“Great Value”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Gatos, California
“Great Value”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel was all around great!

We stopped in DC for one night and wanted to be close to I95 and also be able to enjoy the city, and this hotel's location did not disappoint. It's a short walk to both the Pentagon and Pentagon City Metro Stops--and right near the shopping and dining that come along with it.

The room itself was newly remodeled and a great size! My husband has lived in a few Residence Inn's over the last few years, and this was hands down the best we've seen as far as set-up and size. Though we were only there for one night, you could easily stay there for an extended period and be perfectly happy.

The morning breakfast did have a good selection of continental breakfast items and warm food (eggs, bacon, etc.) Great location and super value for the price! Would stay here again when in DC!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have view of Pentagon. Pretty cool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. It was great to read that you found our location perfect for your short trip. The rooms have recently been remodled, and we are curretly having the outsde of the building resurfaced. That work will be completedin just a few short weeks, and we will have a whole new hotel. Pleae remember us on your next trip to DC!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was my second trip to DC and I decided to stay at the Marriott Pentagon City because it was close to my training venue. The staff was friendly, pleasant and helpful. This is a recently renovated hotel (another reason for the choice) and they were in the process of renovating the exterior during my stay. As a residence inn, my room was fully stocked with the appropriate items for cooking and I had a view of the Pentagon. I saw a sign that indicated that if you gave the hotel staff a grocery shopping list, they would have your items in the evening and charge to your room. I thought that was a plus even though I never used it. The breakfast is fine and there is also happy hour/dinner offerings every night but I did not have the chance to try that. The best of all is their shuttle service - they dropped me off daily at my training location and picked me up at the end of the day and also dropped me at the mall and the metro station everyday without delay and was available to pick me up if needed. Location is great -very close to metro station and the malls. Make sure you request a Pentagon view room. All in all this hotel is a great value and highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HananAbbas
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other TripAdvisor subscribers. I am glad that you found our complimentary shuttle so convenient. I 'm sorry that you missed our dinners, but I would like to point out that they are only available Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the area.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This was my second trip to DC and I decided to stay at the Marriott Pentagon City because it was close to the mall and the hop on hop off bus tour which picked up/dropped off at the mall. The staff was friendly and pleasant which was not my experience with DC generally speaking. This is a recently renovated hotel (another reason for the choice) and they were in the process of renovating the exterior during our stay. However, there was no noisy construction going on so we hardly even noticed. As a residence inn, our room was fully stocked with the appropriate items for cooking and we had a view of the Pentagon. We saw a sign that indicated that if you gave the hotel staff a grocery shopping list, they would have your items in the evening and charge to your room. I thought that was a plus even though we never used it. The continental breakfast and happy our/dinner offerings were ok. Not bad just ok and if the hotel could improve on anything it would be the food. The staff would drop us off at the mall everyday without delay and was available to pick us up if needed (we just walked because it was only a block away). The only amenities we used was the swimming pool and hot tub after and after a long hot day of site seeing, it was just what we needed. All in all this hotel is a great value and recommended especially for a family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for rcommending us on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you were able to enjoy several of our many amenities that make sightseeing trips easier fo everyone.
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here the past two years and love it...very close to metro and couple nice shopping areas and malls. Request Pentagon view room...best place to watch fireworks..AC room, buy some hot dogs cook them up in your room and watch the fireworks...avoid the big crowds. Big plus you can watch the other fireworks in the distance until past 10p. The staff is great,helpful and friendly. During breakfast hours during this busy time of year may take some time in line so get down early or avoid the busy hours from 8-9a..but the staff does an awesome job clearing tables and bringing out fresh, hot food. Overall, look forward to coming back next year!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Andrew J
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
I'm glad that you continue to return year after year. It is a very busy weekend at the hotel, and it was great to read that the crowds did not negatively impact your visit. We look forward to celebrating our Nation's Birthday again with you next year!
Bedford
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed July 3rd - staff was great. Hotel was sold out so breakfast was VERY busy - staff did a great job to accommodate everyone. Breakfast was excellent - hot eggs, waffles... Rooms are well equipped for one night or extended stay. Very clean and modern. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Doug B
Thank you for the kind words. You are correct, July 4th weeked does bring in more guests than any other weekend of the year. I'm glad to hear that our staff did such an amazing job from the guests point of view. I will be sure to share this coment at our next staff meeting.
Vienna, va
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great hotel within walking distance to The Pentagon, the Fashion Center at The Pentagon, and a bunch of restaurants! Great breakfast offered every morning! Easy parking with a closed garage under the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lexy1279
Thank you for taking the time to recommend us on TripAdvisor. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your nex visit.
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here for a night while I was on business in DC. The location is close to the Pentagon, Pentagon City mall-a quick walk to each and their associated metro stations. I haven't had the best experience at Residence Inns so I was a little unsure about staying here, but this one was really nice. It seemed newly renovated. My room was modern, clean, and relaxing with the amenities you'd expect at a business type hotel that included a kitchen, full size stainless steel refrigerator, range, dishes, classes, coffee pot, etc. There was a small comfortable couch to relax or do work on and a brand new flat screen TV. I had a great view of the Washington Monument and the Capitol building.

As if that wasn't enough, they have complimentary breakfast and a complimentary light supper with beer and wine available for hotel guests. Seriously! The evening I was there, the breakfast including eggs, sausage, oatmeal, yogurt, hashbrowns and waffle irons to make your own along with juice, coffee, etc. The seating area is off the lobby and felt like you were sitting in someone's living room or dining room with a few TVs. For the light supper, it was a full taco bar and it was actually really good. They even tell you when the busiest times are before you get in line so you can plan accordingly if you want to eat quickly or have children with you.

Kevin, the day shift manager, was so wonderful to me and helpful as I needed some advice related to my business trip. He recommended that I let the free hotel shuttle take me to my destination and pick me up since it was such a short ride so that I didn't have to walk or pay for a cab. This was very much appreciated on a very hot and humid day in DC! My shuttle driver was a kind man from Morocco that took great care of me and the other hotel guests. He provided free cold water bottles and made sure we knew how to get in touch with him to pick us up when we were ready to return to the hotel. The rest of the staff was not up to par by any means with these two gentleman and should take some lessons in customer service from them, but I can't complain as I had such a wonderful trip otherwise mostly due to their professionalism.

This has to be one of the best deals in DC if you take full advantage of being within walking distance of the mall, the metro, the newer rooms and the complimentary meals. Even the parking garage underneath the hotel was easy to get in and out of. I would recommend this hotel and will certainly return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank M O
I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the many added amenities that we offer. I hope you remember us th next time you visit the area.