“hospitalty at Virginian Suites”

Virginian Suites Arlington
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed at this former apartment house, turned hotel, over the years and have never been disappointed. Every suite has full kitchen facilities. It is always clean and well tended, with a very motivated staff. Location is super with DC Metro about 10 minutes walk. In addition, there is a very attractive outdoor pool in season. For the price plus amenities, it would be very difficult to match this home away from home.
Recently, I inadvertently left some clothing in a bureau drawer after checkout, which was promptly mailed to my address.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Alan K
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Mr. Alan K,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Virginian Suites and for being a loyal guest. Making you feel at home is one of our main goals, so I am delighted to hear that you consider us your home away from home! It makes me even happier to hear that the friendliness of our staff, our convenient location, the cleanliness of our suites, the price and our amenities have contributed towards that.
Please contact me directly with any future reservations so that my team and I can make sure your stay is perfect every single time.

On behalf of everyone here at the Virginian Suites, we look forward to your next visit from New York!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

First impression was awesome, feels like a second home. The staff are very courteous and professional.Friendly shuttle drivers who are willing to accommodate your schedule and guide you when you need directions, also suggest places of interest even though it is not part of their duties. On the whole they are a wonderful team that provide superior service.

Room Tip: Room # 818 is my favorite.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Paa Kofi B

Dear Paa Kofi B,
Thank you for staying with us and for providing us with this great feedback. Our staff at the Virginian Suites is one of the main factors that sets us apart from other hotels. We work very hard to provide our guests with superior service and it feels great when we receive compliments on the curtesy and proffesionalism of our team.

Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return visit from Ghana!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a wonderful hotel to stay in while traveling. My room was very clean and spacious. The staff here is very helpful with great attitudes. I would reccomend this hotel before any other hotel here. Great customer service is a plus.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Lovely1983

Lovely1983,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am delighted to hear that not only you had a great stay with us, but you would also recomend us to your friends and family. I really apreciate your positive comments about our staff and the cleanliness and spaciousness of our suites.

Thank you again for this great feedback and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Great place to stay with family. Seems like used to be apartments & now converted to hotel. Spacious rooms w/ kitchen, dining area, living room area, & separate bedroom. Nice if you want to be away from kids. Sofabed in LR. Bathrooms are small though. Convenient shuttle to Metro, but can walk it if you like. Convenient to D.C., surrounding attractions, and within walking distance to local restaurants & convenience stores. Was a confusing to locate by GPS, which took me to locked back door entrance. Wished we could've enjoyed the pool but too tired from touring D.C. Would definitely stay here again and would stay longer to enjoy Arlington.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for exactly what type of bed you want, i.e. King, Queens, or doubles. Suites are...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Baddboyzmom

Baddboyzmom,

Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your feedback. You are right, we used to be an apartment building and the spaciousness of the suites with the full sized kitchens sure do give that away. I appreciate your positive comments about our convenient location and the complimentary shuttle.
We would love to have you stay with us again. Please contact me directly with any future reservations so that my team and I can ensure your next stay with us is as comfortable and relaxing as possible.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Very good size room, with lots of space for a family of four. I had a booking for 2 queen beds, and after checking-in, I discovered it was 2 double beds. After making a complaint at the front desk, the supervisor, Eda, was very good at her job in making the customer happy. She upgraded me to a bigger and better room at the same rates.

The location to the metro is ideal, just a 5 minute walk and the shuttle service provided by the hotel is every 15 minutes from Mon to Fri. Getting to Washington was very convenient.

The only thing that was not good is the air-conditioner. It wasn't cool enough and made the room stuffy. I had no choice but to leave the windows opened even though it was cold outside.

Overall, a comfortable stay and I would return again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank C L

Dear C L,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review the Virginian Suites. My team and I work very hard to meet and exceed you expectations so I am very glad I was able to place you in a bigger and better room! I appreciate your comments about our complimentary shuttle to and from the metro station. It is very convenient if you don't feel like walking to the metro. We also take you grocery shopping Monday-Friday at 6PM (to Safeway and Whole Foods). Having a full kitchen can save a family of four a lot of money when visiting the DC area.
Please contact me directly with any future reservations so that I can make sure your next stay if flawless!

On behalf of everyone here at the Virginian Suites, we look forward to your next visit from Canada!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This hotel met our needs 100%. We where looking for a nice room, with space to sit and chill, as well as a Kitchenette. Cleanliness and maintenance are huge for us, so this was another factor to take into consideration when choosing this hotel. If you are looking for a hip, downtown hotel, with bar and restaurant, this is not a choice. This is a hotel for extended stays or families (and couples) who want to save money by cooking meals in the room and enjoy time down in their room. The Metro station is walking distance, and if you prefer not to walk, the hotel offers a great shuttle service to and from. As well, there is a Metro us route right in front of the hotel. The Rosslyn area has restaurants, supermarkets and services, plus the Metro station is a hub where you can take the Subway, MetroBus and Circulator. The hotel also offers supermarket runs with their shuttle every day, a plus if you do not want to walk with all the bags of grocery for 10 minutes.
The staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs, really providing exceptional customer service. I liked the complementary coffee and tea service in the lobby and evening cookies. The hotel is clean and well maintained. It is an older building, but you can see they have kept on top of the improvements. The room was spacious, very clean, fully serviced and comfortable.
I recommend it for a very budget friendly stay in the DC area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Arepa3000

Arepa3000,
Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review. I am delighted to hear that we met your needs 100%! I also appreciate your positive comments about our housekeeping and maintenance staff, the convenience of our location, the spaciousness of our suites and the attentiveness of our staff.
Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit from Toronto.

Warmest Wishes,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Good location, plenty of space, great staff, free shuttle to subway, fully equipped kitchen, simple breakfast, which you do not really need since you have kitchen. I would stay there again. Great for families. Small things like tea and coffee and oranges/apples in the lobby made our stay very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Igorek007
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Igorek007, Thank you so much for this excellent review! I am delighted to hear that we not only met, but also exceeded you expectations.
On behalf of all of us here at the Virginian Suites, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.