Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport
Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Cayman Islands
“Conference trip”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel previously and it is a good hotel. I got upgraded to a x04 room which was awesome for the second piece of my stay. The area has some great restaurants within walking distance and you can get to the metrostop 80% inside the shopping mall, other than the first piece - alternatively the shuttle will drop you off. Great employees there in the executive lounge and front desk, David was great! From the outside it is an aged hotel and in some rooms the bathrooms are small but they are clean, bed is comfy and the interent is fast. The elevators are a little slow if there are a great number of check outs or a group checking in as only 3 on property. I would stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear CaymanGreg:

Thank you for taking time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. The feedback from our guests is essential as we continue to work to improve both our service and product.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and always a pleasure to hear from a repeat guest. Our location is exceptional and our top to bottom renovation has transformed our hotel.

I certainly appreciate your loyalty and sincerely hope we will see you again in the very near future. Thank you again for the post.

Safe travels.

Harold Bassler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Washington, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great motel and service. Close to many places to eat. Walking distance to the Metro; 4-5 blocks. The drivers of the van are wonderful if you want a ride! I will be staying again! Good Value! I would advise not to stay on the first floor because you will find that the internet service is not good and there is a roof on this level next you your window that makes for loud conversations of workers and a feeling of awkwardness if you open your curtain and find yourself looking eye to eye with someone!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Tim K:

Thank you for taking time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. We sincerely appreciate the feedback from our guests as it assists us in improving both our service and product.

I enjoyed reading your review and am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel has an outstanding location and there is a lot going on in the Crystal City area. Our top to bottom renovation has created an exciting new product for our guests to enjoy.

Thank you again for taking your time to post. I hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Safe travels,

Fayetteville, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have nothing to compare this hotel to. It is my first stay in the area. As anyone can tell you, the cost of living in the area is exorbitant and hotel prices reflect that. The closer to the attractions, the higher the already excessive price. The Hilton was close enough to everything that it offered shuttles to the main distribution points or attractions. The quality was also reflected in the price. I thought the amenities, furnishings, etc. were commensurate with the price--(definitely 4 stars) elegantly appointed, details were attended to--no peeling wallpaper, no dirt in the corners, etc. The staff was efficient and helpful. The breakfast was hot and varied, offering healthy and/or traditional options. The only indicator of age for the facility was the elevator. It had a default to stop at the lobby, regardless of whether you didn't select the stop or no one else summoned it from the lobby. It also lacked the safety features commonly found in elevators. The doors have the time-out for being held open but most modern doors will pop back open when something is inserted between them. These DID NOT. A woman almost lost her arm when she put her arm in, thinking she would get the doors to re-open. Scary! Overall, I would recommend the hotel. It had everything I would want--nice facility, nice amenities, efficient staff, on-site (if expensive) parking and access to all the major attractions provided.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel is the OLD Stoffers Hotel that was bought by Hilton years ago. The rooms and bathrooms are tiny and the walls are very thin. The systems (HVAC) are old and noisy and the water pressure and temperature fluctuate at an unpredictable and annoying rate. Top this off with the usual DC price gouge for a completely dissatisfying experience. There are several newer hotels in the area. If staying in the area, I suggest you shop around.

Room Tip: Request the Clark St side (odd numbers). The other side is adjacent to a noticeably noisy highway.
Dear Alimentod:

Thank you for your post regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. We do appreciate the feedback from our guests as it helps us to continually improve our product and service.

I regret that you did not enjoy your time with us. Our goal is to always exceed the expectations of our guests. Our recent top to bottom renovation of the entire facility has be extremely well received.

Please again accept my apology for the challenges you encountered. I hope that you will visit us again in the future. Please feel free to call on me directly to assist you with the arrangements. I know that we can provide a stay that will exceed your expectations.

Best regards,

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 April 2014

stayed here before an early flight out of DCA. rooms are nice, very nice shower. good customer service. restaurants and watering holes within walking distance. Biggest executive lounge i have seen at a Hilton.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 April 2014

As usual, I asked for a room away from the elevators. They obliged, by putting me far away from the guest elevators - and right next to a service elevator. That elevator ran constantly from 5am 'til midnight.

As for the guest elevators, there are only three, and as I arrived, the fire department was there, evidently revoking the permit for one of them. That translated into minimum 5-minute waits each way between the meeting room and my accommodation.

The room was otherwise typical.

Room Tip: Be specific. Ask them to put you far away from both the guest and service elevators.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Oceansmith:

Thank you for your recent post regarding your stay at the Hilton Crystal City. We do appreciate the feedback from our guests as it helps us to continue to focus on improving both our service and product. I certainly apologize for the issues you encountered with the elevators.

We have recently completed some upgrades to the elevator cars for faster performance. This did necessitate taking one car out of service for a few days. Before placing the car back in service it must be properly inspected. I regret that this did take place during your stay.

We do focus on constantly improving the guest experience. Unfortunately this can create short term challenges. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Thank you again for your post.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is a typical corporate chain-style hotel with nice amenities, new furnishings, plenty of electrical outlets, very clean and a great bed. BUT there is no way to open the windows to get fresh air, nor does the air conditioner allow for fresh air intake. The result is an oppressive feeling of stuffiness in the room and hallways.

This reminds me of "sick building syndrome" of some office buildings I've worked in.

Otherwise this is a fine hotel, located near Washington's National Airport (DCA). Easy drive into the city, as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Jjtko:

Thank you for taking your time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. We do value feedback from our guests as it does help us perfect service and our product.

Thank you for your great description of our hotel. We do think that the new renovation of the entire facility has added much to what we offer. I do regret that you felt a bit "stuffy" while staying with us. I hope this did not detract too much from your stay.

Thank you again for your post. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Safe travels,