“Very good location for a visit to DC”

Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Texas
“Very good location for a visit to DC”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed here for two nights of site seeing in DC. The location is great because it is a short walk (indoors) to the Metro which you can use to see all the sites in DC. Shuttle service from DCA every 20 min. Lots of great restaurants within walking distance. The front desk staff was not particularly friendly or helpful upon check in, and did not (or could not) accommodate our request for a king room. The bell staff and shuttle drivers were very friendly. The room was updated but not the bathroom which seemed a bit odd but then, we were not in the room much anyway so yes I would stay here again because of the convenience factor.

Room Tip: The hallways are short. Ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you very much for not only staying with us but also for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed yourself but concerned about your comments regarding our Front Desk as they certainly need to provide a friendly and helpful experience for our guests. I will be sharing your comments with them so that they can hear how you felt and use that to improve their performance.

Thank you again and I do hope you will stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for five days and it was awesome. The hotel is right near the metro station connected with a well lit tunnel. There are so many shops connected with the same tunnel. I just want to clarify that this hotel is not at a metro station, however is a short walk from it via the tunnel. There is a Dunkin Donuts (for breakfast), Rite Aide, Subway etc. Couple of very good restaurants are walking distance away (Indian and Ethiopian are the ones that we tried). We also tried the restaurant in the hotel and it was very good.
The hotel staff were awesome. I loved the little details like referring to us by our last names (the personal touch). The bed of the hotel was one of my top 5 most comfortable beds ever! I personally just missed a fan in the room (I know it is kinda odd but I like wind in the room). The was no issues getting to DC, just a small trip via train. The ticket machines are tricky. First timers make sure to get with a metro representative to get details and a map. Will recommend it to everyone and will stay here again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. It was so great to read how you took advantage of our location with the METRO, the Crystal City Underground shops and all the restaurants in the area. I was also pleased to read your kind words about our restaurant BELL20 our beds and certainly our service. We certainly work hard on our service and I am glad it showed.

I hope we will see you again the next time you are in the D.C. area.
Austin, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Absolutely amazing! The staff is incredibly helpful/accommodating all while being charismatic, Mike from the Bell20 and the security guard I wandered too with questions made a great case for the type of staff employed here. The rooms are on par with the staff, fully and luxuriously stocked with a bed that made it hard to want to get out of :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cassie070707
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
I was so happy to read your review and espcially your recognition of Mike in Bell20 and one of our Security officers. I can tell you that everyone here works hard to provide a brilliant hotel experience for all of our guests and I am so glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

Thank you so much and I hope the next time you are in the D.C. area you will choose to stay with us again.
Kingston, NY
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have been traveling the world for a while now and I was blown away by the guest experience at the Crystal City Marriott. The property is conveniently located a short underground walk to the Metro station. There are a number of restaurants, drug stores, barbershops...you name it in that underground so beating bad weather is not an issue. The hotel is also very close to the airport and there are also a number of great restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are spacious and well appointed and they have a small fridge as well. The staff is superb. The doormen are attentive and helpful to an extreme. So are the front desk staff, specially Emily, who made our business stay both pleasant and productive. Kudos to them and the people who manage the hotel for providing such a welcoming experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us and then for taking your valuable time to write such wonderful things about our hotel, our hosts and even our location. We certainly work hard to provide just the experience you had and I hope you will stay with us again.
Culpeper, Virginia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you book through a 3rd party (i.e. Expedia) they will not treat you the same!! I had called a week, one day, and the day of my arrival to confirm my early check-in. I was 1 of 5 total and they put us in an adjoining room. Sound travels so much more in adjoining rooms, so to purposely put 5 people in one is confusing to me. I booked a "Deluxe Room" yet when the front desk would address it they kept calling it a "Standard" but would never explain the difference or why my online confirmation indeed said "Deluxe". I also requested a rollaway to accommodate my 5th guest at check-in..at noon. By midnight we still had not received our rollaway and when I called to the front desk to ask when it would arrive, they told me it was by availability and they no longer had any to give. I had asked for one 12 HOURS prior!!! AND as we were heading up to our room after check-in at noon, we physically saw one pushed inside their storage area, which was a small alcove by the ice machine. But nonetheless, we saw one NOT yet in use and still didn't get one. When I called the front desk again to request blankets and extra pillows, no one answer. I hung up after it rung for a whole minute. So, I physically walked down there and sure enough a person was standing there. He said he was only the night auditor and did not have any authority to do anything for us about the bed, even though it was THEIR miscommunication that caused such an inconvenience. When I asked for a manager's business card, the front desk gentleman couldn't find one to give me and said to just come back to the desk in the morning and talk to someone ourselves. He was just the night auditor who gets things dumped on him and he has to take it all but can't do anything ... blah blah blah. He was full of excuses and did not take ownership of anything. Now, the following morning, I spoke to Lakeysha who had a business card at hand, allowed me to express my concerns, and did a great job at making me feel as if my complaints will be addressed accordingly. She even said they can call the other Marriotts around for extra rollaways, if necessary!! I wasn't looking for a refund or anything special, but that man did a terrible job of accommodating me and my guest. Oh, did I mention he told me 5 people are NOT allowed in their rooms?! I booked as 5, and went back on to their actual website to confirm that in fact 5 people are fine to be in those rooms. At the end of the day, it's close proximity to the metro is not enough to keep me as a repeat guest. I will not book here again. There are plenty of other places (check out the Renaissance or Radisson). Thank you, Lakeysha, for have such great customer service! ** We did not take advantage of their restaurant **

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank A H
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Upon reading your comments I want to sincerely apologize to you for the experience you had at our hotel. None of what you expected was out of the norm and we clearly failed to not only deliver, but also to resolve it and for that I am truly sorry.

Please know that we greatly appreciate your comments and will be addressing those involved as they certainly did not maintain the standard that you and I expect from our hotel. In addtion, I will make sure Lakeysha is recognized for her assistance and how she handled things.

Again, I am very sorry and please know that your comments have been shared throughout all of the leadership at this hotel. We will use your feedback to improve how we operate for all of our guests and ensure we are providing the experience we all expect.
Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed at hotel 3-17- 3-20, 2014 hotel is in a good location connects to metro through underground, lots of shops and restaurants close by. Hotel rooms a large, clean, and well cared for. Shuttle to DCA was nice and on time. Staff was friendly and professional at all times. Only issue was the the paper thin walls in the rooms think most of the noise came through the connecting door to the next room the seals need to be changed or sound proofing needs to be added. Would recommend this hotel for an easy trip to DCA and D.C for the sights

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for having chosen to stay with us and also for taking the time to share your feedback. We certainly work hard to provide a wonderful experience for our guests and are so appreciative that you were with us.

I do hope we will have you with us again in the future.
chicago
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Crystal City is very close to Reagan Washington DC airport. All the hotels in the Crystal City area are pretty much the same. So if you are a value traveler it really does not matter which hotel you stay at. This hotel wants to charge you 13 bucks to use the internet. It is your basic three star hotel with no free internet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for having stayed with us and for letting us know about your experience. At this time, our hotel only offers complimentary wifi in our lobby. And in addtion, we have complimentary computers in our business center, concierge lounge and main lobby that all have internet access as well for our guests.

Thank you again and I hope you will stay with us in the future.