Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Reno, Nevada
“Welcoming”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed for a conference, the venue was expertly managed, quality food, attentive staff, clean and well maintained. The location was perfect, actually on a metro stop, restaurants and shops within steps

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PatandBill93
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. It was wonderful to read how you found our hotel to be and please know your comments will be shared among the entire hotel.

I can tell you everyone here works very hard to provide a brilliant experience for our guests and whenever we are lucky enough to hear how we did, we make sure it is heard by our entire team.

Thank you again and I hope we will see you the next time you are in the D.C. area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Was there for Rolling Thunder and couldnt have been better. This was not one of the 'main' hotels for bikers, which increased our comfort. Maybe 25 bikes there and they treated us great. Good food, bar scene. I will return. Oh - pool big and other amenities all top notch.

• Stayed May 2014
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
We are so happy to be a part of Rolling Thunder and are so pleased to see so many of the same guests return year after year to be with us over that weekend. It is certainly a fun time in D.C. and I am glad you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope this means we will see you for Rolling Thunder 2015 if not sooner.
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed briefly after arriving at IAD at 3am. This worked well as we had a meeting in Crystal City. Packages with breakfast & parking are available, really helps. The room, bath & bed were typical of this class of Marriott, all excellent. Breakfast buffet was also great, well above average fare with many choices. Self parking was set to access. The staff was very friendly & efficient. The only detractor was finding some cleaning cloths on my vanity. Everything was clean, someone just left the cloths behind. Otherwise a great stay if not short, & I'll definitely stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and also for letting us know about your experience at our hotel. We certainly read and appreciate all of the feedback we get and to have read about your stay was wonderful.

I do want to apologize to you however for the cleaning cloth that was left in your room as that certainly should not have been there. And in fact, I will make sure all of the housekeepers hear your comment so that they can pay extra attention to make sure it does not happen in the future.

Thank you again and I hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the D.C. area.
North Canton
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is the epitome of a solid, well-cared for Marriott hotel. The staff is wonderfully friendly and helpful, and we couldn't have asked for more. The location is fabulous, with restaurants, shops, and the Metro right next door.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
It was so nice to read your comment and I truly appreciate you having chosen to stay with us. We certainly work hard to provide just the experience you described and I am so happy you enjoyed our hotel.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the D.C. area.
Raleigh
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night May 24, 2014. The check in process was easy (early check in was granted) . The room was ok size , not really big , but not small. The hotel could use some updating as compared to the Gateway across the street . No problems during this stay. Ate lunch at the restaurant, the server was slow, but the food was fine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for having chosen to stay with us and also for taking the time to share your comments. We certainly read and use all of the feedback we get to continually improve our hotel and our service as we strive to provide a brilliant experience for our guests.

I wish things had been better for you while you were here but I do greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know.
Boston
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We drove the staff crazy, trying to get our family of 30+ all located on the same floor, in the same are; yet the staff was amazing--working with us endlessly to make it happen!! Flor, the cleaning woman on the third floor from Peru, bent over backwards for us--there for our every request--always with a smile on her face! The fresh fruit at the breakfast buffet was DELICIOUS and the egg white veggie omelet was perfect for the dieters...everything was fantastic! I hope my family will get the chance to visit the Crystal City Marriott again in the future!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lilac1031
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you so much for being with us and also for your great comments. I am so glad that our Front Desk team took such good care of you and your group and I will make sure Flor hears how she impacted your stay too.

Thank you again and I hope you will return to stay with us in the future.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Marriott has made it very confusing to find the right hotel. What used to be the Crystal City Marriott, a business-focused hotel, is now the Crystal Gateway Marriott. And this Marriott, which is conveniently located to the airport is more consumer oriented. The hotel is a bit tired, for example, the sleeping room sheers are gone but the handles and track remain. Small lobby, small restaurant and lobby bar. The staff is friendly and willing, but it seems they lack training and their service is inconsistent. I'd stay here again if there weren't any rooms available at the Crystal Gateway Marriott just across the highway.

Room Tip: As high up as you can.
Green Features: I'm unaware of environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank VacaBoy
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
I am so sorry to have heard about your experience at our hotel but I can tell you I am also very thankful to read it. Your comments, though difficult to hear, certainly help me and our entire team realize what we need to do better. And after sharing your comments with all of the departments this morning at a hotel-wide meeting, everyone too knows what needs to be done. Our goal every day is to provide a brilliant experience for our guests and your comments will help us do just that.

So again, I am sorry that we failed you in some aspects but I am very appreciative of the candid feedback so we may focus and improve.