“Very nice hotel and extremely close to the airport, small but nice rooms”

Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This property has a very nice bar, and the check-in experience was friendly and efficient. They recognized my Hilton Honors status with a gift. In addition, if you're Hilton Honors, they have a Tuesday night reception plus access to the Executive Lounge with some nice refreshments.

The room was small, and the heating/ac unit noisy. It seemed to have two basic settings: full blast and off. At full blast the sound was overwhelming with some mechanical rattling, off was nice but that area has a lot of sirens running down the street 24/7.

The airport transportation was great. The free toiletries provided in the room were of high quality and a nice add. I toured the pool and exercise area and it looked very nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,013)

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here only because of the brand and the precieved location. I have stayed in better motels in southern California then this Hillton. I really picked this because, I have stayed in some great Hillton hotels, but this one needs more then some remodeling.

Room:
I stayed in a double queen facing the street. It sounded as though there was no window at all. I was up all night before my meeting listening to the fire department and heavy traffic. The floor almost felt as soft as bed. The iron did not work (though they did replace it). There was no paper pad to write notes on, just a little post-it note despensor. The bathroom was literally a watercloset. AC/heat unit was exsessively loud and was creating a thick air that irritated my throat had a odd smell I could not place. The room was either freezing cold (due to the imaginary windows), or exsessively hot (due to the puggnent air it was blowing all night). By the way, shipping trucks start unloading at 4:30AM, I can hear them now. My bathroom had some sort of open peep-hole in the ceiling, I corked it with a towel...The cordless phone looks like it was picked up at my great-grandparents garrage sale.

Just serriously not impressed with as much as this room cost and disgusted with my lack of sleep. I will ask for another room or I will have to leave this hotel to get some sleep. There are others very close by and all around the same price.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank RogerThatRoger
Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Rogerthatroger:

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport. We do appreciate the feedback from our guests as we continue to improve our product and service.

I am very sorry that we were not able to provide the level of service that you expected. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. While I know this is not a typical situation, I regret that it was your experience with our hotel.

I would certainly like to invite you back to visit with us again during your next trip to the area. Please feel free to contact me directly as I would be pleased to personally arrange your accommodations. I know that our team can work to provide you with an awesome stay.

Again, I thank you for taking your time to post and I hope to hear from you regarding a future stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Very nice hotel. Our problems were noise and inefficient bar service as well as Internet being down but that can happen anywhere and they did reimburse our bill for that service. The area is quite good for travel into DC and restaurants nearby with great menus.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I was pleased with my stay at the Hilton. The hotel lobby was nicely decorated for the holiday season. My room was comfortable and quiet, with a great view. I appreciated the free, convenient shuttle to the airport for my early morning flight.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Went for an annual "Holiday Ball" and had a great time. Staff was polite and very accommodating! The hotel was beautifully decorated for the holiday season. I will be going back and recommend others to this location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Joyce B:

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay ay the Hilton Crystal City. I do appreciate your time in posting as your feedback is very valuable to the hotel team.

I sincerely appreciate your kind comments. We do have a great team of associates who are committed to hospitality. I am very proud of the work they do.

Thank you again for your great post. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The cleanliness and the personalized service from the employees were truly FIRST CLASS. I was there with a group and the flow of things from check in to check out went smoothly. Rooms were very clean and very nice.. Great Hotel...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Outside of the pay to watch television, all went well. It might be best to get a room close to the ground level if the hotel is full. The elevators are not the quickest way to travel. We were there for a Saturday night event, and it is a bit too much to get the elevators to transport that many people at that given time. It looks there is only elevators on 1 side of the building.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kenneth B:

Thank you for taking your time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport. We do appreciate your feedback as it allows us to constantly improve our service and product.

I apologize for any wait you may have had on the elevators. I know that on occasion when we have a large group arrival, there may be a wait. This is not typical, but I understand can be frustrating when it does happen.

I was so pleased with your great rating of our hotel. We have recently completed and extensive renovation and now have a great "new product."

Thank you again for taking your time to post a review. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Safe travels,