“Wonderful Home Base for D.C. Visit”

Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed three nights at this hotel. It was the first hotel of our vacation, and somewhat spoiled us for the later hotels. Our room was a studio on the 17th floor, overlooking the Potomac. Our view included the Jefferson Memorial, the Washington Monument, and the Capitol. The room was very quiet, immaculate, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. Breakfast was included each morning, and was generously appointed. There was a wide selection of foods and beverages. Again, the breakfast room was very clean. The hotel's location was about a five minute walk from the Pentagon City Metro station, and quite close to numerous attractive restaurants. If I return to visit D.C., I plan to stay here.

Room Tip: Take the advice of the concierge, and stay higher. Yes, the elevator may take a little longer, but i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard C
gpwee738, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you so much for the high praise. We do take pride in providing every guest with a clean room, and a great breakfast to start your day. We are happy that you felt our hotel and services spoiled you for he rest of your trip. We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to the DC area.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel was a great location for a visit to Washington DC. Metro stop is very close and easy way to get to the city. Staff very friendly. The breakfast buffet does get a bit busy but come early. Pay for a high room with Pentagon view it is worth it. Hotel shuttle can take you to local restaurants.

1  Thank scott4808
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for the great recommendations and for pointing out some of our many great amenities. How could we have improved our rating with you? We appreciate your feedback and are committed to continuously improving our level of service to exceed the expectations of our valued guests.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Had a great time for our trip over July 4th. Hotel was in great shape and decorated for the 4th. They even provided a sheet on where best to see the fireworks. Metro was convenient, 2 - 2 1/2 blocks away. With a large crowd, the morning breakfast was handled well. Management was on site and staff kept the line moving and food replenished. I was delayed in getting to the hotel (flight from Atlanta) and with a call to the hotel; my girlfriend was able to check in with no issue. The hotel offers airport pick-up (only until 11 p.m., had to take a cab for $12) and a shuttle to local establishments. The only negative was when I inquired with the front desk manager if the shuttle would take me (he said, yes no problem) to an off-airport rental company, the shuttle driver (Ray) argued that he did not and would have to take the airport shuttle. I tried to explain that it was not an airport rental and he just couldn't understand what I was trying to say and my justification for a Very Good and not an Excellent rating.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
gpwee738, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

Thanks for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. I am happy that you were so pleased with our hotel. I am sorry that you received different instructions from our team. We have revisited which car rental companies are where with the entire team to avoid this in the future. I hope to welcome you back when yor travels bring you to our area again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel was all around great!

We stopped in DC for one night and wanted to be close to I95 and also be able to enjoy the city, and this hotel's location did not disappoint. It's a short walk to both the Pentagon and Pentagon City Metro Stops--and right near the shopping and dining that come along with it.

The room itself was newly remodeled and a great size! My husband has lived in a few Residence Inn's over the last few years, and this was hands down the best we've seen as far as set-up and size. Though we were only there for one night, you could easily stay there for an extended period and be perfectly happy.

The morning breakfast did have a good selection of continental breakfast items and warm food (eggs, bacon, etc.) Great location and super value for the price! Would stay here again when in DC!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have view of Pentagon. Pretty cool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. It was great to read that you found our location perfect for your short trip. The rooms have recently been remodled, and we are curretly having the outsde of the building resurfaced. That work will be completedin just a few short weeks, and we will have a whole new hotel. Pleae remember us on your next trip to DC!!!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was my second trip to DC and I decided to stay at the Marriott Pentagon City because it was close to my training venue. The staff was friendly, pleasant and helpful. This is a recently renovated hotel (another reason for the choice) and they were in the process of renovating the exterior during my stay. As a residence inn, my room was fully stocked with the appropriate items for cooking and I had a view of the Pentagon. I saw a sign that indicated that if you gave the hotel staff a grocery shopping list, they would have your items in the evening and charge to your room. I thought that was a plus even though I never used it. The breakfast is fine and there is also happy hour/dinner offerings every night but I did not have the chance to try that. The best of all is their shuttle service - they dropped me off daily at my training location and picked me up at the end of the day and also dropped me at the mall and the metro station everyday without delay and was available to pick me up if needed. Location is great -very close to metro station and the malls. Make sure you request a Pentagon view room. All in all this hotel is a great value and highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HananAbbas

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other TripAdvisor subscribers. I am glad that you found our complimentary shuttle so convenient. I 'm sorry that you missed our dinners, but I would like to point out that they are only available Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This was my second trip to DC and I decided to stay at the Marriott Pentagon City because it was close to the mall and the hop on hop off bus tour which picked up/dropped off at the mall. The staff was friendly and pleasant which was not my experience with DC generally speaking. This is a recently renovated hotel (another reason for the choice) and they were in the process of renovating the exterior during our stay. However, there was no noisy construction going on so we hardly even noticed. As a residence inn, our room was fully stocked with the appropriate items for cooking and we had a view of the Pentagon. We saw a sign that indicated that if you gave the hotel staff a grocery shopping list, they would have your items in the evening and charge to your room. I thought that was a plus even though we never used it. The continental breakfast and happy our/dinner offerings were ok. Not bad just ok and if the hotel could improve on anything it would be the food. The staff would drop us off at the mall everyday without delay and was available to pick us up if needed (we just walked because it was only a block away). The only amenities we used was the swimming pool and hot tub after and after a long hot day of site seeing, it was just what we needed. All in all this hotel is a great value and recommended especially for a family.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for rcommending us on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you were able to enjoy several of our many amenities that make sightseeing trips easier fo everyone.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here the past two years and love it...very close to metro and couple nice shopping areas and malls. Request Pentagon view room...best place to watch fireworks..AC room, buy some hot dogs cook them up in your room and watch the fireworks...avoid the big crowds. Big plus you can watch the other fireworks in the distance until past 10p. The staff is great,helpful and friendly. During breakfast hours during this busy time of year may take some time in line so get down early or avoid the busy hours from 8-9a..but the staff does an awesome job clearing tables and bringing out fresh, hot food. Overall, look forward to coming back next year!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Andrew J
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I'm glad that you continue to return year after year. It is a very busy weekend at the hotel, and it was great to read that the crowds did not negatively impact your visit. We look forward to celebrating our Nation's Birthday again with you next year!