“Good Alternative to City Hotels”

Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We've stayed here twice as a cheaper alternative to staying in the city and for what it is it's a good value. Both times we've had Adam the front desk agent check us in and he's verrrryyyyy friendly and chatty. The rooms are very spacious and, as with most Marriott brand properties, meticulously clean. It's a short walk to the metro to go into the city which is why we stay there but if you're looking for bars, restaurants, or anything to do around the hotel you're out of luck. You can walk to the mall and that's about it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
gpwee738, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I glad you found our hotel so convienent, but am concerned that you were unable to find any restaurants or bars in our area. Th front desk agent you mentioned is the local expert o restaurants and bars, and there are many that are walking disance from the otel, and even more that are within the one mile that our free shuttle can take you to. I hope you reconsider us in the future, and we will be hapy to recommend several hot spots in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this location for one night. The room was large and had everything we needed. Breakfast was great and I was very surprised to see the management helping to clear tables so guests could be seated more quickly. Close to all the sites and to the metro. Wonderful stay! Thank you!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Njp23

Thanks for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. I am happy that you were so pleased with our hotel. I hope to welcome you back when yor travels bring you to our area again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Overall we were extremely please with this hotel:
Pros:
-awesome location (across from pentagon, 4 blocks from pentagon city metro, 10 min walk to pentagon row restaurants
-hotel was clean and remodeled!
-room was a great size and had a full kitchen
- great value for the price
- nice Pool and hot tub after a long day of sightseeing
-free breakfast and good selection
Cons :
Breakfast is crowded with lines unless you go before 8
Pool deck is extremely slippery due to ceramic tile - pool of my kids slipped multiple times
26 bucks per day for parking
We had to call the front desk 3x to get a new comforter for the pullout for my kids (the first one was dirty) the kids slept without it the first night and I had to tell the mgr to finally get one.

Room Tip: High floor for view of city and landmarks
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JD_pgh

Thanks for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor. I am glad you were so happy with the hotel overal. I have shared your cmments with the appropriate teams, and assure you we are addresing them. We do get extremely busy in the breakfast on weekends in the summer as the morning goes on, and highly recommend coming down early if possible. We have recently extended our weekend hours to 10am in an effort to help mitigate the lines. We are also working closely with our pool contractor to keep the deck dry. Again, I am glad that these few negatives did not detract from the great time you had, and as always we strive to improve.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

So I have made a decision. I am not going to do reviews based on the standard of the hotel -- that is too one sided. I think Trip Advisor should say, ;your overall rating of your experience!' Instead, I am going to do stars based upon the quality of the experience. to me, the whole package -- hotel, service, Wi-Fi, amenities, location, and demonstrated quality is what will make a difference with a hotel. With over 123 reviews and many helpful votes, I have been to a lot of different hotels and there are many that look good and then just suck for an experience. There are others, like Kambaku lodge, that may not have all the sexy amenities, but have a terrific staff and other resources that make it a 5-star stay.
So does the Residence Inn Pentagon City. They greeted me with a smile, immediately saw that I was A Marriott Rewards member and put me in a terrific new room looking towards the Capitol Dome. The room was spotless, new and in perfect shape. I had to work all afternoon, and the Wi-Fi was flawless, easy to use, and accessible. Of course, I had forgotten a power cord for my iphone (quickly provided by the hotel) and they even had an adapter for my computer (I live in Europe -- it was $6.00 but it was worth it). Throughout my stay the people were friendly, open and more than supportive. I have stayed in reported 5 star hotels (that I have rated a 2 or 3) that could learn from this staff. Need a ride? They have van -- would take you anywhere. Need a beer or dinner -- there is food every night? Want a good breakfast -- they have what you need -- not opulent, but the right basics to make a good b-fast.
But you know a good hotel goes the extra mile. I left a key item in my room, called them after I had checked out, and they did everything they could to recover this highly valuable item. Although we were not successful, my feeling is that it will turn up eventually. I was constantly reassured and supported by Patrick, the hotel manager, who worked diligently to help me find my item. The driver of the van made sure I got on the bus back to the airport, and they even encouraged me to have a quick beer to calm my nerves after learning that my item had not been found. Service means going the extra mile for the client and this hotel does it. I know the place to stay in DC if I want a 5 star experience. Residence Inn Pentagon City is the place.

Room Tip: Get 501 -- great view of the capitol
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tanksmon

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Staff was awesome and very helpful!! Especially Edgar (I think, if I remember it right) who checked us in. Location is great when visiting DC, very close to everything! It was clean and breakfast was good. I'd definitely come back and stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. I am happy that you were so pleased with our hotel. I will pass on your thanks to Edgar!!! I hope to welcome you back when yor travels bring you to our area again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel while visiting DC. This hotel was really clean and the staff was excellent. It was a 5 minute walk to the metro from the hotel. The breakfast was great and fully stocked. Monday-Wednesday they had a light dinner. We ate there twice. Saved us money on dinner. I have two issues. When we checked in we were given a handicapped room. They didn't tell us. We went back to the desk and were able to change rooms. Also new room on level 10 facing the Pentagon. Great view, but could here street noise and elevator noise. I would come back, but request a room not facing the street and not near the elevator.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patty N

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at this Residence Inn because my husband had stayed here before. What can I say other than it was the best hotel on our entire trip! The management was completely on top of all operations in this hotel. The breakfast (that was included in the price) was great. We ate there every morning and were completely satisfied. The evening socials and dinner provided were excellent also. We did not partake in the alcohol, but the food was better than average and way beyond what we thought it would be. Rooms were clean and the housekeeping was great. The view of the Pentagon is worth the few extra dollars because wow, what a view! One of the best things is the location to the Metro station and the mall. We walked numerous places and didn't think it was too far from anything. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 15th floor with a Pentagon view. Excellent view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
gpwee738, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor, I could not have said it better myself.