“Above Average Conference Hotel”

Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #19 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was here for a conference, and I am generally a Marriott person when at all possible, so this was a good fit. The room was fine, the service in general was fine. I dined at the restaurant on site one of the evenings. It was acceptable (and the server was very friendly) but I don't know that I would give the food superior marks (although it was fine ...). The only slightly odd thing was when I was trying to buy a bottle of water and had a $10 bill out, the staff person asked me to pay with credit card instead. Not a big deal and probably faster (?) but it just struck me funny. The front desk did save the day with a sewing kit and safety pins though and tha was a big plus! The accessibility to the metro was a plus also.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tenwaymom
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

I understand that you were here for a meeting but I am still pleased you stayed and decided to share your comments. Even given the location of your conference, there are certainly still choices and we do appreciate that you were with us.

Please know your comments will be shared with all of our operational leaders as we certainly strive to be more then fine and I will be following up with the front desk regarding the bottle of water.

Thank you again and I do hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the D.C. area.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel and the experience was terrible. The rooms were recently refurbished and seem nice on the surface. The problem seems to be that the doors which connect adjoining rooms are not soundproofed and must be paper thin. Each night I was awakened by loud and obnoxious people on one side or the other of my rooms (I changed rooms for my second night given the experience the first night). The first night the yelling, door slamming and ridiculous behavior went on from 2:30 until 4:00 AM. After calling for security 2 times it finally stopped. The second night, the idiot next door was on the phone in a very loud voice for an hour starting at midnight.

Room Tip: Ask not to be given a room with an interior door that connects to another room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jack P
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

I am so sorry to read about how poor your stay was due to noise from neighboring rooms. As someone that travels as well, I can certainly understand how frustrating and disturbing that is and I am very sorry.

I will have our Engineering team start checking our room connecting doors to ensure that the seals are present and also look at what other options may be available to better insulate from sound between our rooms.

Thank you for the feedback and again, I am sorry you did not enjoy your time at our hotel.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Our family traveled here after Christmas. We got a super rate and what a value it was!! This is a great hotel in a terrific location! The underground tunnels that lead to the Metro, shops and dining are perfect! We had such a good experience here, I definitely see us returning!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for having chosen to stay with us and also for taking the time to share your comments. It sounds like our hotel was just what you needed and I am very happy that you will return to stay with us in the future.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Just finished a 3 night stay with 2 family members. Staff at the hotel was outstanding. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and very nice. Short trip from DCA. Easy access through Crystal City shops to metro. Metro to DC was only a short ride everyday. Had to check out a day early due to snow storm coming. Was not a problem. Held our bags until we were ready to leave for our flight. Would definitely stay here again! A+A+A+A+A+

Room Tip: Stayed on the ninth floor. Did not here anyone around us.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank C C
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Wow, what a fantastic review you have written about our hotel. Recognizing our service, cleanliness and location is all certainly all we can ask for. I am sorry that our weather caused you to check out early but I do hope that means you will return again.

Thank you so much for having stayed with us and certainly for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My wife was traveling on business, I was there "along for the ride". Just let me say up front, I'd use this hotel again, for a number of reasons, mainly because of the way we were treated. The hotel itself is wonderfully located in Arlington, away from DC, but easily accessed via Metro station which can be reached through the underground walkway. In fact, there is a huge variety of restaurants, shops, services, etc. all located in the Crystal City Shops. Primarily, it was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff that sold me. From the day we checked in...til the moment we left, every member of staff made us feel welcome, doted on our needs, engaged us in conversation, and anticipated our needs. They were great. BTW..I could get used to the room service...a somewhat limited menu, but served quickly, not overpriced..and very tasty,...breakfast and lunch. You'll probably not want to use the dining room for dinner, there are so many gourmet choices nearby, but breakfast, lunch and snacks, were great. The room was what they called a Jr. Suite..plenty big enough for two, cleaned efficiently and properly each day, nicely situated, and they honored our request for a lower floor. Very comfortable bed. It's not a luxury hotel, but reasonably priced for the area, and the service satisfaction vastly overcame the shortcomings, which were as follows: 1. the heating and air conditioning units are noisy...if you're a light sleeper, that might take some getting used to. 2. The TV was unsatisfactory, both for image quality and variety,and the remote did not allow you to go back to the last channel or access the guide. Channel selection is very limited and we had brought a USB device thinking that might be the case so we could watch from our Android or Apple tv subscription, but there was no working USB input on the TV...at least the remote would not give us access, perhaps because the remote wouldn't allow us to change the source. I understand that's all not a big deal..but I was under the weather for two days...and stuck in the room...so, well you can imagine. Would we go back? Yes. Thanks to all who helped make the experience a good one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank chuckiek
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Good morning and thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I was so happy to read your feedback and I am glad you chose to come "along for the ride". Please know we take all of the reviews we get, very seriously and I will make sure that the pros and cons are shared so that we can continue to improve our hotel.

I trust you are feeling better by now and I hope you will come along again the next time you find an opportunity to return to the D.C. area.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Picked this hotel as a place to stay with our family while enjoying DC for the weekend. Can't beat the location's easy access to the Metro and we had a great rate. I was a little disappointed in having to pay for wi-fi in the room (why isn't this standard yet?) and for the freezing cold indoor pool. Otherwise we had great service from the front desk and the room was surprisingly spacious! Encountered some loud neighbors in the hallways at night because of a high school volleyball tournament that seemed to take over the property, but you run into these issues anywhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rjarabeck
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us over what what a busy weekend indeed and thank you for your understanding regarding the activity from the group we had with us. Also, I have our team looking into the pool temperature to make sure that is properly adjusted as I certainly understand how important that is.

Thank you again and I hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the 1st time last week, during a snowstorm. The hotel was short staffed but everyone went the extra mile to make sure that the guests were safe and happy. This hotel was just great and in the future, it will be my DC/No VA hotel of choice!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Yes, that storm was a challenging time for us and our guests but everyone really pulled together to make sure our guests were taken care of. Thank you for recognizing it and I am so happy that you experienced a good stay despite the challenges from the weather.

See you soon I hope; but next time without the snow ideally.