I moved to this hotel after a disasterous night at another hotel. So I was happy to arrive. Fabulous front desk people. Throughout my stay they were the best.
Comfortable room, safe building, happy to be there.
Now the downsides:
1. Parking is $25/day. In no way inexpensive and they do not tell you ahead of time that you must first check in, get a note and then park in the garage. This would be helpful information.
2. The swimming pool is really a tiny pond. It is 3 feet deep on the shallow end and 4 feet deep on the deep end. Also, access is by ladder only---one has treads, one does not and is very slippery. It is apparently not heated and you must walk through a meeting area and workout room to get to it. I was very disappointed.
3. The free shuttle to and from the Metro has shorter hours on the weekend and on Sunday came one hour after I had called the front desk 3 times. I was most unhappy that there was no apology and I was waiting alone in a part of town that is fairly deserted on a Sunday evening. Even after writing to Marriott while staying there I received a "sorry we did not meet your expectations" note from the manager but no real apology.
4. The restaurant is really not a restaurant. Very odd configuration. Seems to have been done to save money.
I would consider staying here again if I needed only the room. But I wouldn't bring a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in vibrant Arlington, VA the Courtyard Reagan National Airport Hotel offers ideal accommodations for vacations and business trips alike. This hotel in Crystal City is only half a mile away from DCA Airport and with complimentary shuttle service to the Crystal City Metro Rail Station, the tourist attractions in and around Washington, DC are at guests' fingertips. The hotel is also just minutes to area businesses and government agencies, including the Pentagon, PBS, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and IBM. Amenities at this Crystal City, VA hotel include a redesigned lobby with flexible work spaces, free Wi-Fi and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The Bistro provides enhanced food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Enjoy comfortable accommodations with flat screen TVs and luxurious Marriott bedding. Break away from business as usual at the Courtyard Arlington Crystal City Reagan Airport (DCA) Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Arlington Marriott
- Arlington Courtyard