because of their friendliness and genuine interest in my care. Everyone knows my name and treats me like a member of their family. I appreciate this personal touch.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a better view than others, but all the rooms are the same excellent quality.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Comments like yours are great to hear, and really mean a lot to our team. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Clean, large, very comfortable room. Gym & Pool. Many choices on the free buffet breakfast. Parking under the hotel. 5 minute walk or free shuttle ride to the Metro - easy access to DC. It's a great combination.

Room Tip: One side faces the Pentagon with DC in the background. Ask for that view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gus B

This is a wonderful review, short and sweet. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I was here for a business meeting. I stayed at the Residence, but my meeting was at the Renaissance which shared the same building. The Residence itself is a suite type of hotel with large rooms including a kitchen. Room service is limited, with a take out style menu from one of the restaurants at the Rennaisance. The buffet breakfast was decent. It was a step above instant cereal--somewhat like Embassy Suite breakfasts. The staff were courteous and efficient. There is not much in the immediate area except other business and airport hotels. However, it is near the airport, so good for quick and and out type of meetings. Dulles airport is about a 40 minute drive when there is no traffic, but about an hour during rush hour. The metro stop is about 0.8 miles away, but I think the hotel has a shuttle to get there or to Reagan. If I were here for leisure, I would try to find a hotel closer to more DC area attractions.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review. Unfortunately it sounds like you stayed at the Residence Inn Capitol View. They are located one mile south of us, closer to the airport, and connected to the Reniassance. I'm glad you had a great time there, but want our readers to know that we are 1 block from a metro station, and there is plenty in our immediate area including a large regional mall, the Air Force Memorial, and the DEA museum.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Spent 3 nights here just before Thanksgiving. Great location. Two metro stops in walking distance, as well as, a mall and lots of food choices. Free shuttle from Reagan and free shuttle to locations within a mile. Room was nice and clean. Had a room on the 17th floor which was a great view. Staff was really friendly and helpful. Lobby was nice with several spots to chill or watch tv. Breakfast was great for a quick in and out with a lot of variety. Impressed by the make your own waffle area. A wide variety of hot and cold food. Probably the most I've seen for a free breakfast. Looks like they serve dinner certain nights of the week, but we were not there for those. Metro ride into DC is easy. With a family it would be a great place with the kitchen and sleeping.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of the Residence Inn at Pentagon City. I couldn't have sold our hotel to other readers on TripAdvisor better myself. I hope to be able to welcome you and your family in the future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Having an airport shuttle and breakfast were two great features I did not know about. It made for a very stress-less trip. Location is close to shopping and great METRO. They have a computer set up to print out your boarding pass. Very clean room, bathroom, and kitchen. Nice and helpful employees. Good selection of movies to rent. Very decent workout facility. Oh, they also have a free shuttle to areas nearby. I think it was within a mile. You are not far from Pentagon. Go see the memorial. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Pick one with a view of the airport. It's great watching the planes.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. It was great to hear that you were able to take advantage of several of our complimentary services. You are correct that the local shuttle will take you anywhere within one mile of the hotel. The airport shuttle will take you to DCA from 5am-11pm. It sounds like you will now be a Residence Inn regular, as we all have complimentary breakfast.