“Great hotel. Great staff. Great rates. Would stay there again.”

Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
“Great hotel. Great staff. Great rates. Would stay there again.”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed at the hotel after we missed our flight. It is literally less than 3 min from the airport and only a few minutes from the historical district of DC. Mawia - the shuttle driver was amazing. His service was outstanding! Similar to that of the front desk staff on arrival. She was great. We felt comfortable, welcome, had lots of space and were well taken care of. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting DC.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Avanze1
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Avanze1-

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us via Tripadvisor. It is never a pleasant experience to have a flight delay. I'm glad that we were able to take care of you during your unexpected stayover. Mawia is a wonderful employee and takes great care and pride in his job as an airport shuttle driver. I'll be sure to share your comments with him and his direct manager. As you noted, we are a quick trip from the terminal buildings at Washington's Reagan National Airport. Our shuttles make regular trips throughout the day to assist our guests in getting to the hotel quickly. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Pros: comfortable beds and seating; lots of workspace in the room; decent wireless access; nice workout room; Target and other stores just 1 mile south.
Cons: maid service arrives quite late in the day; the hot tub was closed for repairs; the view is of other hotels and an overgrown empty lot the size of a city block.
Overall - useful for adult travelers; not the best place for a family, even if there is a pool. The staff were friendly and tried hard, but their competence was of varying quality.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Vivianne G
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Hotel is great for business trips and for a quieter hotel. Starbucks in house and a great bistro at reasonable prices. Full service bar is a little pricey but adequate.

I will say that the housekeeping management is top notch! I left my suit jacket there and they found it and shipped to my house with no questions asked! That's what I call great service.

My room was a bit too bright beacause there were no darkening shades or blinds to pull.

Overall a great hotel and lives up to the quality Marriott brand. The staff were also very cordial and helpful.

• Stayed January 2012
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear 2007 JHtravelers-
Thank you for staying with us recently and filing a survey with TripAdvisor. Your positive comments are much appreciated. As a note, we do have black out draperies behind the set of sheer window treatments that can be pulled to darken the room. I'm sorry you had difficulty locating this set of draperies which could have made your sleeping experience even better.
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Unfortunately, I have to give a mixed review for this hotel. We got both extremes during our stay, from exceptionally great to exceptionally terrible service.

I had to travel to DC for business and since it was our anniversary, my husband and I decided to leave a couple of days early and have little mini-vacation with our 7 month old. My husband made the reservation at the XX. He also mentioned it was our anniversary. When we checked in, we discovered they bumped us up to a suite at no charge and on our bed was a large box of chocolates and sweet “Happy Anniversary” card from the staff. It was a very nice touch. The card was a nice card too – not hotel stationary or anything. I’d never experienced that and thought it was exceptional. The suite was fantastic with the baby. There was plenty of room for him to crawl around. Also, we could tuck his crib away in the kitchen so he was a bit separated from us. They needed a reminder to bring the crib up as it wasn’t there when we first arrived. Actually, it was a pack-n-play, which I prefer to a crib. The lobby and restaurant are very nicely decorated. We grabbed a quick dinner there and sat in a private booth with our own television. Food was fine – nothing great, but it filled us up and the price wasn’t too bad.

We were under the impression that the hotel was walking distance from the Metro. It is not. It’s nearly a mile walk, which we were not going to do in January temperatures with a baby in a stroller. They do provide a shuttle service to/from the Metro (also to/from DCA). The distance made getting out and about a bit more challenging. Next time we are in DC, we would prefer to stay closer to a Metro stop.

When we got back from a day of sightseeing we were very disappointed to find that our room had not been serviced. The front desk staff apologized, but offered no explanation. That night – our second and last – we were just drifting off to sleep, after 12:00 AM, when someone attempted to get into our room. They used a key, that worked! We were so thankful we had the deadbolt set. Of course, we were frightened and frustrated. We called the front desk and sure enough, they had given our room to someone else. They seemed surprised when we requested new keys – my husband had to explain that we were concerned that strangers now had access to our room and it was a safety concern to get a new key issued. The next morning, when we checked out, I shared my frustration over the incident with the desk staff. I got the obnoxious shrug of the shoulders and “Well, it didn’t happen on my shift” excuse.

So, some of the staff members at this hotel are amazing and deserve a promotion! While others should probably find a new line of work. If you plan to stay here, pray you get the first group!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 480Momma
Dear Guest-
Please accept my apology disturbance you had when another guest tried to enter your room during your stay and the poor response you got from the desk associate when you departed. We have taken appropriate action with the staff members involved to address the situation. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need additional follow up. I can be reached at philip.smith@marriott.com
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stayed at the Courtyard for 4 nights during Fall Break in October. The location is good for flying in/out of DCA & wanting to explore all the sights in DC. The shuttle to the Metro was a convenient option since it's a bit of a walk. It’s only about a 10-15 min metro ride into the Mall area. We did walk to the Metro a couple times in the morning but after a full day in DC, it was nice to call the hotel for the shuttle at night. The front desk area looks like it's been recently updated. The rooms were clean & pretty standard Courtyard rooms. The price we paid for the long weekend was unbeatable in the DC area, making it an excellent value for this hotel level. There is free wireless internet but it was pretty slow during the evenings. There are many hotels in this area but we were really happy we chose the Courtyard & we would book again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank RedCyclone02
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 30 November 2011

As a regular Marriott customer, I was underwhelmed on a recent stay at Courtyard Arlington. Rooms are just OK; staff is usually difficult to find; long way to Metro. There are plenty of great hotel in CC to stay here--look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. I'd be more than happy to discuss your specific concerns about the rooms and staffing of the hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at cy.wasct.gm@marriott.com

Philip Smith
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I stayed at the Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport for two nights last weekend while attending a convention that took place next door at the Hyatt - the Courtyard offered a much better deal ($109/night vs. $169/night at the Hyatt) and was able to deliver two double beds as booked for two adults which the Hyatt had been unable to do in the past when I stayed there and had to share a king with my friend even though I had made my reservation very far in advance.

They Courtyard also offer free wifi access rather than charging extra which also saved us some $ as we are definitely internet junkies.

This hotel is nicely decorated with a very attractive lobby and food/coffee bar area in a snazzy modern look; the grand staircase made a wonderful backdrop for many photo shoots by convention goers.

Our room was clean and comfortable, the beds were super comfy, I love those Marriott beds!

Staff were helpful and we were able to easily get a free shuttle to the airport when we checked out. Overall I definitely recommend the Courtyard and would stay here again if back in Crystal City!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sistinas138
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank you for your feedback on your experience at Courtyard Crystal City during your recent convention hosted by our nieghbors at Hyatt. I'm glad you found the hotel to be a good value and that we were here to assist you with your needs during your stay. If I can be of additional assistance, please feel free to email me at cy.wasct.gm@marriott.com

Philip Smith