“Very good for the price”

Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Things were slow because of the holidays and the rates were phenomenal. The rooms were very nice and tastefully decorated. The bedding and pillows were excellent. Our biggest complaint was with the government commode that only uses about a pint of water per flush. It regularly took three or more flushes to get the job done. This was counterintuitive because the luxurious shower probably flowed over ten gallons per minute. The hotel is very convenient to Regan airport and there is excellent complimentary shuttle service. We'd stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 04DTS
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

I am so happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the quiet time and the rate deals that are available. It is certainly a hotel that you can get some very good rates and still be close enough to D.C. via the METRO that it is worth it.

As for your comments on the toilet flush, I have not heard that before but I will have our Director of Engineering work with Housekeeping to make sure toilets are working properly and providing the adequate amount of water to do the job and still conserve.

Thank you very much for having been with us and please consider us the next time you are in the D.C. area.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We've just returned from 4 night stay of this hotel. The location is a big plus - you don't need to go outside for the metro, you can take the elevator to the ground floor, then there is a nice indoor shopping center, 3 minutes and you're in the metro.
Gym was open 24/7, and there was a nice Jacuzzi in the pool (open until 8:00PM).

Room Tip: There is a public parking right next to the hotel. It seems free in the weekends and holidays.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidFirst

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us and thank you as well for the wonderful comments about your time at our hotel. I am so glad you were able to take advantage too of our pool and recently renovated health club. Yes, the health club being open 24/7 means you can always get in to work off any added calories from our restaurant or any of the local dining options.

Have a great new year and I hope we see you again.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Clean. Convenient to metro and airport. Great shuttle service. My only complaint would be the employees who work in the coffee bar area. They were rude and spoke very little English. Fortunately there was a nice, clean grill across the street that had coffee and breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013

I am so glad you liked our hotel for your recent stay and I truly appreciate your feedback regarding the communication challenge you experienced at our breakfast grab-and-go coffee area. We certainly embrace our company's diversity but it is important that all of our hosts be able to fully communicate with our guests. I will be speaking with our Senior Food & Beverage Manager to make sure we have the right people in the right roles to take care of our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My husband and I decided at the last minute to visit DC during Thanksgiving weekend. We got there Thursday, just in time to celebrate our Thanksgiving in this crystal city. The hotel was not bad at all. Very beautiful view of the lobby, quiet at the time for Thanksgiving. We were greeted by two great front desk staff, Malik and Evelyn. I must say they tried very best to give us the best service. First we got the room which was just left by the guest, so we had to change it. We changed to the room that smelled like cigarettes although we were told it's a non-smoking room. But as I said they tried their best because of short of staff. We settled in the second room and had a great stay in Crystal City till Sunday. We took the train to Smithsonian museums the next day and the trip was so convenient, the train is right below the building and it took us straight to the museums. We also had no problems finding restaurants around the area, so many restaurants to choose from. The hotel is very close to the Arlington cemetery which we visited on Saturday. Overall the experience was amazing and plan to go back. Smithsonian is huge, we only went to 4 buildings. The hotel's pool and gym were amazing, must use. Dinner menu was limited, breakfast was terrific. Service was very good, the staff were very helpful, will come back and stay at the same hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NoraFrydman

I am so sorry to hear about the less than ideal start to your stay but I am thankful that after things got settled, you were able to enjoy our hosts, our hotel and our area.

We certainly look forward to your return the next time you are in the D.C. area.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

The staff were friendly, warm, capable, and responsive. The location is excellent - close to the Metro system and many restaurants. The room was clean. Unfortunately we did not have a great experience there. We are both tall and had specifically asked for a king-sized bed. None were available mid-week (?) so we were given a room with two double beds. We couldn't get comfortable in the small bed and therefore we had a sleepless night. We will try a different hotel the next time.

Room Tip: Don't assume you will get a room with a king-sized bed just because you request one.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

I am so sorry to learn that you had a sleepless night given the size of the bed and I can certainly understand how that impacted your overall experience. While we certainly try to accomodate all of the requests we receive from our guests, sometimes we simply run out of things such as certain bed types, certain floors or even rooms that face a certain direction.

I would invite you in the future, should you choose to try our hotel again, to feel free to reach out to me directly (jt.magee@marriott.com) to see if I can help make sure we get you that king bed.

Again I am very sorry and I do hope you will consider us the next time as it seems you enjoyed all the other aspects of our hotel including our location and our hosts.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Have stayed here many times over the years. Convenient to Metro, National Airport
and Crystal City. Service is excellent, nice bar area with renovation. Easy to walk
to new shops and bistros. The Crystal City Marriott staff are very friendly and helpful.
Shuttle to airport a plus. Great stays each time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for being such a loyal guest of our hotel and I am so happy to hear you continue to stay with us. Your compliments on the hotel, our bar, our location, shuttle and most importantly, our service really make me proud. All of us here at the Crystal City Marriott work very hard to provide a brilliant experience for all of our guests and I am thankful we have the chance to do it for you over and over.

Thank you again and we will be here for you again the next time you are in the D.C. area.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Only stayed at this hotel for two nights for business. It was great! Clean rooms, wonderful beds, service was excellent. I was there for a conference and did not have time to go into the fitness center but I heard others saying that it was great. Lots of really wonderful non-chain restaurants all very near here. I would stay here over and over again.
I just love that the shuttle took 5 minutes at the most to get to the airport and drop me off with no difficulties! Couldn't be happier! Great place!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim L

Wow, what great comments you took the time to share. Thank you so much for that and for choosing to stay with us at all.

Next time you stay, you do have to try out our fitness center as it is really a great asset of this hotel. It has recently been completely renovated and we really listened to our guests and tried to equip it how they wanted including cardio, strength and even free weight equipment.