Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Bogota, Colombia
“Great Place”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It is a beautiful hotel, nice service at front desk and good food.

It is close to Reagan airport and to train station to go to DC. Very reasonable prices.

The rooms are as usual in marriott !!!! GREAT!!.

I do not recommend to use a car because the parking is expensive, but the shuttle can take you to the train station and you can move easily trough DC.

Do not miss the opportunity to stay in here,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Good evening Justo05,

Thank you so much for being with us and for sharing your feedback about our hotel. It was great to read how you enjoyed your time and found our hotel and service to be so good.

I hope this means that the next time you are in the D.C. area you will stay with us and thank you again as we truly appreciate you having chosen our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Four night stay at the Crystal City Marriott without a single complaint. Received a great friends and family rate during the Miss United States pagent. Connected to the tunnel system for easy access to the Metro Station, and tunnel shopping. I would stay here again if I could get this rate.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Good afternoon Jumping_beano,

Thank you, thank you and thank you again. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and I too hope you are able to return and stay with us the next time you are in the D.C. area.
Bedford, Indiana
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Crystal City Marriott is extremely convenient to anyone traveling out of DCA which is one Metro stop away, or a quick drive away.

Unfortunately, despite a relatively recent remodel in the lobby area, this location needs some work if it is going to measure up to the standards I've come to expect from full service Marriott hotels.

When I entered my room, I discovered the remnants of a previous guest's coffee condiments on the window sill and floor. I moved them to the tray with the coffeemaker. The next day, they were still there.

Generally speaking, over the course of my 3 days there, I felt that the housekeeping was haphazard and lacked attention to detail. Is this a crime? Certainly not - but you're staying at a full service hotel, you come to expect more.

Other somewhat sour notes - as others have noted, the AC is loud, the bathrooms are way too small, and the concierge lounge is not particularly warm or inviting.

I'd stay here in a pinch, but would not go out of my way to choose this property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank gcmanke2
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Good afternoon gcmanke2,

I am so sorry to have read about your experience at our hotel and I can assure you that the housekeeping issues you encountered are not how we operate. I am embarrassed by what you shared and I can assure you that your comments have already been communicated with the leaders of our Rooms team. In addition, they will also be shared at their daily department meetings so that all of our hosts are aware of how your stay was impacted by these mistakes.

Again, I am very sorry and I also appreciate you taking the time to let us know so that we may fully address it.
Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Pros:
- good location (close to National Airport and 2 min walk form metro station)
- Comfortable room, clean
- Fridge
- Complimentary shuttle to the airport (5-7 min)

Cons:
- Air conditioning very loud
- Small bathroom that smelled smoke
- Priority member lane at check-inn not respected
- 12$ per day for wifi (free if Elite status)

Note : make sure to go to the right Marriott because there is another one next to the same metro station

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Oudhay
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Hello Oudhay,

Thank you for being with us and I am sorry that everything was not as great as we work towards. In fact, your comments about the smoke smell in the bathroom and the Marriott Elite lane were very concerning to me. Those comments will be fully shared among all of the hotel's leadership so that we can focus our efforts to improve our service.

I was also very thankful to read that you enjoyed our location, found the room to be comfortable and clean, liked having a refrigerator in the room and utilized the complimentary shuttle to the airport.

Thank you again and I hope you will return to stay with us in the future.
Brunswick
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Long story short ... NOT worth the money!! Fridge was missing. The replacement was half the size & wasn't put in the cabinet where it belonged. It was left on the floor by the desk. Furniture was badly dated and worn. It hadn't been dusted in a while. Double bed mattresses are very thin & caved in the middle. I got a MUCH better deal at the Crystal City Gateway Marriott and I know the rooms are better because I've stayed there before. I originally was going to stay for 5 nights but am cutting it short to 1 night. There are only 2 good things about this place. 1) staff is wonderful. 2) walking distance from subway.

Room Tip: Stay at the Crystal City Gateway instead.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kristi M
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Good morning Kristi M,

I am so sorry to learn that you had such a poor experience at our hotel. I am very concerned about what you wrote and will be following up with the appropriate leaders to make sure they are aware and addressing the issues with their teams.

Again, I am very sorry that you were so dissatisfied but pleased that you did find our staff to be wonderful and enjoyed our location.
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed 2 nights at this Marriott this past weekend. Decent hotel, everything seemed in good condition. Metro station and a lot of shops and restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Receptionists were outstanding and parking lot attendant was very nice. Now here are the 3 major gripes I have about this property. The air conditioning unit is VERY loud, takes some getting used to at night while trying to sleep. Also, there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom. By the way, the bathroom is extremely small. Lastly, DO NOT use the ice vending machine on the 8th floor. Suspicious black particles in the ice. Disgusting!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Naisun M
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Good morning Naisun M,

On behalf of all of the senior leadership here at our hotel, we have read your comments and are very sorry that everything was not better for your stay. In fact, I will be meeting personally with our Engineering team to make sure that your AC and ice machine comments are addressed as both of those are on regular cleanings, maintenance and inspection programs.

In addition, I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments about our location and especially the service you experienced from our desk and parking attendants. I can tell you that everyone here works very hard to provide a top level of service and I am pleased you experienced that.

Thank you again and please know we will address the problems you identified.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel is a good, clean, reasonably-priced choice if you don't want to stay in downtown DC. It looks as if it was recently redecorated and possibly renovated. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The bathroom was quite compact, but OK otherwise - everything worked and we never ran out of hot water. Hotel personnel at the Front Desk and in the restaurant were exceptionally nice.

Parking (about $25/day) is available under the hotel; you enter and exit via an easy to find opening at street level. It is on the "Ground" floor. Go to the "Lobby" floor to check in, dine, etc. You may pay for your parking here or at the garage exit.

This hotel is technically over the Crystal City Metro Station (blue & yellow lines), but in reality, you will have about a two block walk through an underground "mall" to get to the actual station.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karin M
Good evening Karin M,

Thank you very much for being with us and for sharing your great review. It was nice to read that you found our hotel to be nice, reasonably priced and comfortable; not to mention that you never ran out of hot water. In addition, your comment about the Front Desk and Restaurant hosts being exceptionally nice was wonderful to read. And I am glad you were able to capitalize on our great location, our connection to the METRO, our proximity to downtown and even the underground shops.

Thank you again and I hope we will have the pleasure of having you stay with us the next time you find yourself in the D.C. area.