“Excellent for Families and to Relax”

Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Anchorage, Alaska
“Excellent for Families and to Relax”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at this Residence Inn because my husband had stayed here before. What can I say other than it was the best hotel on our entire trip! The management was completely on top of all operations in this hotel. The breakfast (that was included in the price) was great. We ate there every morning and were completely satisfied. The evening socials and dinner provided were excellent also. We did not partake in the alcohol, but the food was better than average and way beyond what we thought it would be. Rooms were clean and the housekeeping was great. The view of the Pentagon is worth the few extra dollars because wow, what a view! One of the best things is the location to the Metro station and the mall. We walked numerous places and didn't think it was too far from anything. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 15th floor with a Pentagon view. Excellent view!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
gpwee738, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor, I could not have said it better myself.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Oregon
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I love this hotel. Mostly because it is a quick walk to my office in the Pentagon. I can leave the building lobby at 6:40 AM, get through the enhanced building security and still be in my office by 6:55. AWESOME. They have a nice little breakfast that opens weekdays at 6:30 sharp so if you are prompt you can grab a quick bite before heading to the 'bunker'. The only thing that was a drag, was the really slow elevator. I opted for a room on the upper floors, thinking the view would be better, but it is not worth the wait, and the way the stairways are configured, you can't really walk down to the lobby. Overall, it's an excellent place to stay.The location is ideal, near the Pentagon City metro.The rooms are very large and well appointed. Internet access is great, even if you opt for the free version. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the north side for a better view, but not on the upper floors, as you will end up w...
Green Features: Unless you ask for new towels, they will let you keep your linens for hte duration.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing the Residence Inn at Pentagon City. We are the perfect place to stay if you have business at the Pentagon. I am sorry to hear that you felt our elevators were slow. It is true that on the upper floors, during rush times you will have to wait as others get off on their floors first. Thank you for the insight and great tip about the lower floors having quicker access to the lobby. I hope to see yu soon when your work brings you back to the area.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel was very reasonably priced, very convenient to the Pentagon, two Metro Stations, a mall & food court, and a Walk-In Clinic. The staff were courteous and helpful; the two gentlemen working the front desk were fantastic with my son when he tripped on the sidewalk and scraped his knees. We were able to easily hop on the metro and two stops later we were at the Smithsonian! The location felt incredibly safe.

Green Features: We opted not to have our towels or sheets changed; they gave us the extra bathmat we needed upon request.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rebecca P
Thank you for taking the time to recommend our property on TripAdvisor. I am glad that your experience prompted you to write your first review. I hope to welcome you gain when your travels bring you back to DC.
United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had a great experience when I stayed at this hotel by myself a few years ago. So, when I decided to plan a trip to DC for the July 4th week, I knew this will be a fantastic hotel for my family of 4. The hotel is very clean and accommodating to families. My family of 4 stayed in a two bedroom/two bathroom suite. There was plenty of space for my family and the rooms were comfortable. We had a full kitchen with an oven. Which was a plus because I made pizza one night with my children. The breakfast was good and there was a great variety of food items to choose from. It felt like home here.

The location is great too. It is within walking distance to Pentagon City Metro, Pentagon City Mall, restaurants, and shops. Also, there is a Harris Teeter grocery store and a CVS Pharmacy nearby just in case you need something. It's not too far from Regan National Airport, downtown DC (The Mall), Arlington Cemetery, and The Pentagon.

The overall best thing about my family's stay at Residence Inn was the staff. The staff were really awesome. It was extremely crowded at this hotel around the 4th of July. However, the housekeeping staff and the wait staff in the dining room did an amazing job at handling the large crowds of people. The people at the front desk were always cordial. This to me speaks volumes about the level of care and personal touch that this hotel provides its guests. My family really appreciate all of the staff at Residence Inn for making our holiday stay fantastic!

The only negative about this hotel was the Wifi in our room was really slow and unusable. I had to use my I-phone as a Wifi hotspot.

1 Thank nem
Thank you for taking the time to share yourthought about our hotel onTripAdvisor. We also feel that we are the perfect location and staging point for a family visiting DC. Your kind words regarding our staff are very appreciated.
Regarding the internet, we are in the process of updating ou services, and although it does not make up for your experience, it will be much faster in the very near future. Thank you so much for the feedback, and on weekends with so many faminies, and so many members of thefamily using the internet on devices, we do not currently have enough broadband, and will have that corrected before our next busy holiday weekend.
I am glad your family had a great time, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to DC.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our stay was great! We enjoyed the social dinner on Monday and Tuesday nights, breakfast, location, transportation to the metro and Regan Int'l Airport, room, pool and customer service. Would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for the review. I appreciate that this is your first review, so it really shows tat we did something right in prompting you to share it wth others on TripAdvisor. I hope you and your famly had a great time, and hope to see you again.
Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband, son and I stayed at the Residence Inn during the week of July 4th. The location was perfect as we wanted to be close to DC, but avoid the congestion. The Metro is right around the corner, and if you are too tired to walk back to the hotel, the shuttle service will come get you. The entire staff was accommodating, friendly and knowledgable of the area. The evening reception (Mon. - Wed.) was a pleasant surprise. Even though the hotel seemed very busy, the staff did the best they at keeping up with the demand during reception and breakfast hours. The pool area is rather small, but does offer a hot tub and lifeguard. We could not have asked for a better Fourth of July experience in our nation's capitol.
We were amazed at the sound proofing of the hotel's exterior. We were concerned about the proximity to Reagan Airport, but never heard a single plane.

Room Tip: This building is a V shape. Only one side of the building has views of DC. I think the other overloo...
1 Thank Pamela24401
Thank you for recommending us to other readers on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that you had a great time over the holiday weekend. The July 4th is our busiest week of the year, and I am pleased tht our staff was able to keep up with the demands. There is no place better to celebrate our Nation's Birthday than in our Nation's Capital, and I am glad we were ableto make that memorable for you and your family.
Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a family reunion and stayed at this hotel. All the rooms are suites of varying sizes and very reasonably priced. The rooms were very clean and had a spacious living room and kitchen area. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the maids were very proficient. The breakfast was included and it is very extensive. There was all kinds of fruits and cereals. They had oatmeal with raisins, and other additives on the side. There were 2 waffle machines with fresh mix to make them fresh with fruit toppings. They had scrambled eggs, sausages and potatoes. Every other day there are also pancakes. They were various kinds of breads and rolls. It was all delicious. The coffee was excellent. I highly recommend the hotel. It is only 2 blocks from the Metro for a quick ride into DC.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floors as you get a great view of the Pentagon and Arlington with DC in the...
Green Features: Very good. There is separate garbage for recyclables. The usual option to save water.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the glowing review of our hotel and its amenities. We always enjoy hosting family reunions at our hotel, and we feel that we are a great choice for one. Not only is the metro 1 bolck away, givingyou access to everything DC has to offer, but our hotel does have banquet rooms, ranging in size from 500 square feet to 2200. Anything from a welcome roomto meet, to a dinner gatering is possible, all in a hotel where all rooms have their own kitchen!!!
I'm so glad you had such a great time, and look forward to hosting your next soon.