Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport
Ranked #31 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I moved to this hotel after a disasterous night at another hotel. So I was happy to arrive. Fabulous front desk people. Throughout my stay they were the best.

Comfortable room, safe building, happy to be there.
Now the downsides:

1. Parking is $25/day. In no way inexpensive and they do not tell you ahead of time that you must first check in, get a note and then park in the garage. This would be helpful information.

2. The swimming pool is really a tiny pond. It is 3 feet deep on the shallow end and 4 feet deep on the deep end. Also, access is by ladder only---one has treads, one does not and is very slippery. It is apparently not heated and you must walk through a meeting area and workout room to get to it. I was very disappointed.

3. The free shuttle to and from the Metro has shorter hours on the weekend and on Sunday came one hour after I had called the front desk 3 times. I was most unhappy that there was no apology and I was waiting alone in a part of town that is fairly deserted on a Sunday evening. Even after writing to Marriott while staying there I received a "sorry we did not meet your expectations" note from the manager but no real apology.

4. The restaurant is really not a restaurant. Very odd configuration. Seems to have been done to save money.

I would consider staying here again if I needed only the room. But I wouldn't bring a car.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ann G
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us Ann. I am happy that you stated we had fabulous front desk associates, Service is our number one priority. The price for parking is listed on our website and on a sign at the front desk, my apologies if it was no brought to your attention and lower than most hotels in the area.

Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations while you were with us. We would love for you to stay with us in the future and enjoy all the benefits we have to offer.

Chris Zanzano - General Manager

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I remember when going to a Marriott property was a good experience. What has happened? I know this is a sub-brand, but if Marriott is going to put their name on it, they own it. This hotel is in need of a remodel. The rooms are old and the bathroom was nasty. The air vent was covered in black stuff. Lint or mold??? The elevators were so slow you usually waited up to ten minutes for one. I think it is time to give up on Marriotts.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations while you were with us. We take great pride in providing accomidations for our guests with outstanding service. If you have the time please call me at the hotel so I can better understand your experience and inspect the room you stayed in. The hotels phone number is 703-549-3434.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel was clean and conveniently located, but the elevator situation was terrible. It appeared only 1 was working and it took nearly 10 minutes to get to or from the room. Awful! The gate to the parking was unreliable as well. We would not stay there again. My husband is a frequent marriott traveler and said it was the worst he had been to.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Kemah,

Please accept my apologies for the elevator situation. Please know that we called to have the elevator fixed the second it happened. I understand that it casued you to wait nearly 10 minutes to wait for an elevator and it was not something that we could have prevented from happening. The elevators are fixed and running great. Please reconsider returing to our property for another visit. We would love to have you again as our guests.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were in Arlington for our first visit to Washington and from the moment we entered the Hotel we felt like we had come home. The staff were welcoming friendly and helpful especially Nicaise the desk clerk who met us with a smile that lit up the room and with such a relaxed manner that we easily put the long drive behind us. The room was clean comfortable and well appointed. We are already planning our return trip to Washington for a longer stay and with this same hotel. The Metro is a short less than 10 minutes away and very easy to navigate to the downtown and all the sites.

1  Thank FABBASS

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am very and pleased that Nicaise was able to make you feel at home and enjoy your stay with us. Hope you had great weather while touring DC. We are looking forward to your next visit also.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I staed at this hotel because it was very close to the airport. My husband did the reservation under his name and he was out of town so I went to check in. When I told them the name of the reservation and they asked for my ID because I haven't changed my name they would not let me check in. They told me all I had to do is give my husband the front desk number and for him to call and give authorization for me to check in. I called him to give him the details and he asked to speak to the front desk clerck on my phone and the phone desk clerk said that he had to call himself the front desk and he could not take the phone. My husband tried calling several times and he could not get patched through and he called me back and asked again to speak to the front desk clerk and again he said he had to call the front desk himself again. After almost of an hour of trying to get ahold of them I was able to check in.

That night we went to bed early due to a 7am flight and at 2:00am in the morning the people across the hall started banging on their door and screaming.

Needless to say, we will not stay here again.

To our Valued Guest,
Please accpet my apologies for the delay with your check-in at our hotel. Although it should not have taken an hour to check-in, we do follow our policies for the safey of all our guests. We do encourage all our guests to keep noise down in rooms. We have front desk associates on property 24 hours a day. Please contact them for any assistance to help make your stay a great one.

Thank you and I hope you reconsider your choice to stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My stay at the Courtyard bean with three very frustrating calls to the front desk, inquiring about the transportation from the metro station to the hotel. I was put on hold THREE different time and had to hang up for two of the times. There were people waiting for the shuttle at the Crystal City metro station for a half hour. I had to wait about 25 minutes, after having been told that the shuttle was on it's way twenty minutes before. As a customer, I don't appreciate being told to hold on because there was a customer at the desk.

Upon my arrival, I entered a beautifully appointed room with a large sofa, a huge bed, a big bathroom at large screen tv. The lobby area and restaurant area are huge and very nicely done with all types of mini lounges that spread throughout the first floor. That was very pleasant.

For the price that I paid for the room, this hotel is a steal, however, the problems with the shuttle and metro might make me think twice about staying here.

As someone who went to Courtyards for many years, the one nice thing was that there was fresh coffee all day at no charge. Mariott seems to have put an end to that great service. That is very disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank FRANKRAFFA
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for putting you on hold and delayed shuttle runs to and from the Metro station. This is clearly not the service we intend to provide to any of our guests. Your feedback allows the hotel to uncover areas of improvement and will focus on them. I am happy that the room, location, and public space exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We spent one night at this hotel specifically because of its location as it is very close to Ronald Reagan National Airport in Washington and we had a flight at 6:00 in the morning. The hotel provides a free shuttle service to the airport between specific hours, but can arrange for a taxi to the airport (at a fee).

This hotel is reasonably priced. The rooms were spacious and we had two double beds in our room with a bar fridge. The bar fridge was not very cold and it took very long for our room-temperature water to cool down. The coffee machine was located in the bathroom which we found slightly strange. No milk/creamer was provided for coffee. The TV worked well as did the air conditioner.

The beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. The bathroom was showing signs of a lack of maintenance and appeared outdated.

There is a coffee shop/restaurant on the ground floor and a swimming pool on the second floor. There is a small shop selling snacks right next to the reception area. There is a Macdonalds not far from the hotel.

The staff was friendly. Check-in and out was fast and efficient. We will stay here again if we have to fly from Ronald Reagan airport so early in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a great review of your stay with us. I am happy that your check-in experice was fast and your room was spacious. I will have my engineer fix or replace the frig. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.