“Don't Take the Shuttle”

Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Staff interaction with shuttle request - When I booked my reservation, I was not made aware that I had to call for pickup from airport. Other hotels did regular pickup but this hotel requires a telephone call. - I went out on the first evening and walked to the FedEx Office but didn't realize the store closed at 11pm and the store manager left out when I did leaving me out after dark without a ride. I called (spoke to a female front desk staff member) and requested a shuttle pickup and told the front desk staff that I was uncomfortable standing on the corner after 11pm at night when everything was closed so I would walk and stay on Crystal Drive until I see the shuttle. I described what I was wearing. After more than 30 minutes, the shuttle had not come and I was in an area of Crystal City that was not familiar to me and I was very concerned. I called again (spoke to a male) and he said he was not aware of the earlier request. I screamed in the phone to send someone for me and I was scared. I had to walk a block and a half to find street signs to give the cross street info to the man on the phone. He stayed on the phone until the shuttle came. The shuttle driver stated he was never told to pick me up. - On the next morning (7/12/14), I took the shuttle to the Crystal City Metro Station. The driver gave me his card to call when I was ready to be picked up. At approximately 3:45pm I arrived back at the Metro station and I called and requested a shuttle pickup. I waited 42 minutes with no pickup and two additional telephone calls. I was finally picked up by the Marriott shuttle whose driver noticed me on 3 or 4 of his cycles past the Metro station and was concerned for me sitting in the heat. He offered me cold water and his card for future pickups and drop offs. It's sad that the Marriott hotel treated me better than the Hilton where I was paying.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Felicia S
Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Felicia S:

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here this past weekend for my Sorority's bi-annual conference. Upon check-in, it was very quick and smooth. We decided to pay in cash, which was must easier. The incidental hold amount is $100 for the length of our stay, as opposed to $50/day being held on my credit card. And I got the deposit back immediately upon check out.
The rooms were very nice. There was no pool, which closed a month prior. They have a free shuttle to/from the airport. Which I might add is literally 5 minutes away.
The beds are so comfortable. The flatscreen tv made me feel right at home.
There is plenty of shopping within walking distance. A few eateries as well. Chili's is right across the street. As well as a seafood restaurant. There is a CVS right across the street also.
There is no continental breakfast, but a marketplace store downstairs. The prices are comparable to the airport. Go to CVS for snacks.

It will cost you about $20 in cab fare to Metro DC. But it nice property and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Good location. Next to a subway - free shuttle to and from the subway upon request. Be careful though because if your flight arrives after 1045pm (mine did) the shuttle will not be available and you'll have a ~$25 - 5 mine ride from the airport. Executive lounge had decent food but no happy hour from my recollection. Rooms were very dark and outdated. Overall it's a good place a crash if you're on a budget or need a hotel by the airport. There are also lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance which was great! Don't bring any leftovers or anything you'll need to warm up. I wanted to heat up a cake from across the street and the kitchen turned me away because of a wedding function (which had ended by that time).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BellaRosita:

Thank you for your post on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. We do value the feedback from our guests as we work to continually improve both service and our product.

Our goal is to provide the highest level of service possible to our great guests. We thank you for your comments. It appears you did have the opportunity to enjoy many parts of the hotels and visit our various outlets. Your thoughts will be shared with our entire management team.

Thank you again for your time and we sincerely hope to see you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Hilton Crystal City was a very nice hotel for our recent family trip to Washington DC. Only 3 blocks from the Crystal City Metro station, and very close to DCA airport. The accomodations were satisfactory. Plenty of restaurants to choose from near the hotel, and the Executive lounge for breakfast was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here for the 4th of July weekend and couldn't have been more pleased. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Location was great, not more than 3 blocks from the Metro, and many dining options. If you're looking for a place to stay and not break the bank, I recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachael C
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Check in a group of 100+ people, feed them individually or as a group, bed them down, and let them have the run of the place. The hotel is close enough to downtown D.C. so as to make the trip a short one. The hotel is run so that guests don't have to worry about anything except check out time. Reagan National Airport is very close, but the building well built enough that you don't hear the noise. I had a vacation worth my time and travel. Fun!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Peter V:

Thank you for taking time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City at Washington Regan National Airport. We appreciate feedback from our guests as it allows us to focus on service and product improvement.

I sincerely enjoyed reading your kind words and was very pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us. The DC area offers so many opportunities for fun, sightseeing and relaxation. It is a great place to spend your vacation time.

Thank you again for your great post. We hope we will see you again very soon!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Good Customer service. Hospitality. Free shuttle from hotel to airport and viceversa. Our Overall experience with Hilton is nice. Definitely, I would suggest my friends for this hotel & in Future I will definitely stay in Hilton Group of hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple