“Marriott up to Marriott standards”

Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Marriott for four nights while attending the convention of Jehovah's Witnesses in FedEx Field Landover. We arrived at the Marriott around 5 PM and check in was very easy and the front desk was very helpful. We had a room on the seventh floor and even though the hotel was very crowded we seem to never have to wait for one of the three elevators. We ordered breakfast in our room two mornings in a row and the food was excellent they have a guarantee that if the food is not delivered on time it was free so one of our breakfast's was free no questions asked the room service man just took it off the bill. On our last night we had dinner at the restaurant and also the service and food was excellent. Monday morning the shuttle to the airport was on time with no problems I can highly recommend staying at this hotel in the future.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Good afternoon GeraldHirsh,

Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us for such a great event. I truly appreciate that you were here and I am so happy to hear how wonderful your stay was. Your comments about our hotel, check in, the room, breakfast and even the shuttle were great to read and I am glad you took the time to share your feedback.

Thank you again and I hope you will stay with us the next time you find yourself back in the D.C. area.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great location within minutes to DC for the festival. We had a good time! The rooms were clean the indoor pool was great with kids, they loved it. We initially took a train down but it's so much more faster and easier to just drive down and find parking.

AT first the local cab drivers scared us and even said they wouldn't advise to drive or even himself drive us in to the DC area for the festival. Because we are New Yorkers, we thought how bad could it be? Sure enough it was a breeze! the traffic was normal and expected, nothing crazy.

Room Tip: very high up. if you don't like heights ask for lower level.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BenAylin
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Good morning BenAylin,

I am so happy you were able to enjoy the fantastic Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C. and that you chose to stay with us as you did. It is really a great time of year here and I am pleased you were able to be a part of it.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for this visit and I am so glad that your kids were able to enjoy our indoor pool while they were here too.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was totally unimpressed on my last visit but what a CHANGE!

If you take the shuttle from Reagan make sure you get on the right one!

The staff was very accommodating, helpful and friendly.
The room was a basic set up but with plenty of electric plugs for all the gadgets
The bathroom was a bit cramped and in fact there wasn't enough room for a towel bar. But for a single guest it works. Good assortment of toiletries. The staff was always smiling and making eye contact.

Qualified for concierge lounge for breakfast and "dinner" options, always a good assortment and tasty food,

Would go again. Nice to have an underground connection to Metro stop, but if you're a tourist most everything you want to see will need a Metro connection.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Good morning Mark b,

I am so thankful that you gave us another try and I am so happy that you had such a great experience with us. Reading your comments about our hotel, our staff, our location and even our Concierge Lounge was great and I am glad we met your expectations.

Thank you again and I hope this means you will be with us in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We had never stayed in Crystal City before and wanted a hotel close to the metro. To say this hotel is convenient to the metro is an understatement. We enjoyed the convenience of being in the middle of all the shops and restaurants. The hotel itself was also very clean, and the gym and pool facilities were outstanding. We will book this hotel for our next trip to DC without hesitation. The only negative for us was the cost of parking but we have definitely paid more to park overnight in places like Baltimore.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello Dujott,

It is so nice to know that you had such an enjoyable time at our hotel. Thank you so much not only for choosing us but also for taking the time to share your great review. We certainly appreciate it very much and are looking forward to your return too.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was a great hotel for sightseeing in DC! The Crystal City Metro station is connected to the hotel by an underground area filled with shops, eateries, etc. It is a quick 10-minute ride to all the sights in DC. The hotel itself is nice and modern. My room was large and clean. The beds are comfy. The bathroom in my room was small but nicely furnished. The rainfall showerhead was amazing...best hotel shower ever! The staff were nice and courteous. We called the front desk at 9:30 p.m. one night due to an issue with the TV and a maintenance person was at our door in less than five minutes and solved the problem very quickly. The hotel was pretty busy during our stay but I didn't hear very much noise in the hallways at night. The hotel is also on a busy street but I didn't hear a ton of road noise. The area around the hotel had 15+ restaurants (we ate at a couple, they were all pretty good) as well as a gas station and CVS within an easy walking distance of 1/2 mile or less. Overall, I would stay here again when I return to DC due to the excellent Metro access and nice, clean rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank StallSissy
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Good afternoon StallSissy,

It was such a pleasure to read your review of our hotel and I am so happy you were able to take advantage of our location to tour the D.C. area. In addition, your comments about the room, our service and our promptness to resolve the problem with the television, were all great to read and I do hope you will stay with us in the future.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The staff was very nice & helpful. I was alone & had a detailed plan on visiting various sights. The staff was helpful & gave good advice.

I loved it that this hotel had an airport shuttle. After checking out of my room, my flight wasn't scheduled for about 4 hours. The staff were okay that I stayed in their lobby for a couple of hours reading a book before taking the shuttle.

The room was nice thought it felt a bit dated but the hotel price was right. The cleaning staff did a good job. The tub area & bathroom were clean. The bathroom counter was large and allowed me to spread out my toiletries. Shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, lotion and a hair dryer were provided and replenished daily.

Know that Wifi is not free. It cost about $13/day. It's free in the lobby.

It was great that the hotel is only a block away from the Crystal City Metro Station. You could walk to the station on the street or go through the underground shopping area. I went on an evening bus tour and, as I was told, riding the metro at 10pm and walking to the hotel was quite safe if you remain aware.

There were many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Good morning Cody K,

I am so happy that you not only chose to stay with us but that you enjoyed your stay and shared your feedback. We certainly work to provide a wonderful and enjoyable stay for all of our guests and I am so glad you experienced that. As you described, there is a great selection of restaurants and even the METRO all within walking distance from our front doors or via the Crystal City Underground and I am pleased you took advantage of that.

Also, we are currently in the early stages of planning a room renovation so that they too will reflect the updated look and feel of our lobby, restaurant, concierge lounge, fitness center and meeting space. So hopefully the next time you return that may be in the works as we are always trying to improve our hotel.

Thank you again and I am so glad you not only enjoyed our hotel but the area we are in.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Excellent hotel for conferences. Convenient to Reagan and D.C. If you have a few minutes to spare or need to eat or shop - the underground Crystal City is just steps away. I found a shop that had Coast Guard pins - that does not happen often.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 9th floor next to the elevator and never heard a thing.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank William B
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Good morning William B,

Thank you very much for letting us know about your wonderful stay with us. We do a number of conferences at our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. In addition, I know exactly the store you are talking about in the Crystal City Underground and I will stop by there to let them know you appreciate their USCG support.

Thank you again and I hope we will see you soon.