“Nice, but no personality...”

Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is a nice upscale hotel. Everything clean, new, impressive. It just didn't move me. I stayed here on a Saturday night because I was attending an event at the hotel. I screwed myself because I had booked a room for $71 but canceled it for a room at the Hampton Inn down the street for the same price but a cheaper parking rate ($15/day - the Hilton is $24/day). Then I realized that I would have to drive to the Hilton and pay the $24 after paying the $15. By the time I went to rebook at the Hilton there were no more guest rooms available because of the event. Only executive rooms on the 10th floor were available for $114/night. So I tried to compare the two but the only difference I found was free breakfast that was only available M-F, cocktails and snacks which were available for an additional charge, and a bathrobe in the room. So I called the hotel to ask them what the difference was and they told me that the breakfast had been extended to weekends and I would get that.

Well on Sunday morning I was informed that because I had received the AAA discount I would not be eligible for the free breakfast. The bathrobe was some type of waffle fabric, not a nice thirsty terry fabric, too small and looked like it had been laundered many, many times. There was no microwave and I have NEVER seen a refrigerator that small . You were forced to buy snacks from the lounge because there were only sodas available on the floors, but the lounge closed at 11pm.

I am still trying to figure out what makes this executive floor different other than a higher price. This hotel has a nice lounge and lobby and I guess bars, etc. but no personality at all. Pets are welcome but with a $75 non-refundable pet fee. The internet is $12.95 per night in the guest rooms. I just knew that it would be included in the executive room--no chance! I guess executives can appreciate this but I will never be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I was a little apprehensive due to previous comments. The staff were very accommodating. I was coming to DC to see my boyfriend for Christmas. The room was nice(stayed on the executive level at a great rate). The service was prompt in spite of a being a holiday. I would go back. I just didn't like the parking lot- too many low hanging pipes, not clear directions to elevator or exit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Can't win them all. Sometime, we find staffs not well trained. Upon checking-in, we were disallowed to park our car in the garage for 10 minutes but was told there was a $24/day charge added to the room once the garage was used. After having left my car overnight, another agent at the front desk said there was also an hourly rate of $8/hr with $24 max for a day.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton Crystal City on numerous occasions and I have never been disappointed.
Our company has used the hotel for several years for our group tour clients. From the sales staff to banquets, from the front desk staff to housekeeping this is a team that works together to provide excellent service.
The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The hotel is in a perfect location for dining and is very convenient to the Metro.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Ed D:

Thank you for taking time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport. The feedback from our guests and clients is very important as it allows us to continually improve our operations.

Thank you for your kind words on our hotel. We do feel with have a great location and an even better service team. Everyone here understands that we have our jobs for one reason---- our great guests.

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and it is great to read that you have visited with us on several occasions. We hope to continue seeing you and certainly are here to help with any special needs you may have, Feel free to call on me or any of our staff members at any time.

Thank you again for your great comments.

Safe travels,

Harold Bassler

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I last reviewed this property in May 2013, when it was still in the middle of refurbishment. I stayed there twice since then, in October and early December, and can give an update: The lobby has been brought thoroughly up to date, with a reconfigured bar and comfortable cafeteria to the left of the check-in desk. The Executive Lounge, relocated on the Mezzanine, is spacious and has some of the best appetizers and even soups of any of the Eastern Seaboard lounges among the Hilton brands. Like all hotels, the room prices are market-sensitive and vary significantly from week to week.In general, the Hilton CC beats its DC-located counterparts in price. Less variable is the quality service and excellent location, making the hotel convenient for central DC and for Arlington.

Room Tip: Most rooms are quiet, although the a/c-heater in some rooms is noisier than others, perhaps the resu...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Hilton near Reagan National Airport in Virginia. The hotel was very clean, comfortable and reasonable. The staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. We give this Hilton high marks for our positive experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel is conveniently located neer company facilities, downtown DC, and Reagan Airport. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff in the executive lounge is great and make you feel welcome and appreciated. This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Joseph P:

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport. We do value the feedback from our guests as we continually look to improve on our product and services.

I do appreciate your kind words on our team here at the Hilton along with the positive feedback on our product. We do have a great group of service oriented individuals who enjoy what they do. Our executive lounge staff is especially talented, as you noted.

Thank you again for the great review. We hope to see you again very soon!

Safe travels,